Re: BUG

  • karianna03
    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 6, 2010
      What version of PCGen was this in?

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "jhm" <jhmunlimited@...> wrote:

      > hello all just wanted to inform you of a bug i discovered when i loaded up the core resource files for msrd basics, future, menaces and arcana. i am not totally sure what the error codes mean but here they are...
    • jhm
      Message 2 of 23 , Jan 20, 2010
        This is 5.16.1 loading the unmodified source files for MSRD Complete. From what I can tell it's not really causing any problems with the program or anything I have tried to do with it, but I wanted to bring it to the community's attention. I believe it might have something to do with the coding in some of the *.lst files, though I'm not really sure.

        Message 3 of 23 , Jan 28, 2010
          *bump*

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "jhm" <jhmunlimited@...> wrote:

          > This is 5.16.1 loading the unmodified source files for MSRD Complete. From what I can tell it's not really causing any problems with the program or anything I have tried to do with it, but I wanted to bring it to the community's attention. I believe it might have something to do with the coding in some of the *.lst files, though I'm not really sure.
          >
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <martijnverburg@> wrote:
          > >
          > > What version of PCGen was this in?

          > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "jhm" <jhmunlimited@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > hello all just wanted to inform you of a bug i discovered when i loaded up the core resource files for msrd basics, future, menaces and arcana. i am not totally sure what the error codes mean but here they are...

        • Tir Gwaith
          Message 4 of 23 , Jan 28, 2010
            Since I just went to the website to DL 5.17.1 for a clean install, I
            noticed that pcgen.sourceforge.net, under Option 2. Download Alpha
            Releases, only lists the Release Candidates for 5.16.... 5.17 is
            missing there.

            I can't reproduce, using 5.16.2 or 5.17.1. It looks like some of the
            tabs in the files are being read as spaces.

            futureequipment_weapons_ranged.lst:
            Concussion Rifle has DAMAGE:2d6+Special, but since DAMAGE is a text
            entry only, that makes no sense for the error report. And no, I
            didn't see it. So maybe it is something with an Output sheet or GMGen
            that is trying to do something? Same thing would be happening with
            the Mini-Grenade Launcher and Mini-Rocket Launcher, which have
            DAMAGE:varies

            PRERACE bits on equipment. Didn't see the error, but from the report,
            it's yelling about the VFEAT tags, that should support PRERACE....
            Tom would have to comment on that.

            Tir Gwaith
            PCGen LST Chimp

            On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 9:46 PM, karianna03 <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
            > *bump*
            >
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "jhm" <jhmunlimited@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> This is 5.16.1 loading the unmodified source files for MSRD Complete. From what I can tell it's not really causing any problems with the program or anything I have tried to do with it, but I wanted to bring it to the community's attention. I believe it might have something to do with the coding in some of the *.lst files, though I'm not really sure.
            >>
            >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <martijnverburg@> wrote:
            >> >
            >> > What version of PCGen was this in?

            > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

          • karianna03
            Message 5 of 23 , Jan 31, 2010
              Hi all,

              > Since I just went to the website to DL 5.17.1 for a clean install, I
              > noticed that pcgen.sourceforge.net, under Option 2. Download
              > Alpha Releases, only lists the Release Candidates for 5.16.... 5.17 is
              > missing there.

              I won't be able to correct this until I get back to London in early March, if someone else can update this in the mean time that would be great.

              As for the rest *Bump*

              > I can't reproduce, using 5.16.2 or 5.17.1. It looks like some of the
              > tabs in the files are being read as spaces.
              >
              > futureequipment_weapons_ranged.lst:
              > Concussion Rifle has DAMAGE:2d6+Special, but since DAMAGE is a
              > text
              > entry only, that makes no sense for the error report. And no, I
              > didn't see it. So maybe it is something with an Output sheet or GMGen
              > that is trying to do something? Same thing would be happening with
              > the Mini-Grenade Launcher and Mini-Rocket Launcher, which have
              > DAMAGE:varies
              >
              > PRERACE bits on equipment. Didn't see the error, but from the report,
              > it's yelling about the VFEAT tags, that should support PRERACE....
              > Tom would have to comment on that.
              >

              > Tir Gwaith
              > PCGen LST Chimp
              >

              > On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 9:46 PM, karianna03 <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
              > > *bump*
              > >
              > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "jhm" <jhmunlimited@> wrote:
              > >>
              > >> This is 5.16.1 loading the unmodified source files for MSRD Complete. From what I can tell it's not really causing any problems with the program or anything I have tried to do with it, but I wanted to bring it to the community's attention. I believe it might have something to do with the coding in some of the *.lst files, though I'm not really sure.

