PCGen's Pathfinder Bestiary Updated!

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 9, 2010
      The PCGen Team is proud to announce the release and immediate
      availability of the latest Pathfinder Core Rules and Bestiary OOC Data
      Sets!

      You can get your copy here:

      https://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/files/PCGen%20Stable%20Datasets/5.16.2%20OOC%20Data%20Sets/5162_pathfinder_role_playing_game_and_bestiary_release6.zip/download

      This release is expected to be the final update to the Pathfinder Core
      Rules and Bestiary data sets that will be compatible with PCGen
      5.16.2, as the development team turns its focus fully to the 5.17.x
      developmental cycle. This file patches the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
      Core Ruleset and the Bestiary, updating 5.16.2 with the latest bug
      fixes as part of the ongoing effort. For more information about this
      release, including OOC installation instructions, please check out the
      full release notes here:

      https://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/files/PCGen%20Stable%20Datasets/5.16.2%20OOC%20Data%20Sets/pcgen-pathfinder_role_playing_game-release-notes-5162.html/download

      This release is a "beta" release and therefore will likely contain
      errors. The PCGen Team is dedicated to providing full support for the
      Pathfinder Roleplaying Game so we ask you, the PCGen Community, to
      help us by putting this data set through its paces and reporting any
      bugs you find to the PCGen Team by posting them here on PCGen@Yahoo!.
      Please include [PATHFINDER] in the subject line for your report.

      This dataset uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo
      Publishing, LLC, which are used under Paizo's Community Use Policy. We
      are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this
      content. This dataset is not published, endorsed, or specifically
      approved by Paizo Publishing. For more information about Paizo's
      Community Use Policy, please visit http://paizo.com/communityuse. For
      more information about Paizo Publishing and Paizo products, please
      visit http://paizo.com
    • gjorbjond
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 9, 2010
        The description of Magic Missile would be a bit more useful if it included the number of missiles and the description of Shocking Grasp needs to be cleaned up a bit. That's all I've run into so far.
      • Darrell D
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 10, 2010
          After installing the Pathfinder Release 6 Data set, I'm getting the following error when loading up the Core Rulebook, Bonus Bestiary, Bestiary, and Web Enhancement Traits:

          SEVERE Error in PrerequisiteTest, failing test:
          pcgen.core.prereq.PrerequisiteException: plugin.pretokens.test.PreRaceTester does not support prerequisites for Equipment.
          at pcgen.core.prereq.AbstractPrerequisiteTest.passes(Unknown Source)
          at pcgen.core.prereq.PrereqHandler.passes(Unknown Source)
          at pcgen.core.prereq.PrereqHandler.passesAll(Unknown Source)
          at pcgen.core.PObject.calcBonus(Unknown Source)
          at pcgen.core.PObject.bonusTo(Unknown Source)
          at pcgen.core.PObject.bonusTo(Unknown Source)
          at pcgen.core.Equipment.bonusTo(Unknown Source)
          at pcgen.core.Equipment.bonusTo(Unknown Source)
          at pcgen.core.Equipment.getACMod(Unknown Source)
          at pcgen.core.EquipmentList.createItem(Unknown Source)
          at pcgen.core.EquipmentList.createItem(Unknown Source)
          at pcgen.core.EquipmentList.autogenerateRacialEquipment(Unknown Source)
          at pcgen.core.EquipmentList.autoGenerateEquipment(Unknown Source)
          at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstSystemLoader.loadCampaigns(Unknown Source)
          at pcgen.persistence.PersistenceManager.loadCampaigns(Unknown Source)
          at pcgen.gui.sources.MainSource.loadCampaigns(Unknown Source)
          at pcgen.gui.sources.MainSource.access$1800(Unknown Source)
          at pcgen.gui.sources.MainSource$20.construct(Unknown Source)
          at pcgen.util.SwingWorker$2.run(Unknown Source)
          at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

          Then when I attempt to open characters that previously worked fine in 5.16.2 I'm getting an error with them having too many traits. In the traits section it's coming up -2 and I can update it to 0 to remove the trait's error.

          But I'm also losing a feat on a 2nd level Half-Elf Rogue (Point Blank Shot.)

          I started using PCGen at 5.16.1 with the Pathfinder Release 4 dataset. Then installed 5.16.2 and my PC's from 5.16.1 opened and updated fine.

          Using Win 7 64 Enterprise. Had to "Run as Administrator" to give the Release 6 dataset overwrite permissions. If I can provide any other information, please let me know.

