Re: [pcgen] An interesting question about Hit Points

  • Andrew Wilson
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 28, 2010
      > Anestis Kozakis wrote:
      >> The Pathfinder rules don't specifically state this (I've just had a
      >> look), but as Pathfinder is based on the 3.5 SRD, whenever a
      >> character gained a constitution bonus in 3.5 (and 3.0), the hit
      >> points were adjusted retroactively.
      >>
      >> If someone can clarify this for Pathfinder it would be good.

      See page 16, the last paragraph of the Constitution entry.

      On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 08:43:23PM -0500, Keith McComb wrote:
      > I appreciate this fast response. Can I assume that this retroactive
      > stuff counts for other stat increases as well, such as spells if you
      > raise your INT?
      >
      > It would make sense, and be more fair if ALL stats gave a similar
      > bonus.

      The Headband of Vast Intelligence, page 517. You treat the bonus as
      temporary for the first 24 hours that the item is worn. It doesn't
      explicitly spell it out, but It's reasonable that after that the bonus
      is treated as if permenant.

      See Ability Score Bonus on pages 554 & 555, the secion at the end on
      permenant bonuses explicitly talks about skill points. Note the way
      this is treated is one of the differences with v3.5

      andrew
      --
      Sagittarius: (Nov. 22 - Dec. 21)
      Turns out the thing about getting 72 virgins in heaven is true, but
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1, 2010
        By the time the character created it, the party had amassed more than a
        little cash. We'd started the campaign as first level characters quite
        some time ago. It was expensive as hell in time and money to create just
        the spells, and then the belt? (It was one of the reasons that my
        character kept his money, and why the GM let him - he had a place to
        store it, and had a plan for it, which meant that the character would
        eventually be no longer able to access close to 3 million (maybe more -
        have to look at my old calculations) GP.)

        Keith McComb