Re: [pcgen] Can't create cleric using Pathfinder rules

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 5, 2010
      Hi Folks,

      The Deity Selection is made in the DOMAINS tab.

      Hope that helps.

      On 4/5/2010 7:31 PM, bootsy_rir2 wrote:
      > Hi.
      > Using PCGen 5.16.2 with Pathfinder.
      > I tried creating a Half-Orc cleric today, but the Cleric class is written in red, and PCGen would not let me select it. I figured, maybe there's something about the Half-Orc, but it's the same for Human and any alignment I tried.
      > The requirements section for Cleric in PCGen says:
      > Requirements: has.deity: Y at least 1
      > So far I have not found a section where I can pick a deity, and I don't know what the Y could refer to.
      > I also found no reference of an requirements in the Pathfinder rule book.
      > Am I missing something, or did I find a bug?
      > Thanks!

      > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      PCGen Board of Directors, Admin Silverback
      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

    • Richard Lund
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 5, 2010
        Duh, I could have figured that out by myself BEFORE posting ...

        Sorry to bother you guys, and thanks for the fast answer!

        Now I can create my character after all :-)

        Thanks!

        On 4/5/2010 9:44 PM, Andrew Maitland wrote:
        > Hi Folks,
        >
        > The Deity Selection is made in the DOMAINS tab.
        >
        > Hope that helps.
        >
        > On 4/5/2010 7:31 PM, bootsy_rir2 wrote:
        >
        >> Hi.
        >> Using PCGen 5.16.2 with Pathfinder.
        >> I tried creating a Half-Orc cleric today, but the Cleric class is written in red, and PCGen would not let me select it. I figured, maybe there's something about the Half-Orc, but it's the same for Human and any alignment I tried.
        >> The requirements section for Cleric in PCGen says:
        >> Requirements: has.deity: Y at least 1
        >> So far I have not found a section where I can pick a deity, and I don't know what the Y could refer to.
        >> I also found no reference of an requirements in the Pathfinder rule book.
        >> Am I missing something, or did I find a bug?
        >> Thanks!
        >>

        >> ------------------------------------
        >>
        >> Related Lists
        >> PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

        >> Yahoo! Groups Links

      • danskmacabre
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 6, 2010
          Hi there, I got confused with that when I first used it.
          It's under the domains tab I believe, you need to choose a God and then a
          couple of spheres under that god. (such as healing and Good for example).

          It's not that obvious, but if you have a look about in there, you'll see it.
          I'm at work ATM, so don't have a copy of the program to give you more
          specific advice.

          On 6 April 2010 03:31, bootsy_rir2 <rlund@...> wrote:

          > Hi.
          > Using PCGen 5.16.2 with Pathfinder.
          > I tried creating a Half-Orc cleric today, but the Cleric class is written
          > in red, and PCGen would not let me select it. I figured, maybe there's
          > something about the Half-Orc, but it's the same for Human and any alignment
          > I tried.
          > The requirements section for Cleric in PCGen says:
          > Requirements: has.deity: Y at least 1
          > So far I have not found a section where I can pick a deity, and I don't
          > know what the Y could refer to.
          > I also found no reference of an requirements in the Pathfinder rule book.
          > Am I missing something, or did I find a bug?
          > Thanks!

        • Stefan Radermacher
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 6, 2010
            The prerequisite for clerics in Pathfinder RPG game mode that a deity must be
            preselected will be going away in the next release. It was necessary in an
            earlier code base to assure that proficiency with the deity's favored weapon
            was correctly added to the character, but this is working better now, so the
            prerequisite is no longer needed.

            Regards,
            Stefan.

            BTW. "Sphere" is such an archaic term. :)

            On Tuesday 06 April 2010 11:20:40 you wrote:
            > Hi there, I got confused with that when I first used it.
            > It's under the domains tab I believe, you need to choose a God and then a
            > couple of spheres under that god. (such as healing and Good for example).
            >
            > It's not that obvious, but if you have a look about in there, you'll see
            > it. I'm at work ATM, so don't have a copy of the program to give you more
            > specific advice.
            >
            > On 6 April 2010 03:31, bootsy_rir2 <rlund@...> wrote:
            > > Hi.
            > > Using PCGen 5.16.2 with Pathfinder.
            > > I tried creating a Half-Orc cleric today, but the Cleric class is written
            > > in red, and PCGen would not let me select it. I figured, maybe there's
            > > something about the Half-Orc, but it's the same for Human and any
            > > alignment I tried.
            > > The requirements section for Cleric in PCGen says:
            > > Requirements: has.deity: Y at least 1
            > > So far I have not found a section where I can pick a deity, and I don't
            > > know what the Y could refer to.
            > > I also found no reference of an requirements in the Pathfinder rule book.
            > > Am I missing something, or did I find a bug?
            > > Thanks!

            > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/
            > PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs:

          • danskmacabre
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 6, 2010
              Heh, I've been playing RPGs for a Looong time, I AM archaic!
              I couldn't remember the right term, so I used "Sphere", probably throwback
              from some RPG I used to play years ago.

              Actually I thought it was possible to not specifically worship a god in
              Pathfinder for a Cleric.
              I may well be wrong, as I don't have the rules with me and I've only been
              running Pathfinder for a few months, but I thought you could worship
              "concepts" (good, evil whatever) rather than a god as a cleric.

              On 6 April 2010 12:54, Stefan Radermacher <radermacher@...> wrote:

              > The prerequisite for clerics in Pathfinder RPG game mode that a deity must
              > be
              > preselected will be going away in the next release. It was necessary in an
              > earlier code base to assure that proficiency with the deity's favored
              > weapon
              > was correctly added to the character, but this is working better now, so
              > the
              > prerequisite is no longer needed.
              >
              > Regards,
              > Stefan.
              >
              > BTW. "Sphere" is such an archaic term. :)
              >

              > On Tuesday 06 April 2010 11:20:40 you wrote:
              > > Hi there, I got confused with that when I first used it.
              > > It's under the domains tab I believe, you need to choose a God and then a
              > > couple of spheres under that god. (such as healing and Good for example).
              > >
              > > It's not that obvious, but if you have a look about in there, you'll see
              > > it. I'm at work ATM, so don't have a copy of the program to give you more
              > > specific advice.
              > >
              > > On 6 April 2010 03:31, bootsy_rir2 <rlund@... <rlund%40lunds.us>>
              > wrote:
              > > > Hi.
              > > > Using PCGen 5.16.2 with Pathfinder.
              > > > I tried creating a Half-Orc cleric today, but the Cleric class is
              > written
              > > > in red, and PCGen would not let me select it. I figured, maybe there's
              > > > something about the Half-Orc, but it's the same for Human and any
              > > > alignment I tried.
              > > > The requirements section for Cleric in PCGen says:
              > > > Requirements: has.deity: Y at least 1
              > > > So far I have not found a section where I can pick a deity, and I don't
              > > > know what the Y could refer to.
              > > > I also found no reference of an requirements in the Pathfinder rule
              > book.
              > > > Am I missing something, or did I find a bug?
              > > > Thanks!

              > > Related Lists
              > > PCGen's Online Docs:
              > > PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs:
              > > http://pcgen.akozakis.id.au/autobuilds/download.html
              > >
              > > PCGen List File Help:
              > >
              > > PCGen Experimental:
              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Stefan Radermacher
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 6, 2010
                On Tuesday 06 April 2010 17:03:37 danskmacabre wrote:
                > Heh, I've been playing RPGs for a Looong time, I AM archaic!
                > I couldn't remember the right term, so I used "Sphere", probably throwback
                > from some RPG I used to play years ago.

                AD&D second edition to be exact. :)

                > Actually I thought it was possible to not specifically worship a god in
                > Pathfinder for a Cleric.
                > I may well be wrong, as I don't have the rules with me and I've only been
                > running Pathfinder for a few months, but I thought you could worship
                > "concepts" (good, evil whatever) rather than a god as a cleric.

                That is definitely an option in both 35e and the Pathfinder RPG, yes, and you
                can always select the strange deity called "None" in PCGen.

                Regards,
                Stefan.
              • danskmacabre
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 6, 2010
                  Ah that explains it on both counts then.... Thanks :)