Re: Skill points be lacking for humans in pathfinder

  • Chuck
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 13, 2010
      I'm seeing this working just fine with 5.16.2 with the out of cycle Pathfinder patches installed.

      Chuck

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "kazpr7teen" <kazpr7teen@...> wrote:

      > I didn't realize until around 5th level that my human fighter was 5 skill points short of where he should of been...to my surprise pcgen pathfinder dataset doesn't seem to add in a humans racial extra skill point per level...or am i missing something?

    • kazpr7teen
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 14, 2010
        my INT mod is +1...and i'm working with 3 skill points on first level....what does "out of cycle" mean?

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck" <pcgen2006@...> wrote:

        > I'm seeing this working just fine with 5.16.2 with the out of cycle Pathfinder patches installed.
        >
        > Chuck
        >
        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "kazpr7teen" <kazpr7teen@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I didn't realize until around 5th level that my human fighter was 5 skill points short of where he should of been...to my surprise pcgen pathfinder dataset doesn't seem to add in a humans racial extra skill point per level...or am i missing something?

      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 15, 2010
          "Out of cycle" refers to materials released outside of the normal
          release cycle, in other words separate downloads not included in the
          standard PCGen releases.

          If you go to the downloads page you will see a subsection named "PCGen
          Stable Datasets", this is where you can download all the out of cycle
          (OOC) datasets. You will only be missing data for the production release
          you have, any OOC releases made for previous production releases are
          already included. So if you have 5.16.1 you don't need to install any of
          the OOC sets made for 5.14.1 because you already have one.

          Here's a quick link to the Pathfinder installer for 5.16.2:

          http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/files/PCGen%20Stable%20Datasets/5.16.2%20OOC%20Data%20Sets/5162_pathfinder_role_playing_game_and_bestiary_release6.zip/download

          And here's the doc page for how to use the installer:

          http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/menupages/tools/toolsinstalldataset.html

          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen Data, Docs& Tracker Chimp