Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

BoD Log - 3/29/2010

Expand Messages
  • Andrew Maitland
    Board of Directors Meeting: *Edited to correct any simple spelling and grammatical errors and to remove non-essential messages. [18:00] Hi
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2010
    • 0 Attachment
      Board of Directors Meeting:
      *Edited to correct any simple spelling and grammatical errors and to
      remove non-essential messages.

      [18:00] <@[Chair]Andrew> Hi everyone, thanks for coming. I have 6pm PDT
      shall we begin?

      [18:01] <@[Chair]Andrew> I'll take the stunned silence as a yes. :P

      [18:01] <@[Chair]Andrew> We actually have a Quorum tonight. Paul has
      been given authority to stand in for Eric by Eric earlier.

      [18:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> Agenda tonight is simple -

      [18:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> 1.) Can we get a 5.17.2 Alpha release out?

      [18:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> 1.a) As a side note the download page on our
      web site does not appear to be pointing to the latest Alpha release

      [18:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> 2.) 6.0.0 Projects update, basically team leads
      to report on their projects as referenced here:

      [18:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> 3.) Some polls were meant to be raised from the
      last meeting?

      [18:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> 4.) Gencon, Go or No Go discussion

      [18:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> 1 - Already done thanks to James

      [18:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> 1a - has been discussed and is being worked on

      [18:03] <@[Chair]Andrew> 2 - Team Reports and Updates. Paul would you
      like to start us off?

      [18:04] <[OGL]Nylanfs> K

      [18:05] <[OGL]Nylanfs> Not much on the PL side, not many new datasets

      [18:07] <[OGL]Nylanfs> phone call brb

      [18:07] <@[Chair]Andrew> Have we finished Reviewing Gaslight on the OGL

      [18:07] <@[Chair]Andrew> While Paul is away, I'll hit the admin report

      [18:07] <[Chimp]Eddy> And the Pathfinder Campaign Setting, also in OGL

      [18:08] <@[Chair]Andrew> Webteam - Paul has been in contact with someone
      to assist in getting our website up to spec as we've requested.

      [18:08] <@[Chair]Andrew> JIRA - It has been brought forward that we move
      to JIRA fully since we've made it to the 5.17.2 Cycle. I'm in agreement
      that JIRA is working nicely now.

      [18:09] <@[Chair]Andrew> Trackers - Since we've moved to using JIRA and
      the trackers, I've been impressed with people keeping pace. It'll be
      nice to see these start closing at a more rapid pace.

      [18:10] <@[Chair]Andrew> Release - 5.17.2 has just been released thanks
      to James. We should be trying to release every two weeks, but there
      hasn't been much code work to justify any releases. As always James will
      determine if a release is due. (With Tom back hopefully we'll get back
      up to speed).

      [18:11] <@[Chair]Andrew> And I'd like to add as a Side note that I'm
      impressed with the Code Team's work on the UI stuff.

      [18:11] <@[Chair]Andrew> Any Questions for any of the Admin stuff?

      [18:11] <[Chimp]Eddy> Question: what is the transition plan with the
      JIRA trackers? I'm wondering how long we'll need to maintain two systems.

      [18:12] <@[Chair]Andrew> Between Kar, James and myself, it shouldn't
      take long to move everything over. We just announce all trackers to be
      made on JIRA, and any new stray trackers get moved to JIRA. As far as
      porting over, I don't know if there is an easy method or not. It may
      boil down to one-for-one by hand.

      [18:13] <@[Chair]Andrew> Once everything is moved over we can simply
      turn off the SF tracker.

      [18:13] <@[Chair]Andrew> or make it only editable by Admins so we have

      [18:14] <@[Chair]Andrew> However, that question brings up an important
      fact - JIRA is currently on the test server, we'd need to port it to the
      main PCGEN.ORG host.

      [18:14] <@[Chair]Andrew> Otherwise people might get confused.

