Re: Shield Bash

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 21 5:48 PM
      Yea, I guess I didn't actually state that it was a different item, my bad :)

      > Ah... Thank you!!!
      >
      > David
      > Papa.DRB
      >
      > Grognard (definition 1)
      > My better half and me
      >
      > On 3/21/2010 12:08 PM, Chuck wrote:
      > > Go into weapons, and add the "weapon" - shield bash. It's zero cost and weight. It will show up on your weapons list.
      > >
      > > Chuck
      > >
      > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David R. Bender"<Papa.DRB@> wrote:
      > >
      > >> Pardon me for being dense, but I just don't see it.
      > >>
      > >> I have created a level 7 fighter and given him a +1 light shield. The
      > >> only way to equip it is to double click on the shield and it auto equips
      > >> it into the shield slot. None of the preview sheets show it as a weapon.
      > >>
      > >> This is Pathfinder Core RPG if that makes a difference.
      > >>
      > >> David
      > >> Papa.DRB
      > >>
      > >> Grognard (definition 1)
      > >> <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Edavidstuff/Grognard.html>
      > >> My better half and me
      > >> <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Edavidstuff/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>
      > >> Madness takes its toll - please have exact change.

      > > ------------------------------------
      > >
      > > Related Lists

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • swiftbrook8
      Message 2 of 17 , May 1, 2013
        PCGen 6.00.1
        Pathfinder
        Core, APG, UC, etc. loaded

        How do you properly equip a PC with a Shield Bash attack?

        I have a fighter with a Mithral Heavy Bashing Spiked Shield. It shows up but the bashing attack doesn't

        I look further. I find a Shield Bashing (Heavy) attack. I try to add it, but I can't add 'Bashing' only weapon enhancements.

        What am I doing wrong?
      • Omowale Anthony
        Message 3 of 17 , May 1, 2013
          So you've "bought" shieldbash (heavy)...then on the equipment tab add it to
          a carried slot (how i have mine)...?

          On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 9:12 PM, swiftbrook8 <swiftbrook@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > PCGen 6.00.1
          > Pathfinder
          > Core, APG, UC, etc. loaded
          >
          > How do you properly equip a PC with a Shield Bash attack?
          >
          > I have a fighter with a Mithral Heavy Bashing Spiked Shield. It shows up
          > but the bashing attack doesn't
          >
          > I look further. I find a Shield Bashing (Heavy) attack. I try to add it,
          > but I can't add 'Bashing' only weapon enhancements.
          >
          > What am I doing wrong?

        • swiftbrook8
          Message 4 of 17 , May 2, 2013
            I made two attempts with an existing L7 Dwarf fighter with the same results as my retest below.

            Retesting: New fighter (dwarf). Bought +1 Heavy Mithral Bashing Spiked Shield and equipped to container 'Shield'. Showing up as a shield but no Shield Bash. No bashing attack is listed. Then I buy (0 gp) and equip (primary hand) the Shieldbash (heavy). Shieldbash shows up but without any of the properties (increased damage) from the shield.

            Either a bug or I'm doing something wrong.

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Omowale Anthony <aegisblack@...> wrote:

            > So you've "bought" shieldbash (heavy)...then on the equipment tab add it to
            > a carried slot (how i have mine)...?
            >

            > On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 9:12 PM, swiftbrook8 <swiftbrook@...> wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > PCGen 6.00.1
            > > Pathfinder
            > > Core, APG, UC, etc. loaded
            > >
            > > How do you properly equip a PC with a Shield Bash attack?
            > >
            > > I have a fighter with a Mithral Heavy Bashing Spiked Shield. It shows up
            > > but the bashing attack doesn't
            > >
            > > I look further. I find a Shield Bashing (Heavy) attack. I try to add it,
            > > but I can't add 'Bashing' only weapon enhancements.
            > >
            > > What am I doing wrong?

          • Jon Catron
            Message 5 of 17 , May 2, 2013
              Have you tried adding a custom shield bash, and applying Masterwork and shield spikes?
              Also, if the +1 on your shield is for the spike, not the AC, add an enhancement bonus instead of Masterwork.  As you've already paid for this on the shield itself, make sure to set the 'cost' of this custom shield-bash to 0.

              ________________________________
              I made two attempts with an existing L7 Dwarf fighter with the same results as my retest below.

              Retesting: New fighter (dwarf). Bought +1 Heavy Mithral Bashing Spiked Shield and equipped to container 'Shield'. Showing up as a shield but no Shield Bash. No bashing attack is listed. Then I buy (0 gp) and equip (primary hand) the Shieldbash (heavy). Shieldbash shows up but without any of the properties (increased damage) from the shield.

              Either a bug or I'm doing something wrong.

              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Omowale Anthony <aegisblack@...> wrote:

              > So you've "bought" shieldbash (heavy)...then on the equipment tab add it to
              > a carried slot (how i have mine)...?
              >

              > On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 9:12 PM, swiftbrook8 <swiftbrook@...> wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > PCGen 6.00.1
              > > Pathfinder
              > > Core, APG, UC, etc. loaded
              > >
              > > How do you properly equip a PC with a Shield Bash attack?
              > >
              > > I have a fighter with a Mithral Heavy Bashing Spiked Shield. It shows up
              > > but the bashing attack doesn't
              > >
              > > I look further. I find a Shield Bashing (Heavy) attack. I try to add it,
              > > but I can't add 'Bashing' only weapon enhancements.
              > >
              > > What am I doing wrong?

            • Omowale Anthony
              Message 6 of 17 , May 2, 2013
                add the shieldbash as Carried...why would you add it as primary...is that
                their primary weapon...not a warhammer or waraxe? Just wondering.

                On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 4:58 PM, Jon Catron <jon.catron@...> wrote:

                > **
                >

                > Have you tried adding a custom shield bash, and applying Masterwork and
                > shield spikes?
                > Also, if the +1 on your shield is for the spike, not the AC, add an
                > enhancement bonus instead of Masterwork. As you've already paid for this
                > on the shield itself, make sure to set the 'cost' of this custom
                > shield-bash to 0.

              • Omowale Anthony
                Message 7 of 17 , May 2, 2013
                  oh and doublecheck your sources...I thought I had certain ones installed
                  but did not...you never know...especially if you have a saved source
                  setup...i also tried making shieldbash as the primary...still
                  worked...hmmm...