Can't create cleric using Pathfinder rules

  • bootsy_rir2
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 5, 2010
      Hi.
      Using PCGen 5.16.2 with Pathfinder.
      I tried creating a Half-Orc cleric today, but the Cleric class is written in red, and PCGen would not let me select it. I figured, maybe there's something about the Half-Orc, but it's the same for Human and any alignment I tried.
      The requirements section for Cleric in PCGen says:
      Requirements: has.deity: Y at least 1
      So far I have not found a section where I can pick a deity, and I don't know what the Y could refer to.
      I also found no reference of an requirements in the Pathfinder rule book.
      Am I missing something, or did I find a bug?
      Thanks!
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 5, 2010
        Hi Folks,

        The Deity Selection is made in the DOMAINS tab.

        Hope that helps.

        On 4/5/2010 7:31 PM, bootsy_rir2 wrote:
        > Hi.
        > Using PCGen 5.16.2 with Pathfinder.
        > I tried creating a Half-Orc cleric today, but the Cleric class is written in red, and PCGen would not let me select it. I figured, maybe there's something about the Half-Orc, but it's the same for Human and any alignment I tried.
        > The requirements section for Cleric in PCGen says:
        > Requirements: has.deity: Y at least 1
        > So far I have not found a section where I can pick a deity, and I don't know what the Y could refer to.
        > I also found no reference of an requirements in the Pathfinder rule book.
        > Am I missing something, or did I find a bug?
        > Thanks!

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

        PCGen Board of Directors, Admin Silverback
        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

      • Richard Lund
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 5, 2010
          Duh, I could have figured that out by myself BEFORE posting ...

          Sorry to bother you guys, and thanks for the fast answer!

          Now I can create my character after all :-)

          Thanks!

          On 4/5/2010 9:44 PM, Andrew Maitland wrote:
          > Hi Folks,
          >
          > The Deity Selection is made in the DOMAINS tab.
          >
          > Hope that helps.
          >
          > On 4/5/2010 7:31 PM, bootsy_rir2 wrote:
          >
          >> Hi.
          >> Using PCGen 5.16.2 with Pathfinder.
          >> I tried creating a Half-Orc cleric today, but the Cleric class is written in red, and PCGen would not let me select it. I figured, maybe there's something about the Half-Orc, but it's the same for Human and any alignment I tried.
          >> The requirements section for Cleric in PCGen says:
          >> Requirements: has.deity: Y at least 1
          >> So far I have not found a section where I can pick a deity, and I don't know what the Y could refer to.
          >> I also found no reference of an requirements in the Pathfinder rule book.
          >> Am I missing something, or did I find a bug?
          >> Thanks!
          >>

          >> ------------------------------------
          >>
          >> Related Lists
          >> PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

          >> Yahoo! Groups Links

        • danskmacabre
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 6, 2010
            Hi there, I got confused with that when I first used it.
            It's under the domains tab I believe, you need to choose a God and then a
            couple of spheres under that god. (such as healing and Good for example).

            It's not that obvious, but if you have a look about in there, you'll see it.
            I'm at work ATM, so don't have a copy of the program to give you more
            specific advice.

            On 6 April 2010 03:31, bootsy_rir2 <rlund@...> wrote:

            > Hi.
            > Using PCGen 5.16.2 with Pathfinder.
            > I tried creating a Half-Orc cleric today, but the Cleric class is written
            > in red, and PCGen would not let me select it. I figured, maybe there's
            > something about the Half-Orc, but it's the same for Human and any alignment
            > I tried.
            > The requirements section for Cleric in PCGen says:
            > Requirements: has.deity: Y at least 1
            > So far I have not found a section where I can pick a deity, and I don't
            > know what the Y could refer to.
            > I also found no reference of an requirements in the Pathfinder rule book.
            > Am I missing something, or did I find a bug?
            > Thanks!

          • Stefan Radermacher
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 6, 2010
              The prerequisite for clerics in Pathfinder RPG game mode that a deity must be
              preselected will be going away in the next release. It was necessary in an
              earlier code base to assure that proficiency with the deity's favored weapon
              was correctly added to the character, but this is working better now, so the
              prerequisite is no longer needed.

              Regards,
              Stefan.

