Creation of new Familiars

  • Toras
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2010
      Hi All,

      Hoping someone can see where I'm going wrong on this. I'm trying to add a couple of familiars to the standard Wizard/Sorcerer familiar list. I was able to create the animal race easily enough, but I can't seem to get them to add to the familiar list. Below is what I have so far.

      ###Familiars
      FOLLOWER:FMLevel=1 TYPE:Familiar PRERACE:1,Cat (Elven) KIT:1|Cat (Elven) Familiar COPYMASTERBAB:MASTER COPYMASTERCHECK:MASTER COPYMASTERHP:MASTER/2 USEMASTERSKILL:YES SAB:Empathic Link SAB:Share Spells COMPANIONLIST:Familiar|Cat (Elven)
      FOLLOWER:FMLevel=1 TYPE:Familiar PRERACE:1,Cat (Tressym) KIT:1|Cat (Tressym) Familiar COPYMASTERBAB:MASTER COPYMASTERCHECK:MASTER COPYMASTERHP:MASTER/2 USEMASTERSKILL:YES SAB:Empathic Link SAB:Share Spells COMPANIONLIST:Familiar|Cat (Tressym)

      ###Familiar Master Bonus

      MASTERBONUSRACE:Cat (Elven) TYPE:Familiar BONUS:SKILL|Move Silently|3 VFEAT:Alertness
      MASTERBONUSRACE:Cat (Tressymm) TYPE:Familiar BONUS:SKILL|Move Silently|3 VFEAT:Alertness
      Anyone see where I'm going wrong? If so can you point me in the right direction. Thanks.

      John W. Conner
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 2010
        Hi Toras,

        You need to add the races to the FOLLOWERS / COMPANIONLIST list.

        If you find the Familiar Ability granted to the Wizard and Sorcerer, you'll see that it lists every creature allowed for a familiar.

        You may add to that list be several different methods, depending on what it is you want (Improved Familiar Feat, vs. just allowing them).

        If going the feat route, just use the same Tag for the FOLLOWERS / COMPANIONLIST - I'm going completely off the top of my head right now, otherwise I'd give you an example of what it should look like. But that should get you going in the right direction.

        OH, if you just want it added. I think this is the right code, but double check it.

        In an ability file that you are loading:
        CATEGORY=Special Category|Familiar.MOD <> COMPANIONLIST:Familiar|Creature 1,Creature 2

        - Andrew (At work)

        ________________________________
[...]

        ------------------------------------

        Related Lists
        PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Toras
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5, 2010
          Thanks Andrew,

          This was exactly what I needed to finish the design work. I've got everything setup and working perfectly now. As always your assistance is greatly appreciated.

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 5, 2010
            Glad it's working for you.

            - Andrew (At work)