Re: Creating a spellbook

  • arjan_van_ginneken
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2010
      I did some digging in the docs and the RSRD files and found the SPELLBOOK tag. I made a class.lst file:

      Sorcerer.MOD SPELLBOOK:YES

      Hoping this would work. But it didn't. Anyone got any suggestions?

      Arjan

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 6, 2010
        There is a way to put actual spells into said Spell book, however, I
        haven't messed with Spellbook stuff in a long time.

        Flagging for Code and Data teams. And moving to pcgen list file help.

        On 1/6/2010 2:00 AM, arjan_van_ginneken wrote:
        > I did some digging in the docs and the RSRD files and found the SPELLBOOK tag. I made a class.lst file:
        >
        > Sorcerer.MOD SPELLBOOK:YES
        >
        > Hoping this would work. But it didn't. Anyone got any suggestions?
        >
        > Arjan
        >
        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "arjan_van_ginneken"<arjan@...> wrote:
        >
        >> Hi all,
        >>
        >> my character has in his a possession a spellbook with 20 pages of spells. He has no way of casting them, since he is not of the wizard class, but I want to record the spellbook properly.
        >>
        >> I started with creating the spellbook:
        >>
        >> My_Spellbook TYPE:Spellbook NUMPAGES:20
        >>
        >> So far so good. That works. But when I try to add spells to the spellbook I hit a snag. It won't let me. I have to choose from spells I have access to. This is fine since I play a Sorcerer and the spells I want to add are also on the Sorcerer spelllist. But when I try to add the spell I get a message which says: "Sorcerer can only add to Known Spells". This message doesn't show up when adding a spell as a Paladin or Cleric although they don't cast from spellbook either as far as I know.
        >>
        >> Right. To the point. Is it possible to add spells to a wizard spellbook when not a wizard? And if so, how?
        >>
        >> Thanx,
        >> Arjan

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin