Re: [pcgen] Manual/How-To for writing csheets

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 11, 2010
      I don't know the latest file structure for MapTools. I know they link
      a graphic file to everything else (HP, size, etc.) If we had a spec,
      we can make up up.

      There are 2 text character files for InitTool, csheet_InitTool.rpgrp
      (single character), and psheet_InitTool.rpgrp (multiple characters).

      On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 12:21 PM, Terry Milnes <neofax99@...> wrote:
      > I use MapTools to play my games over the internet and I would like to create
      > a csheet that outputs the information so I can upload it.  So, my question
      > is there any manual/How-To accomplish this?  Thanks!

      PCGen LST Chimp
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 11, 2010
        Tir Gwaith wrote:
        > I don't know the latest file structure for MapTools. I know they link
        > a graphic file to everything else (HP, size, etc.) If we had a spec,
        > we can make up up.
        >
        > There are 2 text character files for InitTool, csheet_InitTool.rpgrp
        > (single character), and psheet_InitTool.rpgrp (multiple characters).

        Also note that these sheets were written for InitTool version 1.0.b23
        and do not seem to work in the current version.

        InitTool made the leap to the next version of java long before it was
        available on the Mac and so I did not keep up with their releases. I
        used it all the time when I was running a campaign, it pretty much
        functioned as a statblock reader for me. I do plan on getting back to
        that and bringing it up to date, so many to do items, so little time :-(

        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 11, 2010
          I will work on it in my spare time as I use RPTools programs all the time.
          I also, use the most current version, which is why I was asking.

          On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 3:51 PM, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...> wrote:

          > Tir Gwaith wrote:
          > > I don't know the latest file structure for MapTools. I know they link
          > > a graphic file to everything else (HP, size, etc.) If we had a spec,
          > > we can make up up.
          > >
          > > There are 2 text character files for InitTool, csheet_InitTool.rpgrp
          > > (single character), and psheet_InitTool.rpgrp (multiple characters).
          > >

          > Also note that these sheets were written for InitTool version 1.0.b23
          > and do not seem to work in the current version.
          >
          > InitTool made the leap to the next version of java long before it was
          > available on the Mac and so I did not keep up with their releases. I
          > used it all the time when I was running a campaign, it pretty much
          > functioned as a statblock reader for me. I do plan on getting back to
          > that and bringing it up to date, so many to do items, so little time :-(
          >

          > > On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 12:21 PM, Terry Milnes <neofax99@...<neofax99%40gmail.com>>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > >> I use MapTools to play my games over the internet and I would like to
          > create
          > >> a csheet that outputs the information so I can upload it. So, my
          > question
          > >> is there any manual/How-To accomplish this? Thanks!
          > >>
          > --
          > ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          > ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp
          > ~ Outputsheet Tamarin & Mac build guru

        • karianna03
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 15, 2010
            Hi Terry,

            It's a long term goal of mine to have this compatibility enhanced within PCGen, please don't hesitate to ask any questions so that you can progress!