Re: [pcgen] Creation of new Familiars

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2010
      Hi Toras,

      You need to add the races to the FOLLOWERS / COMPANIONLIST list.

      If you find the Familiar Ability granted to the Wizard and Sorcerer, you'll see that it lists every creature allowed for a familiar.

      You may add to that list be several different methods, depending on what it is you want (Improved Familiar Feat, vs. just allowing them).

      If going the feat route, just use the same Tag for the FOLLOWERS / COMPANIONLIST - I'm going completely off the top of my head right now, otherwise I'd give you an example of what it should look like. But that should get you going in the right direction.

      OH, if you just want it added. I think this is the right code, but double check it.

      In an ability file that you are loading:
      CATEGORY=Special Category|Familiar.MOD <> COMPANIONLIST:Familiar|Creature 1,Creature 2

      - Andrew (At work)

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 2010
        Thanks Andrew,

        This was exactly what I needed to finish the design work. I've got everything setup and working perfectly now. As always your assistance is greatly appreciated.

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5, 2010
          Glad it's working for you.

          - Andrew (At work)