Re: [pcgen] Re: [TM] Great Improved Turning

    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 8, 2010
      Easy enough -

      pcgen/my_dataset

      my_feats.lst is the file you want to edit

      and then activate the file in the my__campaign.pcc file by removing the
      '#' from in front of 'my_feats.lst'

      then load 'my campaign' found in the 'Homebrew' on the advanced list
      along with your rsrd / 35e data sets.

      Cheers,

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 12, 2010
        Hi Tir,

        Do we need to tracker the LST editor when it's going through a major
        overhaul to fix many outstanding issues?

        Based upon what I've heard, the overhaul should eliminate ALL the
        current issues of -
        Not Saving Proficiencies
        Not Saving certain tags
        Misapplying tags
        Etc.

        Basically, the overhaul will only allow KNOWN tags in the Editor, will
        be validating the syntax, and will be linked with the known code.

      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 12, 2010
          On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:
          > Hi Tir,
          >
          > Do we need to tracker the LST editor when it's going through a major
          > overhaul to fix many outstanding issues?
          >
          > Based upon what I've heard, the overhaul should eliminate ALL the
          > current issues of -
          > Not Saving Proficiencies
          > Not Saving certain tags
          > Misapplying tags
          > Etc.
          >
          > Basically, the overhaul will only allow KNOWN tags in the Editor, will
          > be validating the syntax, and will be linked with the known code.

          I understand that is the goal. I thought we were still tracking the
          stuff to verify the problems were all fixed when done. Something to
          check with James / Code, I guess (flagged message for him.)

          PCGen LST Chimp
        • James Dempsey
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 13, 2010
            Hi Tir,

            On 13/02/2010 9:25 AM Tir Gwaith wrote
            > On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:
            >
            >> Hi Tir,
            >>
            >> Do we need to tracker the LST editor when it's going through a major
            >> overhaul to fix many outstanding issues?
            >>
            >> Based upon what I've heard, the overhaul should eliminate ALL the
            >> current issues of -
            >> Not Saving Proficiencies
            >> Not Saving certain tags
            >> Misapplying tags
            >> Etc.
            >>
            >> Basically, the overhaul will only allow KNOWN tags in the Editor, will
            >> be validating the syntax, and will be linked with the known code.
            >>

            > I understand that is the goal. I thought we were still tracking the
            > stuff to verify the problems were all fixed when done. Something to
            > check with James / Code, I guess (flagged message for him.)

            I think it is worth flagging for a few reasons:
            * It is good to know the deficiencies of the existing editor to avoid
            them for the new one.
            * Having a list of known issues will help our users who may want to know
            what to watch out for if they use the current LST editor.
            * There is a risk that the new LST editor may not be ready in time for
            the 6.0 release - we would want to fix the bugs in the old one for 6.0
            if that were the case.

            So best to log them still please.

            Cheers,
            James Dempsey