New UI for PCGen

  • karianna03
    Message 1 of 44 , Mar 9, 2010
      Hi all,

      So there has been a fair amount of discussions and some preliminary work on the UI overhaul of PCGen.

      I've taken some time to re-organise the UI Overhaul discussion pages in the Wiki and would love for you to go and revisit them and comment on the new material!

      In particular we have:

      1.) The start page for the overall UI effort: http://wiki.pcgen.org/index.php?title=UI_Overhaul

      2.) A page covering the changes in Sort Dropdown wording we'd like to make: http://wiki.pcgen.org/index.php?title=Sort_Dropdowns

      3.) And last but definitely not least an exciting new Summary screen shot to discuss: http://wiki.pcgen.org/index.php?title=Summary

      Please do discuss these pages either here on the mailing list or on the _discussion_ section for each of those relevant pages (links are provided for you on each page).

      Enjoy!!

    • karianna03
      Message 44 of 44 , Apr 14 2:51 AM
        Hi all,

        FYI, I've amalgamated all of the comments on the mailing list onto the talk page for the new Summary tab.

        It's really pleasing to hear that a majority of you are happy with the minimalist 0.2 design and that we're now at the stage of producing small tweaks to that.

        Connor et al will be continuing to code up the latest version and John will work on producing another screenshot with some solutions to the common issues that have been reported.

        Other questions/comments were more for the developers and they've taken them on board although there will be a further rounds of discussion once a working prototype is let loose upon the world.

        Thanks again for the awesome input on the new UI, I think it's going to be a major positive step for PCGen.