PCGen Seeking Help Going Back to Gen Con!

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8, 2010
      PCGen is once again going to Gen Con and we REALLY need all the help
      we can get from the PCGen Team and the PCGen Community at large!

      "But how can I help?" you might ask. There are two very important ways
      in which you can help PCGen in this endeavor,

      First and foremost, come join us at Gen Con and while your there lend
      a hand at the booth. Paul does an wonderful job representing PCGen but
      the man needs a bathroom break every now and then! As of right now
      there are two team members committed to going and we could use all the
      help we can get from the PCGen community at large. You don't have to
      be an expert, so stop by and stand a shift or two between gaming
      sessions!

      The second way in which you can help PCGen go to Gen Con is to donate
      a few dollars towards the cause. The estimated budget for the trip
      this year is approximately $2500 which will cover the booth space,
      flyers and CDs. Donating to PCGen can be done in one of two ways.
      Through SourceForges PCGen Donations Page here:

      https://sourceforge.net/project/project_donations.php?group_id=25576

      Or directly to PCGen's PayPal account: <pcgenpaypal@...>

      To get more information, and to stay up-to-date on planning, visit the
      "PCGen Goes to Gen Con 2010" page:

      http://wiki.pcgen.org/index.php?title=PCGen_Goes_to_Gen_Con_2010!

      I look forward to seeing everyone at Gen Con so remember to stop by
      and say hi!

      ~ Eric C Smith (Maredudd)
      ~ Documentation 2nd, Data Gibbon
      ~ PL Chimp, OGL Gibbon
      ~ Tracker Gibbon, Website Tamarin
      ~ Tenacious Monkey
      ~ Face melioram personam
    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 8, 2010
        Oops! There is only ONE team member committed to going as of now . . .

        Eric wrote:
        > As
        > of right now
        > there are two team members committed to going and we could use all the
        > help we can get from the PCGen community at large.

        Eric
      • Paul
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 12, 2010
          And I'm the one team member that's confirmed. While I do love talking to people about PCGen, it would be nice to have somebody else there to talk with and be able to swap breaks. Plus my wife would like some time with me during the day as well. :)

          So we could definitely use all the help we can get, plus there's a free badge for at least one person. and since that batch would be a merchant badge you can get into the Exhibit hall early (of course most sellers don't get ready till about 10-20 min before it opens but at least you can wander without the crowds).

          > Oops! There is only ONE team member committed to going as of now . . .
          >
          > Eric wrote:
          > > As
          > > of right now
          > > there are two team members committed to going and we could use all the
          > > help we can get from the PCGen community at large.
          > >
          > Eric

        • John Kantner
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 12, 2010
            I'd be interested in attending but it would be a time/money thing for me and
            I'm not sure when I'd be able to absolutely confirm. Still have a few months
            to figure things out, but if I do go, I'd love to help man the booth.

            John

            --
            "The people you think are on your side are actually vampires sucking your
            blood; the people you think are out to destroy you and America are actually