[BUG]

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 21 , Jan 1, 2010
      Hi Folks and I hope this note finds everyone having had a wonderful
      holiday season!

      While prepping for a game for this weekend I have run across a bug in
      the RSRD Treasure Kits.

      It seems that the OPTION range values have incorrect values. Or at
      least the one I examined did and as I picked it at randome I will
      assume that the error exists in other locations as well.

      Specifically, if you look at the Treasure Table Coins CR10 includes
      the following:

      STARTPACK:Treasure Table Coins
      CR10 TYPE:Treasure VISIBLE:YES APPLY:INSTANT EQUIPBUY:0
      SELECT:roll("1d100")
      GEAR:Coin (Silver) QTY:roll("2d10")*1000 OPTION:11,24
      GEAR:Coin (Gold) QTY:roll("6d4")*100 OPTION:35,79
      GEAR:Coin (Platinum) QTY:roll("5d6")*10 OPTION:86,100

      Per the 3.5 SRD it should read as follows:

      STARTPACK:Treasure Table Coins
      CR10 TYPE:Treasure VISIBLE:YES APPLY:INSTANT EQUIPBUY:0
      SELECT:roll("1d100")
      GEAR:Coin (Silver) QTY:roll("2d10")*1000 OPTION:11,24
      GEAR:Coin (Gold) QTY:roll("6d4")*100 OPTION:25,79
      GEAR:Coin (Platinum) QTY:roll("5d6")*10 OPTION:80,100

      I have tracker this particular issue.

      Additionally, I have noticed that the treasure that is generated isn't
      as random as I would expect.

      I have created a half dozen Trolls, of both normal and Scrag, and
      applied the Standard Treasure CR5 kit. All critters consistently
      recieved Gold of varying quantities and ALWAYS received Small Full-
      Plate.

      I am using the following:
      Mac running OSX 10.5.8
      PCGen 5.16.2
      RSRD loaded

      Can someone create a troll and apply the 'Treasure Standard CR5' kit
      and post the results?

      Thanks!

      Maredudd