Re: [pcgen] Magic Vestment on Both Armor and Shield?

  • Ainvar G
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 24, 2009
      Is there already something in place for Armor Bonus to this effect? If I follow the reasoning, you would need it, also, correct?

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 24, 2009
        Correct, we'd need another for the Armor as well. I'm at work so I'm some times rushed or distracted. Nothing like holding a conversation, paying attention to two radios and the regular radio station while trying to compose an email. ;P

        - Andrew (At Work)

        ________________________________

        ____________ _________ _________ __

        ------------ --------- --------- ------

        Related Lists
        PCGen's release site: http://pcgen. sourceforge. net
        PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki. pcgen.org/
        PCGen's Roadmap: http://wiki. pcgen.org/ index.php? title=Roadmap
        PCGen's alpha build: http://pcgen. sourceforge. net/07_autobuild s.php
        PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs: http://pcgen. akozakis. id.au/autobuilds /download. html

        PCGen List File Help: http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ PCGenListFileHel p/

        PCGen Experimental: http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ pcgen_experiment al/
        Yahoo! Groups Links

        ------------------------------------

        Related Lists

        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 24, 2009
          No worries, just trying to remedy my ignorance in the most direct method possible -- asking the experts.

          ________________________________

          PCGen's Online Docs: http://pcgen- test.org/ autobuilds/ pcgen-docs/ index.html

          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 24, 2009
            Ignorance or clarification?  I'd prefer clarification, since that's how it came across to me. You spotted an apparent defiency, asked a clarifying question and was answered. ;)  Which is good, you're paying attention and caught my lack of complete reply. Works for me.

            - Andrew (t-minus 6 hours and 10 minutes till he's no longer at work)

            ________________________________
[...]

          • Stefan Radermacher
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 24, 2009
              In the end, magical bonuses on magic armor and shields work in exactly
              the same way, they are enhancement bonuses that increase the actual
              armor and shield bonus, and no one would say that the magic bonuses of
              armor +1 and shield +1 wouldn't stack, I think.

              We need to take note however that an enhancement bonus from magic
              vestment would not, if fact, stack with an enhancement bonus that the
              armor or shield has by itself.

              The rule is, enhancement is never a bonus type in itself, but an
              increase to a certain type of bonus. Another example is natural armor.
              Most spells and effects that grant natural armor, in fact, grant an
              enhancement bonus to natural armor, thus they stack with natural armor a
              creature might have on its own. Two such effects would, however, not
              stack with one another, as they are both enhancement bonuses to the
              natural armor bonus.

              Regards,
              Stefan.