              BTW. "Sphere" is such an archaic term. :)

              On Tuesday 06 April 2010 11:20:40 you wrote:
              > Hi there, I got confused with that when I first used it.
              > It's under the domains tab I believe, you need to choose a God and then a
              > couple of spheres under that god. (such as healing and Good for example).
              >
              > It's not that obvious, but if you have a look about in there, you'll see
              > it. I'm at work ATM, so don't have a copy of the program to give you more
              > specific advice.
              >
              > On 6 April 2010 03:31, bootsy_rir2 <rlund@...> wrote:
              > > Hi.
              > > Using PCGen 5.16.2 with Pathfinder.
              > > I tried creating a Half-Orc cleric today, but the Cleric class is written
              > > in red, and PCGen would not let me select it. I figured, maybe there's
              > > something about the Half-Orc, but it's the same for Human and any
              > > alignment I tried.
              > > The requirements section for Cleric in PCGen says:
              > > Requirements: has.deity: Y at least 1
              > > So far I have not found a section where I can pick a deity, and I don't
              > > know what the Y could refer to.
              > > I also found no reference of an requirements in the Pathfinder rule book.
              > > Am I missing something, or did I find a bug?
              > > Thanks!

              > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/
              > PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs:

            • danskmacabre
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 6, 2010
                Heh, I've been playing RPGs for a Looong time, I AM archaic!
                I couldn't remember the right term, so I used "Sphere", probably throwback
                from some RPG I used to play years ago.

                Actually I thought it was possible to not specifically worship a god in
                Pathfinder for a Cleric.
                I may well be wrong, as I don't have the rules with me and I've only been
                running Pathfinder for a few months, but I thought you could worship
                "concepts" (good, evil whatever) rather than a god as a cleric.

                On 6 April 2010 12:54, Stefan Radermacher <radermacher@...> wrote:

                > The prerequisite for clerics in Pathfinder RPG game mode that a deity must
                > be
                > preselected will be going away in the next release. It was necessary in an
                > earlier code base to assure that proficiency with the deity's favored
                > weapon
                > was correctly added to the character, but this is working better now, so
                > the
                > prerequisite is no longer needed.
                >
                > Regards,
                > Stefan.
                >
                > BTW. "Sphere" is such an archaic term. :)
                >

                > On Tuesday 06 April 2010 11:20:40 you wrote:
                > > Hi there, I got confused with that when I first used it.
                > > It's under the domains tab I believe, you need to choose a God and then a
                > > couple of spheres under that god. (such as healing and Good for example).
                > >
                > > It's not that obvious, but if you have a look about in there, you'll see
                > > it. I'm at work ATM, so don't have a copy of the program to give you more
                > > specific advice.
                > >
                > > On 6 April 2010 03:31, bootsy_rir2 <rlund@... <rlund%40lunds.us>>
                > wrote:
                > > > Hi.
                > > > Using PCGen 5.16.2 with Pathfinder.
                > > > I tried creating a Half-Orc cleric today, but the Cleric class is
                > written
                > > > in red, and PCGen would not let me select it. I figured, maybe there's
                > > > something about the Half-Orc, but it's the same for Human and any
                > > > alignment I tried.
                > > > The requirements section for Cleric in PCGen says:
                > > > Requirements: has.deity: Y at least 1
                > > > So far I have not found a section where I can pick a deity, and I don't
                > > > know what the Y could refer to.
                > > > I also found no reference of an requirements in the Pathfinder rule
                > book.
                > > > Am I missing something, or did I find a bug?
                > > > Thanks!

                > > Related Lists
                > > PCGen's Online Docs:
                > > PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs:
                > > http://pcgen.akozakis.id.au/autobuilds/download.html
                > >
                > > PCGen List File Help:
                > >
                > > PCGen Experimental:
                > > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Stefan Radermacher
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 6, 2010
                  On Tuesday 06 April 2010 17:03:37 danskmacabre wrote:
                  > Heh, I've been playing RPGs for a Looong time, I AM archaic!
                  > I couldn't remember the right term, so I used "Sphere", probably throwback
                  > from some RPG I used to play years ago.

                  AD&D second edition to be exact. :)

                  > Actually I thought it was possible to not specifically worship a god in
                  > Pathfinder for a Cleric.
                  > I may well be wrong, as I don't have the rules with me and I've only been
                  > running Pathfinder for a few months, but I thought you could worship
                  > "concepts" (good, evil whatever) rather than a god as a cleric.

                  That is definitely an option in both 35e and the Pathfinder RPG, yes, and you
                  can always select the strange deity called "None" in PCGen.

                  Regards,
                  Stefan.
                • danskmacabre
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 6, 2010
                    Ah that explains it on both counts then.... Thanks :)