      [18:15] <[OGL]Nylanfs> back

      [18:15] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Only in name

      [18:15] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Its hosting would remain on the VPS

      [18:15] <@[Chair]Andrew> I've open a poll regarding moving the pcgen.org
      to the Australian Server that Anestis is maintaining... I think we
      should do that move before we move JIRA over to the main server

      [18:16] <[Chimp]Eddy> Has the final decision been made to fully move over?

      [18:16] <@[Chair]Andrew> But I'm open to suggestions. :)

      [18:16] <[Chimp]Eddy> I mean from SF trackers to JIRA

      [18:16] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Well, we should have a vote on that one Eddy

      [18:17] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Once the discussion is done

      [18:17] <@[Chair]Andrew> It was suggested we should make the move.

      [18:18] <[Arch_SB]thpr> I agree with Andrew on moving pcgen.org first

      [18:18] <jamesd[Code_SB]> I agree we should go to pcgen.org first

      [18:18] <[Arch_SB]thpr> I wouldn't mind being able to test JIRA out a
      bit as well, so I'd like the full swap discussion/vote to wait a meeting

      [18:19] <jamesd[Code_SB]> I don't think we need to wait for the full
      site move to the VPS - I understand Anestis has things rigged up to
      allow pcgen.org subdomains to be on the VPS

      [18:19] <@[Chair]Andrew> Yes, he has things set up quite nicely.

      [18:21] <@[Chair]Andrew> Okay, so did we want to vote tonight for moving
      to JIRA or wait a meeting?

      [18:22] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Happy to wait for a meeting, but I think we
      need to move sooner rather than later to avoid continued duplication of

      [18:22] <[Arch_SB]thpr> If I'm the only holdout, then I defer to others,
      since I've been away

      [18:22] <[Arch_SB]thpr> so run a vote now, but I abstain

      [18:22] <@[Chair]Andrew> I've been using it and we've had a good success.

      [18:22] <[Chimp]Eddy> I would say start a discussion thread to allow any
      objections to be made.

      [18:22] <jamesd[Code_SB]> I guess the important question is- does anyone
      have reservations that we could look at addressing over the next fortnight?

      [18:22] <[Chimp]Eddy> Not that I have any :-)

      [18:23] <[Arch_SB]thpr> my reservation is moving 600+ items by hand

      [18:23] <[Arch_SB]thpr> would be nice to investigate any ability to bulk

      [18:23] <@[Chair]Andrew> I've been using it since the beginning, and
      everything I had reservations about have been addressed. As to moving,
      James do we have a way to BULK move items into JIRA?

      [18:23] <[Arch_SB]thpr> We can get the existing items in XML

      [18:23] <jamesd[Code_SB]> There are options for a build import, but
      there is also the question of how much we want to import

      [18:24] <@[Chair]Andrew> I think the whole thing would be best, so we
      don't lose any historical items

      [18:25] <jamesd[Code_SB]> It has been done - see

      [18:25] <jamesd[Code_SB]> I might inquire if they still have the script

      [18:26] <[Arch_SB]thpr> sounds good

      [18:26] <@[Chair]Andrew> Yeah, sounds real good.

      [18:26] <@[Chair]Andrew> Okay, well does anyone else have any
      reservations? Otherwise, I think it'd be fine to vote for the Move to JIRA

      [18:28] <@[Chair]Andrew> Tom - Does the script solution make you
      comfortable voting now?

      [18:30] <@[Chair]Andrew> Am I still here?

      [18:30] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Yep

      [18:30] <cpmeister> as far as I can tell

      [18:30] <@[Chair]Andrew> Okay, then is Tom still here?

      [18:32] <@[Chair]Andrew> Hm, we may have lost him... Let's hold off any
      votes till the end of the meeting and move on...

      [18:33] <@[Chair]Andrew> James are you in a position to do your report?

      [18:33] <[Arch_SB]thpr> you can vote

      [18:34] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Yeah I can do a report

      [18:35] <@[Chair]Andrew> Okay, then you're up.

