Re: [pcgen] [Pathfinder] [Bug] Druid Domains and Animal Companions

    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 27, 2010
      On 2/27/2010 2:34 PM, David R. Bender wrote:
      > If you mean to you get two animal companions, the answer is No.
      >
      > Nature's Bond gives you either an Animal Companion, *or* a Cleric Domain
      > (Air, Animal, Plant, or a couple of others). The Animal Domain also
      > grants an Animal Companion at 4th level so the Druid has some spells and
      > a companion that is weaker than normal.

      The problem is the Domain isn't actually granting an Animal Companion
      period. It has the Ability Set up, but the ability doesn't do anything
      in regards to actually granting an Animal Companion at the moment.
      > David
      > Papa.DRB
      >
      > Grognard (definition 1)
      > My better half and me
      >
      > On 2/27/2010 4:09 PM, Andrew Maitland wrote:
      >
      >> Hi,
      >>
      >> On 2/27/2010 4:20 AM, shadowrose_00 wrote:
      >>

      >>> So, I have a 4th level Druid that took the Druid Domain for Nature's Bond. The fun part is, she took the Animal Domain which grants an Animal Companion at 4th level. As far as I can tell, it's.. not doing this. Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?
      >>>

      >> You mean you can get both by taking a certain domain? Sheesh, looks
      >> like we'll have to investigate this.
      >>
      >> [Looks]
      >>
      >> Yeah, the ability is granted, but it's not coded properly to actually
      >> grant an Animal Companion
      >>
      >> Data Monkey -
      >> pathfinder_rpg_core_rulebook_abilities_class.lst
      >>
      >> Line 114 in my copy has the ability, but grants no Animal Companion List.

      > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 27, 2010
        Hi Folks!

        I'm going to run a test or two on a fix for this one. I'll post it if
        it works . . .

        Maredudd

        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 27, 2010

          On 2/27/2010 3:25 PM, Shadowrose wrote:
          > Is there any easy way to fix that?

          Yes and no. Can it be fixed easily, sure. But the code has to be tweaked
          to work with the actual domain and not to work as the Druid Ability.
          Hence it's not exactly an easy fix, but fixed it can be. Just need
          someone to actually fix it.

          I need to go to bed for work. I'll flag this on the Pathfinder group so
          one of the monkeys there can fix this issue.

          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 27, 2010
            Thanks Eric,

            Don't forget to open/close a tracker for it as well if you commit the
            fix... Thanks

            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 27, 2010
              Hi Folks!

              Will do Andrew, though I'm not sure how to work Joomla yet. I'll take
              a shot.

              The fix involves adding the following to the
              pathfinder_rpg_core_rulebook_abilities_class.lst file.

              Add to the Cleric Animal Domain the following tags (inline, TAB
              separated):

              DEFINE:CompLevel|CL-3
              FOLLOWERS:Animal Companion|1
              COMPANIONLIST:Animal Companion|RACETYPE=Companion

              Add to the Druid Animal Domain the following tag (inline):

              ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Animal Companion ~ Animal Domain|
              PRECLASS:1,Druid=4

              I have tested this fix and it works for both the Cleric with the
              Animal domain and the Druid with the Animal Druid domain.

              Maredudd

              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 27, 2010
                Trackered:

                https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2960500&group_id=25576&atid=750091

                I'm trying to get to the JIRA site. I'll add a tracker there as soon
                as I figure how to find it and remember mty login info . . .:-)

                Maredudd

                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 28, 2010
                  Hi Eric,

                  jira.pcgen.org

                  or is it jira.pcgen-test.org

                  Try one of those. Going to work bright and early... (Well, not really, sun won't be up for another three hours...)

                  - Andrew

                  ________________________________
                  I'm trying to get to the JIRA site. I'll add a tracker there as soon
                  as I figure how to find it and remember mty login info . . .:-)

                  Maredudd

                  On Feb 27, 2010, at 10:52 PM, Eric C Smith wrote:

