Moving custom data between versions

  • Wayland
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 10, 2010
      Hi, I just downloaded the new version and was wondering if there's an easy way to move my custom templates, feats, items, etc. from the previous version to the new one - for example are they all stored in 1 directory or set of files? Or do I need to recreate them?

      Apologies if this information is documented, I looked around a bit and didn't see it.

      Thanks!

      - Skip
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 10, 2010
        Hi Skip,

        2010/1/11 Wayland <WBA@...>:
        > Hi, I just downloaded the new version and was wondering if there's an easy way to move my custom templates, feats, items, etc. from the previous version to the new one - for example are they all stored in 1 directory or set of files? Or do I need to recreate them?

        Yes you can migrate the custom data, see
        http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/installationpages/upgradepcgen.html
        for details.

        > Apologies if this information is documented, I looked around a bit and didn't see it.

        Not a problem. We have a lot of doco and it cna be hard to dig
        through. Out of interest, where did you look for it? We can then use
        this info to make it easier for future people to find this doco.

        James Dempsey
        PCGen Code SB