Re: 4th Edition D&D

  • Maredudd
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 11, 2010
      Hello Travis!

      You wrote:

      > I've downloaded the dataset for 4th ed. and am I correct in
      > that it really doesn't have much in it as of right now? Are
      > there plans to flesh this out like all the great datasets available
      > for 3 and 3.5? Has anyone actually gone through and populated
      > all the data themselves?

      PCGen has not received permission to include the 4th Ed data
      in our distribution so unfortunately we will not be doing so.
      The 4th Ed. set has been included to provide a framework upon
      which our users can build their own sets. You can drop by the
      PCGenListFileHelp group here at Yahoo!Groups and get assistance
      and guidance on how to add the data yourself.

      Maredudd
    • Susan Dittmar
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 12, 2010
        Hi Travis,

        > Has anyone actually gone through and populated all the data themselves?

        I cannot actually name anyone -- I personally don't play 4th edition -- but
        from the mails I read I think quite some of the more active people here do
        have personal 4th edition datasets. That's how the framework you looked at
        came to be -- they invested a lot of thoughts into "how *should* coding 4th
        edition be done so we can optimally help". I am sure this framework was
        tested on their personal datasets.

        Before you ask for a copy of the datasets: This list does *not* support any
        form of violating the permissions granted by the copyright holders (Wizard
        of the Coast in this case). Sharing datasets would be such a violation.

        The good news: the folk on the Yahoo group PCGenListFileHelp (see end of
        this and every list mail) are tremendously helpful if you come with
        questions like "I want to code a class ability, name it snufflewoo, which
        grants ..., how would I go about it?"

        Susan