      [18:35] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Hey look what I found -

      [18:35] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Full conversion process :)

      [18:36] <@[Chair]Andrew> Cool

      [18:41] <TirGwaith> sorry I'm late

      [18:41] <@[Chair]Andrew> No worries. Better late than never. :)

      [18:42] <@[Chair]Andrew> We're waiting on James to give us the Code
      report and related projects - I'll email you the rest offlist.

      [18:42] <TirGwaith> K

      [18:43] <jamesd[Code_SB]> sorry back

      [18:43] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Short report

      [18:43] <jamesd[Code_SB]> We had a few bug fixes (3 I think) and a
      single new feature in 5.17.2 - so not a lot of work done there

      [18:44] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Good progress is being mad eon the UI - Connor
      is setting up the functional aspects of John;s summary page design

      [18:44] <jamesd[Code_SB]> I think the design is looking quite good and
      the general outline and function is settling down now, so not too big a
      risk in doing that

      [18:45] <jamesd[Code_SB]> The other 6.0 projects have been stalled currently

      [18:45] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Any questions?

      [18:45] <@[Chair]Andrew> Any ETA for us getting to play with it?

      [18:46] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Connor - any thoughts on that one?

      [18:46] <cpmeister> technically it can be played with right now, but as
      for it to be functional, I can't really say

      [18:46] <jamesd[Code_SB]> BTW: I can look at doing an autobuild style
      downloadable from the CDOM UI sandbox build that is being done on Hudson

      [18:48] <cpmeister> would that allow regular users to easily set up the

      [18:49] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Should be a case of downloading it and running
      it like they do PCGen

      [18:49] <cpmeister> I guess that's a start

      [18:50] <@[Chair]Andrew> Awesome - Tom looks like you're up (Tir can you
      handle Content after Tom is finished?)

      [18:50] <TirGwaith> And will allow normal users to watch the progress? I
      think that's good.

      [18:50] <TirGwaith> yep

      [18:51] <[Arch_SB]thpr> ok

      [18:51] <[Arch_SB]thpr> So I'm just getting back into things in a more
      regular schedule

      [18:51] <[Arch_SB]thpr> been looking at the Ability loop to break that

      [18:51] <[Arch_SB]thpr> development is progressing, but my current model
      doesn't pass all the unit tests

      [18:51] <[Arch_SB]thpr> so obviously still have some work to do

      [18:52] <[Arch_SB]thpr> but it is capable of adding Abilities in a
      "forward" manner vs. a loop

      [18:52] <[Arch_SB]thpr> We have taken Andrew's test character and
      formally made that a unit test case, in order to help out the debugging
      and make that a more permanent member of our test suite

      [18:52] <[Arch_SB]thpr> the PC's name is Bob

      [18:53] <[Arch_SB]thpr> so Thanks to Andrew on getting that test data
      (and PC) set up

      [18:54] <[Arch_SB]thpr> that's probably it from me for this time

      [18:54] <[Arch_SB]thpr> any questions?

      [18:54] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Not a question, just a cheer that the ability
      loop stuff is being tackled

      [18:54] <@[Chair]Andrew> Yeah, Break it, break it good :)

      [18:55] <TirGwaith> Is this just clean up, or are we also looking at a
      performance boost there?

      [18:55] <cpmeister> nice to have you back Tom :)

      [18:56] <@[Chair]Andrew> Yeah, good to have you back.

      [18:56] <[Arch_SB]thpr> this is both cleanup and performance boost

      [18:56] <[Arch_SB]thpr> it also is the gate to a LOT of other changes

      [18:56] <TirGwaith> That's what I thought. :)

      [18:56] <[Arch_SB]thpr> like CHOOSE

      [18:57] <TirGwaith> I remember that

      [18:57] <[Arch_SB]thpr> oh, I should probably add that Andrew and I got
      in an "in person" discussion in California during one of my trips

      [18:57] <@[Chair]Andrew> Yeah, that was a good time. Hope we get to do
      that again.

      [18:58] <@[Chair]Andrew> Unless has anything else for Tom, I think Tir
      is up for Content.

