Manual/How-To for writing csheets

  • Terry Milnes
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 11 10:21 AM
      I use MapTools to play my games over the internet and I would like to create
      a csheet that outputs the information so I can upload it. So, my question
      is there any manual/How-To accomplish this? Thanks!

    • Maredudd
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 11 10:48 AM
        Hi Folks!

        Terry wrote:

        > I use MapTools to play my games over the internet and I would like to create
        > a csheet that outputs the information so I can upload it. So, my question
        > is there any manual/How-To accomplish this? Thanks!

        The docs have an article under 'Output Sheets' on how to create one.
        I'm not sure how thorough it is but that would be a good place to
        start. Beyond that you can post question and our OS Monkeys should
        be able to help you.

        We do have a csheet for exporting to InitTool, but I I've no clue how
        much that would help . . .

        Maredudd
      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 11 12:33 PM
          I don't know the latest file structure for MapTools. I know they link
          a graphic file to everything else (HP, size, etc.) If we had a spec,
          we can make up up.

          There are 2 text character files for InitTool, csheet_InitTool.rpgrp
          (single character), and psheet_InitTool.rpgrp (multiple characters).

          On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 12:21 PM, Terry Milnes <neofax99@...> wrote:
          > I use MapTools to play my games over the internet and I would like to create
          > a csheet that outputs the information so I can upload it.  So, my question
          > is there any manual/How-To accomplish this?  Thanks!

          PCGen LST Chimp
        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 11 12:51 PM
            Tir Gwaith wrote:
            > I don't know the latest file structure for MapTools. I know they link
            > a graphic file to everything else (HP, size, etc.) If we had a spec,
            > we can make up up.
            >
            > There are 2 text character files for InitTool, csheet_InitTool.rpgrp
            > (single character), and psheet_InitTool.rpgrp (multiple characters).

            Also note that these sheets were written for InitTool version 1.0.b23
            and do not seem to work in the current version.

            InitTool made the leap to the next version of java long before it was
            available on the Mac and so I did not keep up with their releases. I
            used it all the time when I was running a campaign, it pretty much
            functioned as a statblock reader for me. I do plan on getting back to
            that and bringing it up to date, so many to do items, so little time :-(

            --
            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 11 12:53 PM
              I will work on it in my spare time as I use RPTools programs all the time.
              I also, use the most current version, which is why I was asking.

              On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 3:51 PM, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...> wrote:

              > Tir Gwaith wrote:
              > > I don't know the latest file structure for MapTools. I know they link
              > > a graphic file to everything else (HP, size, etc.) If we had a spec,
              > > we can make up up.
              > >
              > > There are 2 text character files for InitTool, csheet_InitTool.rpgrp
              > > (single character), and psheet_InitTool.rpgrp (multiple characters).
              > >

              > Also note that these sheets were written for InitTool version 1.0.b23
              > and do not seem to work in the current version.
              >
              > InitTool made the leap to the next version of java long before it was
              > available on the Mac and so I did not keep up with their releases. I
              > used it all the time when I was running a campaign, it pretty much
              > functioned as a statblock reader for me. I do plan on getting back to
              > that and bringing it up to date, so many to do items, so little time :-(
              >

              > > On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 12:21 PM, Terry Milnes <neofax99@...<neofax99%40gmail.com>>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > >> I use MapTools to play my games over the internet and I would like to
              > create
              > >> a csheet that outputs the information so I can upload it. So, my
              > question
              > >> is there any manual/How-To accomplish this? Thanks!
              > >>
              > --
              > ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              > ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp
              > ~ Outputsheet Tamarin & Mac build guru

            • karianna03
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 15 6:44 PM
                Hi Terry,

                It's a long term goal of mine to have this compatibility enhanced within PCGen, please don't hesitate to ask any questions so that you can progress!