Making items magical

  • josiah70cg
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 5, 2010
      How does one add a magical item, that is not already listed, to the inventory list. An example, I cannot find any sword that is simply an added modifier, such as plain old +4. There are no other special abilities. I know that some things you can just click on and modify it accordingly, but I haven't been able to do so with this. Thanks ahead of time.
    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 5, 2010
        Hi Folks!

        josiah70cg wrote:
        > How does one add a magical item, that is not already listed, to the
        > inventory list. An example, I cannot find any sword that is simply
        > an added modifier, such as plain old +4. There are no other special
        > abilities. I know that some things you can just click on and modify
        > it accordingly, but I haven't been able to do so with this. Thanks
        > ahead of time.

        You need to right-click on the base sword and when the Item Customizer
        pops up add 'Masterwork' to the weapon. That will cause the simple '+'
        enhancements to show up. Simply add '+4' and buy the '+4 Sword'.

        Maredudd
      • josiah70cg
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 6, 2010
          Awesome. That was nice and easy. Thanks again.

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 7, 2010
            Hi folks!

            josiah70cg wrote:
            > Now, one more problem along these lines. This cannot be done with a
            > staff, whether you create afresh or attempt to modify one the +2,+2
            > ones already in the list. How do I overcome this one?

            What version of PCGen are you using and which Gamemode/data sets are
            loaded?

            Maredudd
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 7, 2010
              Hi Josiah,

              A Staff would be incorrect to try and modify; you want to do a Quarterstaff. A Staff to PCGen is not a weapon, ergo no ability to add Enchantments and such to it.

              A Quarterstaff is a Weapon and will accept your attempts.

              Cheers,

              Andrew Maitland

              Now, one more problem along these lines. This cannot be done with a staff, whether you create afresh or attempt to modify one the +2,+2 ones already in the list. How do I overcome this one?

              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "josiah70cg" <josiah70cg@...> wrote:

              > How does one add a magical item, that is not already listed, to the inventory list. An example, I cannot find any sword that is simply an added modifier, such as plain old +4. There are no other special abilities. I know that some things you can just click on and modify it accordingly, but I haven't been able to do so with this. Thanks ahead of time.

              Related Lists
              PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

              Yahoo! Groups Links