[Data][BUG] Cold Special Ability with DR/Cold Iron?

  • herzogaldilkassach
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2009
      When creating a Pixie character, I suddenly noticed a 'Cold (ex)' ability (special quality) popping up.

      Checking the .lst files, the same ability is added for the other Sprites, as well as several demons (devils?) that have a DR x/Cold Iron.

      The 'Cold' ability itself is an empty ability (no description or anything besides the name) that I haven't been able to find anywhere in the sourcebooks or SRD.

      Is this a data bug?
    • herzogaldilkassach
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 31, 2009
        NB: using PCGen 5.16.2, SRD35
      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 31, 2009
          herzogaldilkassach scribed:

          > When creating a Pixie character, I suddenly noticed a 'Cold (ex)' ability
          > (special quality) popping up.
          >
          > Checking the .lst files, the same ability is added for the other Sprites, as
          > well as several demons (devils?) that have a DR x/Cold Iron.
          >
          > The 'Cold' ability itself is an empty ability (no description or anything
          > besides the name) that I haven't been able to find anywhere in the sourcebooks
          > or SRD.
          >
          > Is this a data bug?

          It's a data bug that the Pixie has this, some creatures like the Frost Worm
          have this ability which means their attacks deal extra Cold damage on
          successful hits.

          Trackered:
           2924223 [RSRD] Pixie should not have Cold (Ex) ability.
          <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2924223&group_id=25576&ati
          d=750091>
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)