Re: [pcgen] [Discussion] Data Set Inclusion Policy, Homebrew Material

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 11, 2010
      Hi Folks!

      Eric Jarman wrote:
      > I agree that it is a perfectly rational position.
      >
      > However, I must ask: on what grounds does the project qualify
      > someone or
      > some group as a publisher? With the multitude of self-publishing sites
      > available (RPGNow, Lulu, etc.), anybody can technically qualify as a
      > publisher, if they are willing to take a few extra steps to make a pdf
      > available for sale.

      A definition of what criteria is to be used to determine if an
      individual/entity is a publisher or not has not been included because
      I was having a problem coming up with a definition that I liked. From
      my perspective, it was more important to get the general policy in
      place and then we could refine it later by coming up with a reasonable
      definition of what a publisher is. .