          > The PCGen Team is proud to announce the release and immediate
          > availability of the latest Pathfinder Core Rules and Bestiary OOC Data
          > Sets!
          >
          > You can get your copy here:
          >
          > https://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/files/PCGen%20Stable%20Datasets/5.16.2%20OOC%20Data%20Sets/5162_pathfinder_role_playing_game_and_bestiary_release6.zip/download
          >
          > This release is expected to be the final update to the Pathfinder Core
          > Rules and Bestiary data sets that will be compatible with PCGen
          > 5.16.2, as the development team turns its focus fully to the 5.17.x
          > developmental cycle. This file patches the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
          > Core Ruleset and the Bestiary, updating 5.16.2 with the latest bug
          > fixes as part of the ongoing effort. For more information about this
          > release, including OOC installation instructions, please check out the
          > full release notes here:
          >
          > https://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/files/PCGen%20Stable%20Datasets/5.16.2%20OOC%20Data%20Sets/pcgen-pathfinder_role_playing_game-release-notes-5162.html/download
          >
          > This release is a "beta" release and therefore will likely contain
          > errors. The PCGen Team is dedicated to providing full support for the
          > Pathfinder Roleplaying Game so we ask you, the PCGen Community, to
          > help us by putting this data set through its paces and reporting any
          > bugs you find to the PCGen Team by posting them here on PCGen@Yahoo!.
          > Please include [PATHFINDER] in the subject line for your report.
          >
          > This dataset uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo
          > Publishing, LLC, which are used under Paizo's Community Use Policy. We
          > are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this
          > content. This dataset is not published, endorsed, or specifically
          > approved by Paizo Publishing. For more information about Paizo's
          > Community Use Policy, please visit http://paizo.com/communityuse. For
          > more information about Paizo Publishing and Paizo products, please
          > visit http://paizo.com

        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 10, 2010
            Darrell D wrote:
            > After installing the Pathfinder Release 6 Data set, I'm getting the following error when loading up the Core Rulebook, Bonus Bestiary, Bestiary, and Web Enhancement Traits:
            >
            > SEVERE Error in PrerequisiteTest, failing test:
            > pcgen.core.prereq.PrerequisiteException: plugin.pretokens.test.PreRaceTester does not support prerequisites for Equipment.
            > at pcgen.core.prereq.AbstractPrerequisiteTest.passes(Unknown Source)
            > at pcgen.core.prereq.PrereqHandler.passes(Unknown Source)
            > at pcgen.core.prereq.PrereqHandler.passesAll(Unknown Source)
            > at pcgen.core.PObject.calcBonus(Unknown Source)
            > at pcgen.core.PObject.bonusTo(Unknown Source)
            > at pcgen.core.PObject.bonusTo(Unknown Source)
            > at pcgen.core.Equipment.bonusTo(Unknown Source)
            > at pcgen.core.Equipment.bonusTo(Unknown Source)
            > at pcgen.core.Equipment.getACMod(Unknown Source)
            > at pcgen.core.EquipmentList.createItem(Unknown Source)
            > at pcgen.core.EquipmentList.createItem(Unknown Source)
            > at pcgen.core.EquipmentList.autogenerateRacialEquipment(Unknown Source)
            > at pcgen.core.EquipmentList.autoGenerateEquipment(Unknown Source)
            > at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstSystemLoader.loadCampaigns(Unknown Source)
            > at pcgen.persistence.PersistenceManager.loadCampaigns(Unknown Source)
            > at pcgen.gui.sources.MainSource.loadCampaigns(Unknown Source)
            > at pcgen.gui.sources.MainSource.access$1800(Unknown Source)
            > at pcgen.gui.sources.MainSource$20.construct(Unknown Source)
            > at pcgen.util.SwingWorker$2.run(Unknown Source)
            > at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

            Not sure why you're seeing that, I can't reproduce it. Are you loading
            anything else? Do you have the option of loading datasets when you open
            a character turned on?

            > Then when I attempt to open characters that previously worked fine in 5.16.2 I'm getting an error with them having too many traits. In the traits section it's coming up -2 and I can update it to 0 to remove the trait's error.

            Possibly that is due to the name change we made to the template that
            bonuses the trait pool, if you go to the template tab and add "Player
            Character Traits" it will bring it back to 0.

            > But I'm also losing a feat on a 2nd level Half-Elf Rogue (Point Blank Shot.)

            Also the result of a name change, just find Point-Blank Shot in the list
            and re-add it.

