Re: Updated PCGen, whole boatload of errors with custom .lst files!

  • netpotato2001
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 15, 2010
      OK thanks I will do this. I checked the documentation and saw that there might be a conversion process, but found no links to it! I will let you know what remains after I follow these steps.

      > Correct, I misread and thought it was just one dev cycle off...
      >

      > You'll need to go here to get the conversion update steps:
      >
      > http://wiki.pcgen.org/index.php?title=Updating_Homebrew_Sets
      >
      > On 1/15/2010 2:18 AM, karianna03 wrote:
      > > Should the user not go through Barak's script and then the converter?

      > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland<drew0500@> wrote:
      > >
      > >> Hi,
      > >>
      > >> Ditto on what Eric said... Main thing here -
      > >> * Any feat references that were changed to Abilities will continue to
      > >> have errors until those references are fixed
      > >> * Any Feat that was changed to a class ability will only scream once per
      > >> character till the character is saved.
      > >>
      > >> Take a look at the summary and make sure to fix anything it says and the
      > >> character should go back to normal.
      > >>
      > >> You might be able to use the pcgen_convert.jar to fix some of those
      > >> issues... though I'm not 100% certain since I've never had to convert a
      > >> custom file.
      > >>
      > >> Beyond that, you may post specific errors here, and any number of the
      > >> monkeys versed in error code reading can let you know the layman term
      > >> and what you should do to fix it.
      > >>
      > >> Cheers,

      > >> --
      > >>
      > >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      > >> Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
      > >> Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

      > > Related Lists

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >

      > --
      >
      > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

    • netpotato2001
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 15, 2010
        Or I would if the Barak script did not show up as "Document not found". Any other links to this?

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "netpotato2001" <rayman86@...> wrote:

        > OK thanks I will do this. I checked the documentation and saw that there might be a conversion process, but found no links to it! I will let you know what remains after I follow these steps.

        > > Correct, I misread and thought it was just one dev cycle off...
        > >

        > > You'll need to go here to get the conversion update steps:
        > >
        > > http://wiki.pcgen.org/index.php?title=Updating_Homebrew_Sets
        > >
        > > On 1/15/2010 2:18 AM, karianna03 wrote:
        > > > Should the user not go through Barak's script and then the converter?

        > > > Related Lists
        > > > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/
        > > > PCGen's Roadmap: http://wiki.pcgen.org/index.php?title=Roadmap
        > > > PCGen's Online Docs: http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/index.html
        > > > PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs: http://pcgen.akozakis.id.au/autobuilds/download.html

        > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
        > > >

        > > --
        > >
        > > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        > > Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
        > > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 15, 2010

          Yeah that link format only works for around an hour after you see the
          link - not so much help for doco. I've corrected the link to include the
          proper path.

          Cheers,
          James.

          On 16/01/2010 8:22 AM netpotato2001 wrote

          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 15, 2010
            OK so after i run the perl script, i simply load it and it autoconverts or do I have to prompt it to convert somewhere?

            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 15, 2010

              There is a readme in the archive which would be a good starting point.
              The conversion scripts deliberately save the converted data to a
              different location. You can then redo the conversion if there are any
              problems.

              Happy to help on IM - Yahoo james_dempsey_au or IRC #pcgen on
              irc.freenode.net for the next hour or so.

              Cheers,
              James

              On 16/01/2010 8:58 AM netpotato2001 wrote

              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 15, 2010
                Yeah I got that part done. Im referring to the 5.14.x -> 5.16.x, according to the site it is built in to PCGen 5.16.x

                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 15, 2010

                  Yep, if you used the windows install the easiest way to access it is
                  using the Start menu in Windows. Start > All Programs > PCGen > PCGen
                  5.16.2 > Convert Data . Otherwise you can run the batch-convert.jar in
                  the PCGen install folder.

                  Cheers,
                  James.

                  On 16/01/2010 10:38 AM netpotato2001 wrote

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 15, 2010
                    Using it.. does it take a while to do the screen is locked up :)

                    > Yep, if you used the windows install the easiest way to access it is
                    > using the Start menu in Windows. Start > All Programs > PCGen > PCGen
                    > 5.16.2 > Convert Data . Otherwise you can run the batch-convert.jar in
                    > the PCGen install folder.
                    >
                    > Cheers,
                    > James.
                    >
                    > On 16/01/2010 10:38 AM netpotato2001 wrote
                    > > Yeah I got that part done. Im referring to the 5.14.x -> 5.16.x, according to the site it is built in to PCGen 5.16.x
                    > >
                    > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > >> Hi,
                    > >>
                    > >> There is a readme in the archive which would be a good starting point.
                    > >> The conversion scripts deliberately save the converted data to a
                    > >> different location. You can then redo the conversion if there are any
                    > >> problems.
                    > >>
                    > >> Happy to help on IM - Yahoo james_dempsey_au or IRC #pcgen on
                    > >> irc.freenode.net for the next hour or so.
                    > >>
                    > >> Cheers,
                    > >> James
                    > >>
                    > >> On 16/01/2010 8:58 AM netpotato2001 wrote

                    > > ------------------------------------
                    > >
                    > > Related Lists

                    > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • James Dempsey
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 15, 2010

                      It shouldn't take too long. No more than 5 minutes really.

                      Cheers,
                      James.

                      On 16/01/2010 1:56 PM netpotato2001 wrote
                      > Using it.. does it take a while to do the screen is locked up :)

                      >> Hi,
                      >>
                      >> Yep, if you used the windows install the easiest way to access it is
                      >> using the Start menu in Windows. Start > All Programs > PCGen > PCGen
                      >> 5.16.2 > Convert Data . Otherwise you can run the batch-convert.jar in
                      >> the PCGen install folder.
                      >>
                      >> Cheers,
                      >> James.
                      >>
                      >> On 16/01/2010 10:38 AM netpotato2001 wrote
                      >>
                      >>> Yeah I got that part done. Im referring to the 5.14.x -> 5.16.x, according to the site it is built in to PCGen 5.16.x

                    • netpotato2001
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 15, 2010
                        It kept locking up, so I went ahead and manually did them thanks :)

                        > It shouldn't take too long. No more than 5 minutes really.
                        >
                        > Cheers,
                        > James.
                        >
                        > On 16/01/2010 1:56 PM netpotato2001 wrote
                        > > Using it.. does it take a while to do the screen is locked up :)
                        > >
                        > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > >> Hi,
                        > >>
                        > >> Yep, if you used the windows install the easiest way to access it is
                        > >> using the Start menu in Windows. Start > All Programs > PCGen > PCGen
                        > >> 5.16.2 > Convert Data . Otherwise you can run the batch-convert.jar in
                        > >> the PCGen install folder.
                        > >>
                        > >> Cheers,
                        > >> James.
                        > >>
                        > >> On 16/01/2010 10:38 AM netpotato2001 wrote

                      • netpotato2001
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jan 16, 2010
                          All up and running, thanks for the help guys :)