Re: [pcgen] Re: [Pathfinder][TM][FREQ]Initial skill count incorrect for wizard

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 17, 2009
      D'oh, these two topics were so similar I replied to it incorrectly.

      My apologies. The retroactive skills gain does not currently work in
      PCGen as this is a new mechanic introduced in the Pathfinder Game System.

      I'm not sure if this has a FREQ tracker or not... I'll flag it for a TM.
      (Or I'll do it when I get settled at work tomorrow)

      TM FREQ - Intelligence increase/decrease should be retroactive for
      Pathfinder Gamemode

      On 12/17/2009 9:25 PM, Andrew Maitland wrote:

      > On 12/17/2009 11:28 AM, ainvarg wrote:
      >
      >> OK, so instead of being long one skill point, I'm short two skill points. Noted.
      >>

      > That is one work around. The first point isn't triggering the chooser,
      > once you hit the 2nd rank it's triggering correctly. You may also do
      > what the other user suggested and that is add the rank and then go to
      > the other tab to add the language with the 'Skill' button for languages.
      >
      > Again, this is a known issue and hopefully a fix will come soon.
      >
      >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Saxum Caribetum<saxum.caribetum@...> wrote:

      >>> Pathfinder RPG contradicts you:
      >>> see page 555, end of "Ability Score Bonuses", sub-section "Permanent
      >>> bonuses"
      >>>
      >>> "Ability bonuses with a duration greater than 1 day actually increase
      >>> the relevant ability score after 24 hours. Modify all skills and
      >>> statistics related to that ability. This might cause you to gain skill
      >>> points, hit points, and other bonuses."
      >>>
      >>> This applies both to magical bonuses (which might be removed) and
      >>> intrinsic bonuses such as from level gains.
      >>>
      >>> It's one of the design changes of Pathfinder to simplify chargen -- you
      >>> can apply bonuses or skill points in any order, and get the same result,
      >>> as the points are back-dated for all levels.
      >>>
      >>> Note: PCGen does not properly implement this yet
      >>> Note: the Pathfinder rule contradicts earlier rules in DND 3.0/3.5
      >>>
      >>> --
      >>> Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
      >>> ArM Code 1.5 5++ Ca++ R++p H++ ?L Y(96) T(5)- SG+++ G++++ P++ HoH(Ma++ Q+ Hg+) Fz(E)++ C++ :-) Cd++
      >>> Saga site at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/saxum.caribetum/
      >>> Sub Rosa Ars Magica zine - http://www.subrosamagazine.org/

      >> Related Lists
      >> PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/