Re: [pcgen] PCgen Pathfinder Help

  • Ainvar G
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 10, 2010
      If I read this correctly, you are trying to change the data after you've generated the character sheet, right? Is there a concern with making the changes within PCGen and just generating the correct data from there?

      Just trying to see where you are coming from with your request.

      AinvarG

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 12, 2010

        PCGen is designed to create rules-correct characters/NPCs, as far as
        creating a character goes. As long as the person who coded up the set
        followed the intent of the Book source(s), your character should match
        the rules - this included Skill Points, Bonuses you may not realize you
        have, size modifiers, and all sorts of little things, which is what
        makes PCGen so great, but can be frustrating to people who don't
        understand all the rules. So the character you create, you can rest
        assured is correct in all ways (Albeit unless there is a mistake in the
        set, or a bug... Thankfully our QA people [regular users like you and
        me] find issues and we get them fix]).

        How does it do this?

        First it gets the Saves, BAB and such from the Class you create,
        anything that the Race you chose might add, and then feats or other
        class abilities.
        In order to modify those numbers you actually need to create either a
        Feat, Template, or give the character a magic item to modify those values.

        PCGen isn't meant to allow altering of the numbers displayed in any
        other manner such as direct editing. Like I said, it's built around a
        rules structure that adheres as closely to the d20 system as possible,
        or whatever system the data set(s) you are loading are supposed to be
        following. You can always change the rules, make up your own rules, or
        what not. Now, if you want help say changing a Save, or all saves, or
        anything along those lines, we can help you out on the PCGen List File
        Help Yahoo Group, as that would involve coding up some new items. (Not
        very hard actually).

        On 2/10/2010 7:10 AM, Ainvar G wrote:
        > If I read this correctly, you are trying to change the data after you've generated the character sheet, right? Is there a concern with making the changes within PCGen and just generating the correct data from there?
        >
        > Just trying to see where you are coming from with your request.
        >
        > AinvarG

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin