Re: [pcgen] Printing the "Fanasy Character Sheet" display of a character

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 11, 2010
      Eddy Anthony wrote:
      > Next rename the file with "csheet_" at the beginning of the name, like:
      > csheet_Fantasy_Character_Sheet.html. "csheet_" is how PCGen recognizes
      > an outputsheet. You should now be able to see the sheet in the list and
      > export with it.

      There are a couple of things you can do to clean up the sheet if you are
      comfortable editing html, for whatever reason these are not needed when
      used in the preview tab.

      Add this to the style sheet:

      img {
      border-style: none;
      }

      This gets rid of the blue border around the linked graphics.

      Find the body tag and change the background color: bgcolor="#780000"

      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 11, 2010
        Excellent!! Thanks, very much, for the prompt response.

        PCGen rocks!

        Chris

        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 12, 2010
          FWIW, I changed all the img and the javascript references to absolute, and tossed the entire collection onto one of my sites (so the resulting html file would be transportable).

          I noticed that the stat checks images were not used (Checkhold?), so replaced all of those references with a transparent png.

          It's working great and printing "ok" - I did have to set Firefox to print background images, of course.

          Thanks again for your help!

          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 12, 2010
            cpaquin42 wrote:
            > FWIW, I changed all the img and the javascript references to absolute, and tossed the entire collection onto one of my sites (so the resulting html file would be transportable).
            >
            > I noticed that the stat checks images were not used (Checkhold?), so replaced all of those references with a transparent png.
            >
            > It's working great and printing "ok" - I did have to set Firefox to print background images, of course.
            >
            > Thanks again for your help!

            Nice solutions, I'll keep those in mind. Glad you enjoy the sheet :-)

            --
            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp
            ~ Outputsheet Tamarin & Mac build guru
          • Chuck
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 12, 2010
              Now we just need to get this checked in as a sheet for everyone to use. If someone would like to tracker this, then we can move it in for everyone.

              Chuck

              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 12, 2010
                Chuck wrote:
                > Now we just need to get this checked in as a sheet for everyone to use. If someone would like to tracker this, then we can move it in for everyone.
                >
                > Chuck

                I'm all for it but first we need to find a permanent place to host the
                images online.

                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 12, 2010
                  Would http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/images/ work? Or would you want a dedicated non-sourceforge site?

                  I'd be happy to email you (or someone) the source files I've come up with if that'd help.. but I don't really want my site getting slammed by PCGEN users around the world :D

                  Chris

                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 12, 2010
                    cpaquin42 wrote:
                    > Would http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/images/ work? Or would you want a dedicated non-sourceforge site?
                    >
                    > I'd be happy to email you (or someone) the source files I've come up with if that'd help.. but I don't really want my site getting slammed by PCGEN users around the world :D
                    >
                    > Chris

                    We wouldn't want that either :-)
                    I was thinking that out new site at pcgen.org would be appropriate, I'll
                    talk to our web guys.

                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 24, 2010
                      I spoke with a few people about putting the Fantasy Character Sheet
                      graphics online so we could offer that sheet as an html export option
                      but there was concern that this might impact our bandwidth should the
                      sheet prove to be popular. So before we go that route I wanted to see
                      how convenient I could make this as a separate download. I've placed a
                      package in the files section which contains a modified version of the
                      sheet and a folder containing the graphics and javascript files. The
                      sheet can be added to any version of PCGen and the graphics folder goes
                      wherever you keep your exported character sheets. As long as the
                      exported html files are in the same directory of the graphics folder
                      they should look and function correctly (the functionality is the
                      ability to click the dice to have the computer make the roll).

                      Please check it out and let us know what you think.

                      --
                    • danskmacabre@ymail.com
                      Message 10 of 15 , Mar 26, 2010
                        Hello, I'm new here, (Just joined), but have been using PCGEN for Pathfinder for some time.
                        Where is this files section wherer I cna get thes files?
                        They would be really handy for me.. :)

                        Message 11 of 15 , Mar 26, 2010
                          Nevermind, found it :)