Easiest way to add skill points 5.12.1

  • evilded777
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3 6:06 PM
      Using the CMP data sets with 5.12.1 and I want custom skill point totals, basically each character has about 4 more skill points per level.

      What's the easiest way to accomplish this without a lot of mucking about?

      Thanks in advance for any assistance!
    • Paul
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3 7:09 PM
        The very easiest is to allocate the skill points per level, then click on the box that tells you the number of skill points remaining and type in 4. Of course this will cause complications if you need to de-level the character.

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 4 10:34 AM
          When I do that PCGEN always complains, and then I end up with a negative number in that field the next time I open the character.

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <nylanfs@...> wrote:

          > The very easiest is to allocate the skill points per level, then click on the box that tells you the number of skill points remaining and type in 4. Of course this will cause complications if you need to de-level the character.
          >

          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "evilded777" <evilded777@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Using the CMP data sets with 5.12.1 and I want custom skill point totals, basically each character has about 4 more skill points per level.
          > >
          > > What's the easiest way to accomplish this without a lot of mucking about?
          > >
          > > Thanks in advance for any assistance!

        • James Dempsey
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 8 1:06 PM

            The other way to do this would be to create a template that granted the
            extra skill points each level. I have been thinking for a while that we
            should add a few house rule style things like this to the PCGen Open
            Gaming Content set.

            Cheers,
            James Dempsey
            PCGen Code SB