                  > Hi Folks!
                  >
                  > Will do Andrew, though I'm not sure how to work Joomla yet. I'll take
                  > a shot.
                  >
                  > The fix involves adding the following to the
                  > pathfinder_rpg_core_rulebook_abilities_class.lst file.
                  >
                  > Add to the Cleric Animal Domain the following tags (inline, TAB
                  > separated):
                  >
                  > DEFINE:CompLevel|CL-3
                  > FOLLOWERS:Animal Companion|1
                  > COMPANIONLIST:Animal Companion|RACETYPE=Companion
                  >
                  > Add to the Druid Animal Domain the following tag (inline):
                  >
                  > ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Animal Companion ~ Animal Domain|
                  > PRECLASS:1,Druid=4
                  >
                  > I have tested this fix and it works for both the Cleric with the
                  > Animal domain and the Druid with the Animal Druid domain.
                  >
                  > Maredudd
                  >
                  > On Feb 27, 2010, at 10:24 PM, Andrew Maitland wrote:
                  >
                  > > Thanks Eric,
                  > >
                  > > Don't forget to open/close a tracker for it as well if you commit
                  > the
                  > > fix... Thanks
                  > >
                  > > On 2/27/2010 6:57 PM, Eric C Smith wrote:
                  > >> Hi Folks!
                  > >>
                  > >> I'm going to run a test or two on a fix for this one. I'll post
                  > it if
                  > >> it works . . .
                  > >>
                  > >> Maredudd

                  > also

                  > >> Related Lists
                  > >> PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/
                  > >> PCGen's Roadmap: http://wiki.pcgen.org/index.php?title=Roadmap
                  > >> PCGen's Online Docs: http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/index.html
                  > >> PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs: http://pcgen.akozakis.id.au/autobuilds/download.html

                  > >> Yahoo! Groups Links
                  > >>

                  > > --
                  > >
                  > > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                  > > Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
                  > > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                  > > Related Lists

                  > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  ------------------------------------

                  Related Lists
                  PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                • shadowrose_00
                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 28, 2010
                    Thanks! I added the updated file out of SVN and it works swimmingly.

                    > Hi Folks!
                    >
                    > Will do Andrew, though I'm not sure how to work Joomla yet. I'll take
                    > a shot.
                    >
                    > The fix involves adding the following to the
                    > pathfinder_rpg_core_rulebook_abilities_class.lst file.
                    >
                    > Add to the Cleric Animal Domain the following tags (inline, TAB
                    > separated):
                    >
                    > DEFINE:CompLevel|CL-3
                    > FOLLOWERS:Animal Companion|1
                    > COMPANIONLIST:Animal Companion|RACETYPE=Companion
                    >
                    > Add to the Druid Animal Domain the following tag (inline):
                    >
                    > ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Animal Companion ~ Animal Domain|
                    > PRECLASS:1,Druid=4
                    >
                    > I have tested this fix and it works for both the Cleric with the
                    > Animal domain and the Druid with the Animal Druid domain.
                    >
                    > Maredudd

                  • Tir Gwaith
                    Message 9 of 16 , Feb 28, 2010
                      On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 9:52 PM, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:
                      > Hi Folks!
                      >
                      > Will do Andrew, though I'm not sure how to work Joomla yet. I'll take
                      > a shot.
                      >
                      > The fix involves adding the following to the
                      > pathfinder_rpg_core_rulebook_abilities_class.lst file.
                      >
                      > Add to the Cleric Animal Domain the following tags (inline, TAB
                      > separated):
                      >
                      > DEFINE:CompLevel|CL-3

                      In an Domain object? CL by itself works in a Domain object? That's
                      something wonky.

                      PCGen LST Chimp
                      Message 10 of 16 , Feb 28, 2010
                        Yeah, that shouldn't be working at all... Domains have a variable all set up, you should just tie into that

                        VariableName-3 instead of the CL-3

                        - Andrew

                        ________________________________

                        Message 11 of 16 , Feb 28, 2010
                          Hi Folks!

                          Tir Gwaith wrote:
                          > On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 9:52 PM, Eric C Smith
                          > <maredudd@...> wrote:
                          > > Hi Folks!
                          > >
                          > > Will do Andrew, though I'm not sure how to work Joomla yet. I'll
                          > take
                          > > a shot.
                          > >
                          > > The fix involves adding the following to the
                          > > pathfinder_rpg_core_rulebook_abilities_class.lst file.
                          > >
                          > > Add to the Cleric Animal Domain the following tags (inline, TAB
                          > > separated):
                          > >
                          > > DEFINE:CompLevel|CL-3
                          >
                          > In an Domain object? CL by itself works in a Domain object? That's
                          > something wonky.

                          Its in the Ability Object granted by the domain.

                          Maredudd
                        • Eric C Smith
                          Message 12 of 16 , Feb 28, 2010
                            Hi Folks!

                            Andrew Maitland wrote:
                            > Yeah, that shouldn't be working at all... Domains have a variable
                            > all set up, you should just tie into that
                            >
                            > VariableName-3 instead of the CL-3

                            Hmmm, I've looked at the Domain Objecvt abnd I see what you mean. I'll

                            Maredudd