Re: [pcgen] [Pathfinder] [Bug] Druid Domains and Animal Companions

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 27, 2010
      Hi Folks!

      I'm going to run a test or two on a fix for this one. I'll post it if
      it works . . .

      Maredudd

      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 27, 2010
        Thanks Eric,

        Don't forget to open/close a tracker for it as well if you commit the
        fix... Thanks

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
      • Eric C Smith
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 27, 2010
          Hi Folks!

          Will do Andrew, though I'm not sure how to work Joomla yet. I'll take
          a shot.

          The fix involves adding the following to the
          pathfinder_rpg_core_rulebook_abilities_class.lst file.

          Add to the Cleric Animal Domain the following tags (inline, TAB
          separated):

          DEFINE:CompLevel|CL-3
          FOLLOWERS:Animal Companion|1
          COMPANIONLIST:Animal Companion|RACETYPE=Companion

          Add to the Druid Animal Domain the following tag (inline):

          ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Animal Companion ~ Animal Domain|
          PRECLASS:1,Druid=4

          I have tested this fix and it works for both the Cleric with the
          Animal domain and the Druid with the Animal Druid domain.

          Maredudd

          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 27, 2010
            Trackered:

            https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2960500&group_id=25576&atid=750091

            I'm trying to get to the JIRA site. I'll add a tracker there as soon
            as I figure how to find it and remember mty login info . . .:-)

            Maredudd

            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 28, 2010
              Hi Eric,

              jira.pcgen.org

              or is it jira.pcgen-test.org

              Try one of those. Going to work bright and early... (Well, not really, sun won't be up for another three hours...)

              - Andrew

              ________________________________
              I'm trying to get to the JIRA site. I'll add a tracker there as soon
              as I figure how to find it and remember mty login info . . .:-)

              Maredudd

              On Feb 27, 2010, at 10:52 PM, Eric C Smith wrote:

              > Hi Folks!
              >
              > Will do Andrew, though I'm not sure how to work Joomla yet. I'll take
              > a shot.
              >
              > The fix involves adding the following to the
              > pathfinder_rpg_core_rulebook_abilities_class.lst file.
              >
              > Add to the Cleric Animal Domain the following tags (inline, TAB
              > separated):
              >
              > DEFINE:CompLevel|CL-3
              > FOLLOWERS:Animal Companion|1
              > COMPANIONLIST:Animal Companion|RACETYPE=Companion
              >
              > Add to the Druid Animal Domain the following tag (inline):
              >
              > ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Animal Companion ~ Animal Domain|
              > PRECLASS:1,Druid=4
              >
              > I have tested this fix and it works for both the Cleric with the
              > Animal domain and the Druid with the Animal Druid domain.
              >
              > Maredudd
              >
              > On Feb 27, 2010, at 10:24 PM, Andrew Maitland wrote:
              >
              > > Thanks Eric,
              > >
              > > Don't forget to open/close a tracker for it as well if you commit
              > the
              > > fix... Thanks
              > >
              > > On 2/27/2010 6:57 PM, Eric C Smith wrote:
              > >> Hi Folks!
              > >>
              > >> I'm going to run a test or two on a fix for this one. I'll post
              > it if
              > >> it works . . .
              > >>
              > >> Maredudd

              > also

              > >> Related Lists
              > >> PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/
              > >> PCGen's Roadmap: http://wiki.pcgen.org/index.php?title=Roadmap
              > >> PCGen's Online Docs: http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/index.html
              > >> PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs: http://pcgen.akozakis.id.au/autobuilds/download.html

              > >> Yahoo! Groups Links
              > >>

              > > --
              > >
              > > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
              > > Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
              > > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

              > > Related Lists

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

              ------------------------------------

              Related Lists
              PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

              Yahoo! Groups Links

            • shadowrose_00
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 28, 2010
                Thanks! I added the updated file out of SVN and it works swimmingly.

                > Hi Folks!
                >
                > Will do Andrew, though I'm not sure how to work Joomla yet. I'll take
                > a shot.
                >
                > The fix involves adding the following to the
                > pathfinder_rpg_core_rulebook_abilities_class.lst file.
                >
                > Add to the Cleric Animal Domain the following tags (inline, TAB
                > separated):
                >
                > DEFINE:CompLevel|CL-3
                > FOLLOWERS:Animal Companion|1
                > COMPANIONLIST:Animal Companion|RACETYPE=Companion
                >
                > Add to the Druid Animal Domain the following tag (inline):
                >
                > ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Animal Companion ~ Animal Domain|
                > PRECLASS:1,Druid=4
                >
                > I have tested this fix and it works for both the Cleric with the
                > Animal domain and the Druid with the Animal Druid domain.
                >
                > Maredudd

              • Tir Gwaith
                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 28, 2010
                  On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 9:52 PM, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:
                  > Hi Folks!
                  >
                  > Will do Andrew, though I'm not sure how to work Joomla yet. I'll take
                  > a shot.
                  >
                  > The fix involves adding the following to the
                  > pathfinder_rpg_core_rulebook_abilities_class.lst file.
                  >
                  > Add to the Cleric Animal Domain the following tags (inline, TAB
                  > separated):
                  >
                  > DEFINE:CompLevel|CL-3

                  In an Domain object? CL by itself works in a Domain object? That's
                  something wonky.

                  PCGen LST Chimp
                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 28, 2010
                    Yeah, that shouldn't be working at all... Domains have a variable all set up, you should just tie into that

                    VariableName-3 instead of the CL-3

                    - Andrew

                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 16 , Feb 28, 2010
                      Hi Folks!

                      Tir Gwaith wrote:
                      > On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 9:52 PM, Eric C Smith
                      > <maredudd@...> wrote:
                      > > Hi Folks!
                      > >
                      > > Will do Andrew, though I'm not sure how to work Joomla yet. I'll
                      > take
                      > > a shot.
                      > >
                      > > The fix involves adding the following to the
                      > > pathfinder_rpg_core_rulebook_abilities_class.lst file.
                      > >
                      > > Add to the Cleric Animal Domain the following tags (inline, TAB
                      > > separated):
                      > >
                      > > DEFINE:CompLevel|CL-3
                      >
                      > In an Domain object? CL by itself works in a Domain object? That's
                      > something wonky.

                      Its in the Ability Object granted by the domain.

                      Maredudd
                    • Eric C Smith
                      Message 10 of 16 , Feb 28, 2010
                        Hi Folks!

                        Andrew Maitland wrote:
                        > Yeah, that shouldn't be working at all... Domains have a variable
                        > all set up, you should just tie into that
                        >
                        > VariableName-3 instead of the CL-3

                        Hmmm, I've looked at the Domain Objecvt abnd I see what you mean. I'll

                        Maredudd