Re: Magic-Card sized output sheet

  • karianna03
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 8, 2010
      Well personally I have no problem with this becoming part of the PCGen distro, it certainly sounds useful and we have a rich history of adding user generated sheets.

      We'll have to include some links/guides on how to edit your LaTeX sheet though.

      Please do send in the various bug reports, all useful stuff!

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Susan Dittmar <Susan.Dittmar@...> wrote:

      > Quoting karianna03 (martijnverburg@...):
      > > First quick question, was an existing sheet not fit for this purpose?
      > > We have several small statblock type sheets..
      >
      > Well, it started with me wanting a combination of two or three of the
      > statblock versions -- each of them missing part of what I wanted. (No big
      > things, mind, just minor tweaks.)
      >
      > Next I wanted to condense them as much as possible. They are fine as they
      > are, but -- at least with the browsers I tried -- I did not manage to have
      > them printed as condensed as I wanted them.
      >
      > Next point was my wish to combine all related character sheets into one
      > file, together with my DM notes and everything. I could have included
      > the character sheet as images, but that would have been much more
      > cumbersome than exporting to LaTeX proved to be.
      >
      > Hey, that's one of the things I love with PCGen -- you can easily adapt
      > (nearly) everything to your personal needs. That's what I did.
      > And now I ask if sharing my work with others is worth the effort because I
      > would have to generalize some things I can ignore as long as only I will be
      > using those templates.
      >
      > Btw, after the overhaul I'm doing right now I will probably come back with
      > a bunch of 'bug' reports (rather typo reports) concerning the statblock
      > templates, smoothing out the little problems I encountered while reworking
      > them. But that's still some weeks in the coming.
      >
      > Susan

    • Susan Dittmar
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 8, 2010
        Quoting karianna03 (martijnverburg@...):
        > Well personally I have no problem with this becoming part of the PCGen
        > distro, it certainly sounds useful and we have a rich history of adding
        > user generated sheets.
        >
        > We'll have to include some links/guides on how to edit your LaTeX sheet though.

        Of course!

        The response was not overwhelming, so I will give this low priority, and
        focus on the game I'm making those sheets for instead. So it will take a
        while until they are ready to be shipped.

        > Please do send in the various bug reports, all useful stuff!

        I will. I love PCGen and its community far too much as to not do so.
        But first I need to debug my 'fixes' -- they looked easier than they were.
        I have ideas how to do them, but I still need to test those ideas, and day
        only has 24 hours...

        Susan