            --
            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 12, 2010
              > Not sure why you're seeing that, I can't reproduce it. Are you loading
              > anything else? Do you have the option of loading datasets when you open
              > a character turned on?

              I'm only loading 4 things: Core, Bestiary, Bonus Bestiary, and Traits Web Enhancements.

              I just uninstalled PCGen from my system. Deleted the .pcgen folder from my user directory. Made sure it was gone from my x86 directory. Ran as Administrator and Reinstalled 5.16.2(all.) Added the new Release 6 Dataset. And tried to load the above four things and got the same error.

              And I've figured out what it is.

              Under Preferences>PCGen>Equipment>

              If you now have any of the 4 bottom check boxes checked (of which I have all 4) the following error comes up:

              SEVERE Error in PrerequisiteTest, failing test:
              pcgen.core.prereq.PrerequisiteException: plugin.pretokens.test.PreRaceTester does not support prerequisites for Equipment.
              at pcgen.core.prereq.AbstractPrerequisiteTest.passes(Unknown Source)
              at pcgen.core.prereq.PrereqHandler.passes(Unknown Source)
              at pcgen.core.prereq.PrereqHandler.passesAll(Unknown Source)
              at pcgen.core.PObject.calcBonus(Unknown Source)
              at pcgen.core.PObject.bonusTo(Unknown Source)
              at pcgen.core.PObject.bonusTo(Unknown Source)
              at pcgen.core.Equipment.bonusTo(Unknown Source)
              at pcgen.core.Equipment.bonusTo(Unknown Source)
              at pcgen.core.Equipment.getACMod(Unknown Source)
              at pcgen.core.EquipmentList.createItem(Unknown Source)
              at pcgen.core.EquipmentList.createItem(Unknown Source)
              at pcgen.core.EquipmentList.autogenerateMagicEquipment(Unknown Source)
              at pcgen.core.EquipmentList.autoGenerateEquipment(Unknown Source)
              at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstSystemLoader.loadCampaigns(Unknown Source)
              at pcgen.persistence.PersistenceManager.loadCampaigns(Unknown Source)
              at pcgen.gui.sources.MainSource.loadCampaigns(Unknown Source)
              at pcgen.gui.sources.MainSource.access$1800(Unknown Source)
              at pcgen.gui.sources.MainSource$20.construct(Unknown Source)
              at pcgen.util.SwingWorker$2.run(Unknown Source)
              at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

              Uncheck those boxes and the error goes away.
            • Tir Gwaith
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 12, 2010
                Eddy,

                I recently added BONUS checks for EQMODs in prettylst.. This error
                appears to be a PRERACE (something similar?) in EQMODs.

                a) Are there some PRExxx tags that do NOT work in Equipmods?
                b) If so, would you like that kind of check in PL?

                PCGen LST Chimp
              • Eddy Anthony
                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 12, 2010
                  Thanks Darrell ,
                  I was able to reproduce the error with your help and figured out the
                  cause. I created a custom armor (Rag Armor) for the Dark Creeper and I put a
                  PRERACE tag on the AC bonus so it would only work for a Dark Creeper. I
                  tested it and it works as expected but it does seem to be the root of the
                  error message. We have enough details for the code team to take a look at
                  what might be going on.

                  Darrell D scribed:

                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 12, 2010
                    Tir Gwaith scribed:

                    > Eddy,
                    >
                    > I recently added BONUS checks for EQMODs in prettylst.. This error
                    > appears to be a PRERACE (something similar?) in EQMODs.
                    >
                    > a) Are there some PRExxx tags that do NOT work in Equipmods?
                    > b) If so, would you like that kind of check in PL?

                    Turns out it wasn't in an EQMOD but an equipment item. I created a custom
                    armor (Rag Armor) for the Dark Creeper and I put a PRERACE tag on the AC
                    bonus so it would only work for a Dark Creeper. I tested it and it works as
                    expected but it does seem to be the root of the error message. Not sure why
                    we're getting an error, I'm pretty sure the tags are valid. We need to open
                    a code bug now that we know how to reproduce it. If it turns out we
                    shouldn't be doing it the way I got it set up its easy enough to rework, if
                    that's the conclusion I'll open a data tracker and do that.
                    --
                    ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                    ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp
                    ~ Outputsheet Tamarin & Mac build guru
                  • James Dempsey
                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 13, 2010
                      Hi Eddy,

                      On 13/02/2010 4:30 PM Eddy Anthony wrote
                      > Tir Gwaith scribed:
                      >