              > > ------------------------------------
              > >
              > > Related Lists

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • karianna03
              Message 6 of 23 , May 27, 2010
                Hi all,

                So I've made the downloads sort of work in that the various 5.17.x Alphas are now there, but the display isn't fantastic and the PHP code is hideous. I plan to tidy up both of those this weekend.

                Message 7 of 23 , May 27, 2010

                  I thought we had a tracker for that. I had assigned it to one of the
                  newbie lst monkeys, and then I finally did it after not hearing back for
                  a long time...

                  This should have been dealt with a long time ago.

                  On 5/27/2010 5:04 AM, karianna03 wrote:
                  > Hi all,
                  >
                  > So I've made the downloads sort of work in that the various 5.17.x Alphas are now there, but the display isn't fantastic and the PHP code is hideous. I plan to tidy up both of those this weekend.

                  > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03"<martijnverburg@...> wrote:
                  >
                  >> Hi all,
                  >>

                  >>> Since I just went to the website to DL 5.17.1 for a clean install, I
                  >>> noticed that pcgen.sourceforge.net, under Option 2. Download
                  >>> Alpha Releases, only lists the Release Candidates for 5.16.... 5.17 is
                  >>> missing there.
                  >>>
                  >> I won't be able to correct this until I get back to London in early March, if someone else can update this in the mean time that would be great.
                  >>
                  >> As for the rest *Bump*

                  >>> I can't reproduce, using 5.16.2 or 5.17.1. It looks like some of the
                  >>> tabs in the files are being read as spaces.
                  >>>
                  >>> futureequipment_weapons_ranged.lst:
                  >>> Concussion Rifle has DAMAGE:2d6+Special, but since DAMAGE is a
                  >>> text
                  >>> entry only, that makes no sense for the error report. And no, I
                  >>> didn't see it. So maybe it is something with an Output sheet or GMGen
                  >>> that is trying to do something? Same thing would be happening with
                  >>> the Mini-Grenade Launcher and Mini-Rocket Launcher, which have
                  >>> DAMAGE:varies
                  >>>
                  >>> PRERACE bits on equipment. Didn't see the error, but from the report,
                  >>> it's yelling about the VFEAT tags, that should support PRERACE....
                  >>> Tom would have to comment on that.
                  >>>

                  >>> Tir Gwaith
                  >>> PCGen LST Chimp

                  > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

                  PCGen Board of Directors, Admin Silverback
                  Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                  Message 8 of 23 , May 27, 2010

                    Yup, here is the tracker -
                    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2879652&group_id=25576&atid=750091

                    Message 9 of 23 , May 27, 2010
                      It's PHP code, the old RSS feed no longer carried the data we wanted, the new RSS feed has a different structure, so I very quickly hacked the PHP so that there was some sort of a link.

                      But boy is it _bad_ code.

                      I'm aiming to make it at least reasonable this weekend

                      > I thought we had a tracker for that. I had assigned it to one of the
                      > newbie lst monkeys, and then I finally did it after not hearing back for
                      > a long time...
                      >
                      > This should have been dealt with a long time ago.
                      >

                      > On 5/27/2010 5:04 AM, karianna03 wrote:
                      > > Hi all,
                      > >
                      > > So I've made the downloads sort of work in that the various 5.17.x Alphas are now there, but the display isn't fantastic and the PHP code is hideous. I plan to tidy up both of those this weekend.

                      > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03"<martijnverburg@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > >> Hi all,

                      > >> I won't be able to correct this until I get back to London in early March, if someone else can update this in the mean time that would be great.
                      > >>
                      > >> As for the rest *Bump*

                      > > Related Lists

                      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                      > >

                      > --
                      > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                      > PCGen Board of Directors, Admin Silverback
                      > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                    • karianna03
                      Message 10 of 23 , May 29, 2010
                        Code is now somewhat nice, as is the display, complaints can come to the complaints department (run by Ninja Monkeys)