      [18:59] <jamesd[Code_SB]> I'm good

      [19:01] <TirGwaith> Passover started tonight, so my RL duties have
      lessened, finally. :) I'm going to be back in the game again. :)

      [19:01] <TirGwaith> We have 2 NIG sources in the pipe, waiting on me.
      goal is end of the week.

      [19:02] <TirGwaith> I think I counted 3 Pathfinder sources, but I'm not
      sure where they are in development/review

      [19:02] <TirGwaith> One Battlefield Press source, in data clean up, and
      then back for PL review

      [19:03] <TirGwaith> There are a number of soruces in /notfordistrobution
      that have no idea where they stand, so I'm going to be spending time
      working on statuses. (sorry, I wish I had more to report there)

      [19:04] <TirGwaith> Our Data dev has been down a bit, and I know at
      least Andrew needs a bit of a break, with RL and Data, and Admin stuff
      on his plate

      [19:04] <@[Chair]Andrew> I'll be getting that worked on tonight (BPI Source)

      [19:05] <[Chimp]Eddy> The Pathfinder Campaign Setting is ready for OGL
      and Data review TIr

      [19:06] <TirGwaith> Along with I think some Chronicles

      [19:06] <[Chimp]Eddy> I think the other 2 Pathfinder source Stefan has
      added are complete but can't say for sure. We should check with Stefan,
      I can do data review on those if you like.

      [19:07] <TirGwaith> You know PF better than I. I'd rather you did those

      [19:07] <[Chimp]Eddy> No problem, I'll check with Stefan then

      [19:07] <TirGwaith> We've got like 7 PF sources in /notfordistro. I need
      to figure out how many of those are complete

      [19:08] <TirGwaith> I'm hoping we can get few new sources in the next
      Alpha release. :)

      [19:08] <TirGwaith> That's all I have for now, any Qs?

      [19:09] <[Chimp]Eddy> YOu can ignor the sets in the
      pathfinder_conversion_sets folder, those are in development ATM

      [19:09] <BPIJonathan> Hold on the OGL review of Gaslight, we made some
      edits and the page numbers changed.

      [19:10] <[Chimp]Eddy> The 2 beta datasets are incomplete and unlikely to
      every be completed

      [19:11] <TirGwaith> Jonathan, no offense, but I'd like to get stuff off
      a moving target there. I like to go off what is published, and we can do
      an update when the final rev hits the printer. That way we only have to
      verify everything at the end once. :)

      [19:12] <TirGwaith> off of a even.

      [19:12] <BPIJonathan> The page change happened today, so there was no
      way of knowing. The edit alterned the page count, had some issues with
      the layout and such. Im actually uploading the file right now to RPGnow.com

      [19:14] <TirGwaith> Eddy / Andrew: will that set us back a bunch on
      finishing the data review?

      [19:14] <BPIJonathan> I'm good with what you want or need to do, and
      fully support it. Just letting you know that the page numbers will be
      invalid when the PCGen file is released.

      [19:15] <@[Chair]Andrew> I have three items for this source I need to
      finish it - one of those is:

      [19:15] <@[Chair]Andrew> . the racial abilities and many of the class
      abilities need page numbers and DESC tags.

      [19:15] <TirGwaith> I'd like to have something out the door. I think
      page numbers can hit another alpha version at a later date

      [19:16] <BPIJonathan> I was just giving you the heads up, so what you
      need to do you have my full support.

      [19:16] <@[Chair]Andrew> Since my time is limited, I'll get what I can,
      and page numbers can be redone when a new Book is presented to one of us.

      [19:16] <TirGwaith> We can make a JIRA tracker for a final page number
      count, I think.

      [19:16] <@[Chair]Andrew> Yeah, I'll leave page numbers as TO DO

      [19:17] <TirGwaith> Ok, let's get everything but final page numbers
      done, and get that out, and then get a tracker for polishing up the page

      [19:17] <TirGwaith> Sound good?

      [19:17] <@[Chair]Andrew> okay, Tir did you have anything else to add //
      Any questions?

      [19:17] <BPIJonathan> I will fix up an errata sheet and send it your way
      for an update as well for a future release of the dataset.

      [19:17] <TirGwaith> Thanks, Jonathan

      [19:17] <TirGwaith> I think that's it from me.

      [19:18] <@[Chair]Andrew> Awesome thanks Tir

      [19:18] <@[Chair]Andrew> Okay, next item

      [19:18] <@[Chair]Andrew> 3.) Some polls were meant to be raised from the
      last meeting?

      [19:19] <@[Chair]Andrew> I raised those Polls, so that' s a non issue ATM.

      [19:19] <@[Chair]Andrew> 4.) Gencon, Go or No Go discussion

      [19:19] <@[Chair]Andrew> I'm not going, so I have nothing to Add. At
      this point I believe Paul is the only one from PCGen going.

      [19:20] <@[Chair]Andrew> Thoughts from everyone else?

      [19:20] <TirGwaith> I can't go. Money's too tight here. I had to spend
      it on the honeymoon (in May)

      [19:20] <@[Chair]Andrew> Jon are you attending this year?

      [19:22] <BPIJonathan> GenCon?

      [19:22] <@[Chair]Andrew> Yes

      [19:22] <@[Chair]Andrew> If you are, maybe we can share a booth... and
      that way Paul can attend and mingle without being tied to a booth the
      entire time.

      [19:23] <BPIJonathan> No. I am not. I have some personal stuff that has
      to be settled around the same weekend. I hope to have someone there from
      BPI though because I want someone to be able to accept my ENnie award :-)

      [19:23] <@[Chair]Andrew> Congrats on the award.

      [19:23] <BPIJonathan> I don't know that I have it yet, just doing some
      positive thinking

      [19:24] <@[Chair]Andrew> Okay, Final Item - Vote for Moving to JIRA We
      had the discussion earlier, hopefully James has allayed the concerns
      form migration with the scripts he found.

      [19:24] <@[Chair]Andrew> Does anyone object to voting at this time?

      [19:25] <TirGwaith> none here

      [19:25] <cpmeister> nope

      [19:26] <[Arch_SB]thpr> no

      [19:26] <jamesd[Code_SB]> go for it

      [19:26] <@[Chair]Andrew> No objections raised - Okay, in the Matter of
      moving to using JIRA full time as our primary tracker system how does
      the Board Vote?

      [19:26] <@[Chair]Andrew> Admin - Yes

      [19:27] <@[Chair]Andrew> Content?

      [19:27] <TirGwaith> Content - Yes

      [19:27] <@[Chair]Andrew> Code?

      [19:27] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Code yes

      [19:27] <@[Chair]Andrew> PR?

      [19:28] <@[Chair]Andrew> Oh, we lost Paul.

      [19:28] <@[Chair]Andrew> PR will Abstain then.

      [19:28] <@[Chair]Andrew> Arch?

      [19:28] <[Arch_SB]thpr> Arch - abstain

      [19:28] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Do we have quorum without him?

      [19:29] <@[Chair]Andrew> We have four of the Five present SB's

      [19:30] <@[Chair]Andrew> Admin - YES

      [19:30] <@[Chair]Andrew> Content - YES

      [19:30] <@[Chair]Andrew> Arch - Abstain

      [19:30] <@[Chair]Andrew> PR - Abstain (Not Present)

      [19:30] <@[Chair]Andrew> Code - YES

      [19:30] <@[Chair]Andrew> I trust I'm not missing anyone

      [19:32] <TirGwaith> next up?

      [19:32] <@[Chair]Andrew> open forum - does anyone have any business?

      [19:35] <TirGwaith> none here

      [19:35] <[Arch_SB]thpr> not me

      [19:36] <@[Chair]Andrew> Then I say we shall call it a night. JIRA
      passed with simple majority. Thanks for coming everyone . *Bangs Gavel*

      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.