                      >> Eddy,
                      >>
                      >> I recently added BONUS checks for EQMODs in prettylst.. This error
                      >> appears to be a PRERACE (something similar?) in EQMODs.
                      >>
                      >> a) Are there some PRExxx tags that do NOT work in Equipmods?
                      >> b) If so, would you like that kind of check in PL?
                      >>

                      > Turns out it wasn't in an EQMOD but an equipment item. I created a custom
                      > armor (Rag Armor) for the Dark Creeper and I put a PRERACE tag on the AC
                      > bonus so it would only work for a Dark Creeper. I tested it and it works as
                      > expected but it does seem to be the root of the error message. Not sure why
                      > we're getting an error, I'm pretty sure the tags are valid. We need to open
                      > a code bug now that we know how to reproduce it. If it turns out we
                      > shouldn't be doing it the way I got it set up its easy enough to rework, if
                      > that's the conclusion I'll open a data tracker and do that.

                      Firstly, thanks to Darrell for the excellent bug report and thanks for
                      tracking down the source of the problem from the data side - that made
                      it much easier to work out what was going on.

                      The auto generate magic equipment has an exception built in that armour
                      without an AC bonus does not get magical variants produced. To do this
                      it checks the bonus to AC. As the auto generate is not done for any
                      specific character it uses the equipment prereq path (i.e. does the
                      equipment pass the prereq). Obviously it can't check the race of
                      equipment and fails.

                      Now I think this is a valid tag but the code has not considered the
                      combination of the tag and the auto generation of equipment. There is an
                      easy code fix, which is to just say the armour doesn't qualify if there
                      is no character. That then raises the question - should we do that for
                      all prereqs that currently fail fast on equipment only tests in this manner?

                      Cheers,
                      James Dempsey
                      PCGen Code SB
                    • Eddy Anthony
                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 13, 2010
                        Hi James,

                        James Dempsey scribed:
                        > Hi Eddy,
                        >
                        > On 13/02/2010 4:30 PM Eddy Anthony wrote
                        >> Tir Gwaith scribed:
                        >>

                        >>> Eddy,
                        >>>
                        >>> I recently added BONUS checks for EQMODs in prettylst.. This error
                        >>> appears to be a PRERACE (something similar?) in EQMODs.
                        >>>
                        >>> a) Are there some PRExxx tags that do NOT work in Equipmods?
                        >>> b) If so, would you like that kind of check in PL?
                        >>>

                        >> Turns out it wasn't in an EQMOD but an equipment item. I created a custom
                        >> armor (Rag Armor) for the Dark Creeper and I put a PRERACE tag on the AC
                        >> bonus so it would only work for a Dark Creeper. I tested it and it works as
                        >> expected but it does seem to be the root of the error message. Not sure why
                        >> we're getting an error, I'm pretty sure the tags are valid. We need to open
                        >> a code bug now that we know how to reproduce it. If it turns out we
                        >> shouldn't be doing it the way I got it set up its easy enough to rework, if
                        >> that's the conclusion I'll open a data tracker and do that.
                        >>
                        > Firstly, thanks to Darrell for the excellent bug report and thanks for
                        > tracking down the source of the problem from the data side - that made
                        > it much easier to work out what was going on.
                        >
                        > The auto generate magic equipment has an exception built in that armour
                        > without an AC bonus does not get magical variants produced. To do this
                        > it checks the bonus to AC. As the auto generate is not done for any
                        > specific character it uses the equipment prereq path (i.e. does the
                        > equipment pass the prereq). Obviously it can't check the race of
                        > equipment and fails.
                        >
                        > Now I think this is a valid tag but the code has not considered the
                        > combination of the tag and the auto generation of equipment. There is an
                        > easy code fix, which is to just say the armour doesn't qualify if there
                        > is no character. That then raises the question - should we do that for
                        > all prereqs that currently fail fast on equipment only tests in this manner?
                        >
                        > Cheers,
                        > James Dempsey
                        > PCGen Code SB

                        So your suggestion is that any equipment which cannot be auto-generated due
                        to issues like this (thus causing an error massage) would just be bypassed
                        by the auto-generator?

                        That sounds fine to me, auto generation is a feature of dubious convenience,
                        if the user can still manually generate custom equipment with the item I see
                        virtually no impact.

