Re: [pcgen] Re: [TM] Great Improved Turning

  • Ainvar G
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 6, 2010
      Adam, you find what you seek in the lst docs. I'm not confident enough yet in my coding to try to tell you what the answer is, just where to look. I do know that what you are looking for (the editable files) are lst files and would be loaded by default into the data directory under the PCGen install directory.

      I believe what you want to do is .MOD the existing Improved Turning feat, so if you surf the documentation (which can be found in PCGen by pressing CTL-F1 or clicking on the help menu in the upper right -- at least in Windows) to find out how to go about
      1) creating a custom gamemode (so you can associate the feat file you want to make)
      2) creating that feat file so that it modifies (that's the .MOD you need to look for) the original feat -- Tir's already given you what you need in the file itself, I believe.

      Hopefully a more experienced monkey will happen by and fill in the gaps I'm leaving, but if they don't, you might check out the PCGenListFileHelp group, linked at the bottom of these messages.

      Good luck!

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 8, 2010
        Easy enough -

        pcgen/my_dataset

        my_feats.lst is the file you want to edit

        and then activate the file in the my__campaign.pcc file by removing the
        '#' from in front of 'my_feats.lst'

        then load 'my campaign' found in the 'Homebrew' on the advanced list
        along with your rsrd / 35e data sets.

        Cheers,

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 12, 2010
          Hi Tir,

          Do we need to tracker the LST editor when it's going through a major
          overhaul to fix many outstanding issues?

          Based upon what I've heard, the overhaul should eliminate ALL the
          current issues of -
          Not Saving Proficiencies
          Not Saving certain tags
          Misapplying tags
          Etc.

          Basically, the overhaul will only allow KNOWN tags in the Editor, will
          be validating the syntax, and will be linked with the known code.

        • Tir Gwaith
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 12, 2010
            On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:
            > Hi Tir,
            >
            > Do we need to tracker the LST editor when it's going through a major
            > overhaul to fix many outstanding issues?
            >
            > Based upon what I've heard, the overhaul should eliminate ALL the
            > current issues of -
            > Not Saving Proficiencies
            > Not Saving certain tags
            > Misapplying tags
            > Etc.
            >
            > Basically, the overhaul will only allow KNOWN tags in the Editor, will
            > be validating the syntax, and will be linked with the known code.

            I understand that is the goal. I thought we were still tracking the
            stuff to verify the problems were all fixed when done. Something to
            check with James / Code, I guess (flagged message for him.)

            PCGen LST Chimp
          • James Dempsey
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 13, 2010
              Hi Tir,

              On 13/02/2010 9:25 AM Tir Gwaith wrote
              > On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:
              >
              >> Hi Tir,
              >>
              >> Do we need to tracker the LST editor when it's going through a major
              >> overhaul to fix many outstanding issues?
              >>
              >> Based upon what I've heard, the overhaul should eliminate ALL the
              >> current issues of -
              >> Not Saving Proficiencies
              >> Not Saving certain tags
              >> Misapplying tags
              >> Etc.
              >>
              >> Basically, the overhaul will only allow KNOWN tags in the Editor, will
              >> be validating the syntax, and will be linked with the known code.
              >>

              > I understand that is the goal. I thought we were still tracking the
              > stuff to verify the problems were all fixed when done. Something to
              > check with James / Code, I guess (flagged message for him.)

              I think it is worth flagging for a few reasons:
              * It is good to know the deficiencies of the existing editor to avoid
              them for the new one.
              * Having a list of known issues will help our users who may want to know
              what to watch out for if they use the current LST editor.
              * There is a risk that the new LST editor may not be ready in time for
              the 6.0 release - we would want to fix the bugs in the old one for 6.0
              if that were the case.

              So best to log them still please.

              Cheers,
              James Dempsey