Re: [pcgen] Re: PCGen's Pathfinder Bestiary Updated!

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 10, 2010
      Darrell D wrote:
      > After installing the Pathfinder Release 6 Data set, I'm getting the following error when loading up the Core Rulebook, Bonus Bestiary, Bestiary, and Web Enhancement Traits:
      >
      > SEVERE Error in PrerequisiteTest, failing test:
      > pcgen.core.prereq.PrerequisiteException: plugin.pretokens.test.PreRaceTester does not support prerequisites for Equipment.
      > at pcgen.core.prereq.AbstractPrerequisiteTest.passes(Unknown Source)
      > at pcgen.core.prereq.PrereqHandler.passes(Unknown Source)
      > at pcgen.core.prereq.PrereqHandler.passesAll(Unknown Source)
      > at pcgen.core.PObject.calcBonus(Unknown Source)
      > at pcgen.core.PObject.bonusTo(Unknown Source)
      > at pcgen.core.PObject.bonusTo(Unknown Source)
      > at pcgen.core.Equipment.bonusTo(Unknown Source)
      > at pcgen.core.Equipment.bonusTo(Unknown Source)
      > at pcgen.core.Equipment.getACMod(Unknown Source)
      > at pcgen.core.EquipmentList.createItem(Unknown Source)
      > at pcgen.core.EquipmentList.createItem(Unknown Source)
      > at pcgen.core.EquipmentList.autogenerateRacialEquipment(Unknown Source)
      > at pcgen.core.EquipmentList.autoGenerateEquipment(Unknown Source)
      > at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstSystemLoader.loadCampaigns(Unknown Source)
      > at pcgen.persistence.PersistenceManager.loadCampaigns(Unknown Source)
      > at pcgen.gui.sources.MainSource.loadCampaigns(Unknown Source)
      > at pcgen.gui.sources.MainSource.access$1800(Unknown Source)
      > at pcgen.gui.sources.MainSource$20.construct(Unknown Source)
      > at pcgen.util.SwingWorker$2.run(Unknown Source)
      > at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

      Not sure why you're seeing that, I can't reproduce it. Are you loading
      anything else? Do you have the option of loading datasets when you open
      a character turned on?

      > Then when I attempt to open characters that previously worked fine in 5.16.2 I'm getting an error with them having too many traits. In the traits section it's coming up -2 and I can update it to 0 to remove the trait's error.

      Possibly that is due to the name change we made to the template that
      bonuses the trait pool, if you go to the template tab and add "Player
      Character Traits" it will bring it back to 0.

      > But I'm also losing a feat on a 2nd level Half-Elf Rogue (Point Blank Shot.)

      Also the result of a name change, just find Point-Blank Shot in the list
      and re-add it.

      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 12, 2010
        > Not sure why you're seeing that, I can't reproduce it. Are you loading
        > anything else? Do you have the option of loading datasets when you open
        > a character turned on?

        I'm only loading 4 things: Core, Bestiary, Bonus Bestiary, and Traits Web Enhancements.

        I just uninstalled PCGen from my system. Deleted the .pcgen folder from my user directory. Made sure it was gone from my x86 directory. Ran as Administrator and Reinstalled 5.16.2(all.) Added the new Release 6 Dataset. And tried to load the above four things and got the same error.

        And I've figured out what it is.

        Under Preferences>PCGen>Equipment>

        If you now have any of the 4 bottom check boxes checked (of which I have all 4) the following error comes up:

        SEVERE Error in PrerequisiteTest, failing test:
        pcgen.core.prereq.PrerequisiteException: plugin.pretokens.test.PreRaceTester does not support prerequisites for Equipment.
        at pcgen.core.prereq.AbstractPrerequisiteTest.passes(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.core.prereq.PrereqHandler.passes(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.core.prereq.PrereqHandler.passesAll(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.core.PObject.calcBonus(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.core.PObject.bonusTo(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.core.PObject.bonusTo(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.core.Equipment.bonusTo(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.core.Equipment.bonusTo(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.core.Equipment.getACMod(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.core.EquipmentList.createItem(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.core.EquipmentList.createItem(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.core.EquipmentList.autogenerateMagicEquipment(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.core.EquipmentList.autoGenerateEquipment(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstSystemLoader.loadCampaigns(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.persistence.PersistenceManager.loadCampaigns(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.gui.sources.MainSource.loadCampaigns(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.gui.sources.MainSource.access$1800(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.gui.sources.MainSource$20.construct(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.util.SwingWorker$2.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

        Uncheck those boxes and the error goes away.
      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 12, 2010
          Eddy,

          I recently added BONUS checks for EQMODs in prettylst.. This error
          appears to be a PRERACE (something similar?) in EQMODs.

          a) Are there some PRExxx tags that do NOT work in Equipmods?
          b) If so, would you like that kind of check in PL?

          PCGen LST Chimp
        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 12, 2010
            Thanks Darrell ,
            I was able to reproduce the error with your help and figured out the
            cause. I created a custom armor (Rag Armor) for the Dark Creeper and I put a
            PRERACE tag on the AC bonus so it would only work for a Dark Creeper. I
            tested it and it works as expected but it does seem to be the root of the
            error message. We have enough details for the code team to take a look at
            what might be going on.

            Darrell D scribed:

            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 12, 2010
              Tir Gwaith scribed:

              > Eddy,
              >
              > I recently added BONUS checks for EQMODs in prettylst.. This error
              > appears to be a PRERACE (something similar?) in EQMODs.
              >
              > a) Are there some PRExxx tags that do NOT work in Equipmods?
              > b) If so, would you like that kind of check in PL?

              Turns out it wasn't in an EQMOD but an equipment item. I created a custom
              armor (Rag Armor) for the Dark Creeper and I put a PRERACE tag on the AC
              bonus so it would only work for a Dark Creeper. I tested it and it works as
              expected but it does seem to be the root of the error message. Not sure why
              we're getting an error, I'm pretty sure the tags are valid. We need to open
              a code bug now that we know how to reproduce it. If it turns out we
              shouldn't be doing it the way I got it set up its easy enough to rework, if
              that's the conclusion I'll open a data tracker and do that.
              --
              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp
              ~ Outputsheet Tamarin & Mac build guru
            • James Dempsey
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 13, 2010
                Hi Eddy,

                On 13/02/2010 4:30 PM Eddy Anthony wrote
                > Tir Gwaith scribed:
                >

                >> Eddy,
                >>
                >> I recently added BONUS checks for EQMODs in prettylst.. This error
                >> appears to be a PRERACE (something similar?) in EQMODs.
                >>
                >> a) Are there some PRExxx tags that do NOT work in Equipmods?
                >> b) If so, would you like that kind of check in PL?
                >>

                > Turns out it wasn't in an EQMOD but an equipment item. I created a custom
                > armor (Rag Armor) for the Dark Creeper and I put a PRERACE tag on the AC
                > bonus so it would only work for a Dark Creeper. I tested it and it works as
                > expected but it does seem to be the root of the error message. Not sure why
                > we're getting an error, I'm pretty sure the tags are valid. We need to open
                > a code bug now that we know how to reproduce it. If it turns out we
                > shouldn't be doing it the way I got it set up its easy enough to rework, if
                > that's the conclusion I'll open a data tracker and do that.

                Firstly, thanks to Darrell for the excellent bug report and thanks for
                tracking down the source of the problem from the data side - that made
                it much easier to work out what was going on.

                The auto generate magic equipment has an exception built in that armour
                without an AC bonus does not get magical variants produced. To do this
                it checks the bonus to AC. As the auto generate is not done for any
                specific character it uses the equipment prereq path (i.e. does the
                equipment pass the prereq). Obviously it can't check the race of
                equipment and fails.

                Now I think this is a valid tag but the code has not considered the
                combination of the tag and the auto generation of equipment. There is an
                easy code fix, which is to just say the armour doesn't qualify if there
                is no character. That then raises the question - should we do that for
                all prereqs that currently fail fast on equipment only tests in this manner?

                Cheers,
                James Dempsey
                PCGen Code SB
              • Eddy Anthony
                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 13, 2010
                  Hi James,

                  James Dempsey scribed:
                  > Hi Eddy,
                  >
                  > On 13/02/2010 4:30 PM Eddy Anthony wrote
                  >> Tir Gwaith scribed:
                  >>

                  >>> Eddy,
                  >>>
                  >>> I recently added BONUS checks for EQMODs in prettylst.. This error
                  >>> appears to be a PRERACE (something similar?) in EQMODs.
                  >>>
                  >>> a) Are there some PRExxx tags that do NOT work in Equipmods?
                  >>> b) If so, would you like that kind of check in PL?
                  >>>

                  >> Turns out it wasn't in an EQMOD but an equipment item. I created a custom
                  >> armor (Rag Armor) for the Dark Creeper and I put a PRERACE tag on the AC
                  >> bonus so it would only work for a Dark Creeper. I tested it and it works as
                  >> expected but it does seem to be the root of the error message. Not sure why
                  >> we're getting an error, I'm pretty sure the tags are valid. We need to open
                  >> a code bug now that we know how to reproduce it. If it turns out we
                  >> shouldn't be doing it the way I got it set up its easy enough to rework, if
                  >> that's the conclusion I'll open a data tracker and do that.
                  >>
                  > Firstly, thanks to Darrell for the excellent bug report and thanks for
                  > tracking down the source of the problem from the data side - that made
                  > it much easier to work out what was going on.
                  >
                  > The auto generate magic equipment has an exception built in that armour
                  > without an AC bonus does not get magical variants produced. To do this
                  > it checks the bonus to AC. As the auto generate is not done for any
                  > specific character it uses the equipment prereq path (i.e. does the
                  > equipment pass the prereq). Obviously it can't check the race of
                  > equipment and fails.
                  >
                  > Now I think this is a valid tag but the code has not considered the
                  > combination of the tag and the auto generation of equipment. There is an
                  > easy code fix, which is to just say the armour doesn't qualify if there
                  > is no character. That then raises the question - should we do that for
                  > all prereqs that currently fail fast on equipment only tests in this manner?
                  >
                  > Cheers,
                  > James Dempsey
                  > PCGen Code SB

                  So your suggestion is that any equipment which cannot be auto-generated due
                  to issues like this (thus causing an error massage) would just be bypassed
                  by the auto-generator?

                  That sounds fine to me, auto generation is a feature of dubious convenience,
                  if the user can still manually generate custom equipment with the item I see
                  virtually no impact.

                  In this case auto-generation isn't desired, the Rag Armor item is meant for
                  the use of one monster and so having a way to prevent it is fine with me. It
                  just occurred to me that there already is a tag to do this, MODS:NO. Just
                  tried it out and it does prevent the auto generator from tripping the error.
                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 13, 2010
                    Hi Eddy,

                    On 14/02/2010 10:01 AM Eddy Anthony wrote
                    > Hi James,
                    >
                    > James Dempsey scribed:
                    >
                    >> Hi Eddy,
                    >>
                    >> On 13/02/2010 4:30 PM Eddy Anthony wrote
                    >>
                    >>> Tir Gwaith scribed:

                    >>> Turns out it wasn't in an EQMOD but an equipment item. I created a custom
                    >>> armor (Rag Armor) for the Dark Creeper and I put a PRERACE tag on the AC
                    >>> bonus so it would only work for a Dark Creeper. I tested it and it works as
                    >>> expected but it does seem to be the root of the error message. Not sure why
                    >>> we're getting an error, I'm pretty sure the tags are valid. We need to open
                    >>> a code bug now that we know how to reproduce it. If it turns out we
                    >>> shouldn't be doing it the way I got it set up its easy enough to rework, if
                    >>> that's the conclusion I'll open a data tracker and do that.
                    >>>

                    >> Firstly, thanks to Darrell for the excellent bug report and thanks for
                    >> tracking down the source of the problem from the data side - that made
                    >> it much easier to work out what was going on.
                    >>
                    >> The auto generate magic equipment has an exception built in that armour
                    >> without an AC bonus does not get magical variants produced. To do this
                    >> it checks the bonus to AC. As the auto generate is not done for any
                    >> specific character it uses the equipment prereq path (i.e. does the
                    >> equipment pass the prereq). Obviously it can't check the race of
                    >> equipment and fails.
                    >>
                    >> Now I think this is a valid tag but the code has not considered the
                    >> combination of the tag and the auto generation of equipment. There is an
                    >> easy code fix, which is to just say the armour doesn't qualify if there
                    >> is no character. That then raises the question - should we do that for
                    >> all prereqs that currently fail fast on equipment only tests in this manner?
                    >>
                    >> Cheers,
                    >> James Dempsey
                    >> PCGen Code SB
                    >>

                    > So your suggestion is that any equipment which cannot be auto-generated due
                    > to issues like this (thus causing an error massage) would just be bypassed
                    > by the auto-generator?
                    >
                    > That sounds fine to me, auto generation is a feature of dubious convenience,
                    > if the user can still manually generate custom equipment with the item I see
                    > virtually no impact.
                    >
                    > In this case auto-generation isn't desired, the Rag Armor item is meant for
                    > the use of one monster and so having a way to prevent it is fine with me. It
                    > just occurred to me that there already is a tag to do this, MODS:NO. Just
                    > tried it out and it does prevent the auto generator from tripping the error.

                    MODS:NO would also block a GM from adding enhancements to the armour. Is
                    that valid? If so then it sounds like the simplest solution.

                    Cheers,
                    James.
                  • Eddy Anthony
                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 13, 2010
                      James Dempsey scribed:

                      >> In this case auto-generation isn't desired, the Rag Armor item is meant for
                      >> the use of one monster and so having a way to prevent it is fine with me. It
                      >> just occurred to me that there already is a tag to do this, MODS:NO. Just
                      >> tried it out and it does prevent the auto generator from tripping the error.
                      >>
                      > MODS:NO would also block a GM from adding enhancements to the armour. Is
                      > that valid? If so then it sounds like the simplest solution.

                      It is in this case. If the GM wanted to customize some armor for a Dark
                      Creeper they could simply customized some standard armor how they want it
                      and replace the Rag Armor item with it. That's the advantage of coding the
                      Rag Armor as an item (it's listed as a special ability).

                      I'll add the MODS:NO to the Rag Armor item. Regardless of how you might
                      address this corner case in the code I think adding MODS:NO is a good
                      addition.
                      --
                      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                      ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp
                      ~ Outputsheet Tamarin & Mac build guru
                    • karianna03
                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 15, 2010
                        *Bump*

                        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "gjorbjond" <Gjorbjond@...> wrote:

                        > The description of Magic Missile would be a bit more useful if it included the number of missiles and the description of Shocking Grasp needs to be cleaned up a bit. That's all I've run into so far.

                      • karianna03
                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 15, 2010
                          Hi all,

                          So does anything still need to be trackered?

                          Message 12 of 15 , Feb 15, 2010
                            Martijn Verburg scribed:

                            > So does anything still need to be trackered?

                            The data has been fixed so that the error message no longer manifests. James
                            is now aware of the corner case that causes the issue, it's up to him to
                            decide if there needs to be code work to address it or if the data fix is
                            enough.