                        In this case auto-generation isn't desired, the Rag Armor item is meant for
                        the use of one monster and so having a way to prevent it is fine with me. It
                        just occurred to me that there already is a tag to do this, MODS:NO. Just
                        tried it out and it does prevent the auto generator from tripping the error.
                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 13, 2010
                          Hi Eddy,

                          On 14/02/2010 10:01 AM Eddy Anthony wrote
                          > Hi James,
                          >
                          > James Dempsey scribed:
                          >
                          >> Hi Eddy,
                          >>
                          >> On 13/02/2010 4:30 PM Eddy Anthony wrote
                          >>
                          >>> Tir Gwaith scribed:

                          >>> Turns out it wasn't in an EQMOD but an equipment item. I created a custom
                          >>> armor (Rag Armor) for the Dark Creeper and I put a PRERACE tag on the AC
                          >>> bonus so it would only work for a Dark Creeper. I tested it and it works as
                          >>> expected but it does seem to be the root of the error message. Not sure why
                          >>> we're getting an error, I'm pretty sure the tags are valid. We need to open
                          >>> a code bug now that we know how to reproduce it. If it turns out we
                          >>> shouldn't be doing it the way I got it set up its easy enough to rework, if
                          >>> that's the conclusion I'll open a data tracker and do that.
                          >>>

                          >> Firstly, thanks to Darrell for the excellent bug report and thanks for
                          >> tracking down the source of the problem from the data side - that made
                          >> it much easier to work out what was going on.
                          >>
                          >> The auto generate magic equipment has an exception built in that armour
                          >> without an AC bonus does not get magical variants produced. To do this
                          >> it checks the bonus to AC. As the auto generate is not done for any
                          >> specific character it uses the equipment prereq path (i.e. does the
                          >> equipment pass the prereq). Obviously it can't check the race of
                          >> equipment and fails.
                          >>
                          >> Now I think this is a valid tag but the code has not considered the
                          >> combination of the tag and the auto generation of equipment. There is an
                          >> easy code fix, which is to just say the armour doesn't qualify if there
                          >> is no character. That then raises the question - should we do that for
                          >> all prereqs that currently fail fast on equipment only tests in this manner?
                          >>
                          >> Cheers,
                          >> James Dempsey
                          >> PCGen Code SB
                          >>

                          > So your suggestion is that any equipment which cannot be auto-generated due
                          > to issues like this (thus causing an error massage) would just be bypassed
                          > by the auto-generator?
                          >
                          > That sounds fine to me, auto generation is a feature of dubious convenience,
                          > if the user can still manually generate custom equipment with the item I see
                          > virtually no impact.
                          >
                          > In this case auto-generation isn't desired, the Rag Armor item is meant for
                          > the use of one monster and so having a way to prevent it is fine with me. It
                          > just occurred to me that there already is a tag to do this, MODS:NO. Just
                          > tried it out and it does prevent the auto generator from tripping the error.

                          MODS:NO would also block a GM from adding enhancements to the armour. Is
                          that valid? If so then it sounds like the simplest solution.

                          Cheers,
                          James.
                        • Eddy Anthony
                          Message 12 of 15 , Feb 13, 2010
                            James Dempsey scribed:

                            >> In this case auto-generation isn't desired, the Rag Armor item is meant for
                            >> the use of one monster and so having a way to prevent it is fine with me. It
                            >> just occurred to me that there already is a tag to do this, MODS:NO. Just
                            >> tried it out and it does prevent the auto generator from tripping the error.
                            >>
                            > MODS:NO would also block a GM from adding enhancements to the armour. Is
                            > that valid? If so then it sounds like the simplest solution.

                            It is in this case. If the GM wanted to customize some armor for a Dark
                            Creeper they could simply customized some standard armor how they want it
                            and replace the Rag Armor item with it. That's the advantage of coding the
                            Rag Armor as an item (it's listed as a special ability).

                            I'll add the MODS:NO to the Rag Armor item. Regardless of how you might
                            address this corner case in the code I think adding MODS:NO is a good
                            addition.
                            --
                            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                            ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp
                            ~ Outputsheet Tamarin & Mac build guru
                          • karianna03
                            Message 13 of 15 , Feb 15, 2010
                              *Bump*

                              Message 14 of 15 , Feb 15, 2010
                                Hi all,

                                So does anything still need to be trackered?

                                Message 15 of 15 , Feb 15, 2010
                                  Martijn Verburg scribed:

                                  > So does anything still need to be trackered?

                                  The data has been fixed so that the error message no longer manifests. James
                                  is now aware of the corner case that causes the issue, it's up to him to
                                  decide if there needs to be code work to address it or if the data fix is
                                  enough.