Re: [pcgen] Fantasycraft support

    Message 1 of 28 , Dec 3, 2009
      It's global across the board. Individual skill support would either need code work or could be done in data but that would be a lot of work around... still doable if you really wanted it...

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 28 , Dec 3, 2009
        With the sheer number of products we are releasing for FC, then FC support
        would be favorable for BPI.

        On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 8:41 PM, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:

        > It's global across the board. Individual skill support would either need
        > code work or could be done in data but that would be a lot of work around...
        > still doable if you really wanted it...
        >
        > ________________________________

        Jonathan M. Thompson
        Battlefield Press, Inc (www.battlefieldpress.com) / Solar Flare Productions

        jthompson@...
        d20 Magazine Rack (www.d20zines.com)
        thompsonjm@...
        In Development: (2009) Gaslight Victorian Fantasy (OGL/Savage Worlds),
        (2010) Fantastic World (Ubiquity), Terran Trade Authority (MGT) |
        "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it
        we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan

      • red_eyed_antipaladin
        Message 3 of 28 , Dec 3, 2009
          Eddy, it's been a few years, so my memory grows dim. What was the reason we discontinued the Psycraft set? Code limitations, or the publisher's wishes? If the latter, what are our chances of getting permission for FC?

          Message 4 of 28 , Dec 3, 2009
            Sorry, that should obviously have read 'Spycraft'. The keyboard gremlins are out in force today.

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "red_eyed_antipaladin" <alreadydamned@...> wrote:

            > Eddy, it's been a few years, so my memory grows dim. What was the reason we discontinued the Psycraft set? Code limitations, or the publisher's wishes? If the latter, what are our chances of getting permission for FC?
            >
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Thompson <thompsonjm@> wrote:
            > >
            > > With the sheer number of products we are releasing for FC, then FC support
            > > would be favorable for BPI.

          • Eddy Anthony
            Message 5 of 28 , Dec 3, 2009
              I'd prefer not to disclose details in order to keep the trust I hope we have
              earned with the publishers, we have always had a policy of honoring
              publishers wishes and this case was no different. I don't know about
              FantasyCraft, we've not spoken with Crafty since it was released but I've
              asked our Publisher Liaison, Eric Smith, to see if he could check in with
              them.

              I'd be interested to know how many on this list would use a FantasyCraft
              dataset if one were available?

              Michael Swadling scribed:

              --
              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp
              ~ Outputsheet Tamarin & Mac build guru
            • John Carrington
              Message 6 of 28 , Dec 4, 2009
                I would definitely be interested in a Fantasy Craft data set - huge help
                in character generation.

                AJC

                On 12/3/2009 10:53 PM, Eddy Anthony wrote:
                > I'd prefer not to disclose details in order to keep the trust I hope we have
                > earned with the publishers, we have always had a policy of honoring
                > publishers wishes and this case was no different. I don't know about
                > FantasyCraft, we've not spoken with Crafty since it was released but I've
                > asked our Publisher Liaison, Eric Smith, to see if he could check in with
                > them.
                >
                > I'd be interested to know how many on this list would use a FantasyCraft
                > dataset if one were available?
                >
                > Michael Swadling scribed
              • red_eyed_antipaladin
                Message 7 of 28 , Jan 11, 2010
                  Hi Eddy/Eric,

                  Any further word on this project?

                  Thanks,

                  Michael

                  > I'd prefer not to disclose details in order to keep the trust I hope we have
                  > earned with the publishers, we have always had a policy of honoring
                  > publishers wishes and this case was no different. I don't know about
                  > FantasyCraft, we've not spoken with Crafty since it was released but I've
                  > asked our Publisher Liaison, Eric Smith, to see if he could check in with
                  > them.
                  >
                  > I'd be interested to know how many on this list would use a FantasyCraft
                  > dataset if one were available?
                  >
                  > Michael Swadling scribed:
                  >
                  > > Eddy, it's been a few years, so my memory grows dim. What was the reason we
                  > > discontinued the Psycraft set? Code limitations, or the publisher's wishes? If
                  > > the latter, what are our chances of getting permission for FC?
                  > >
                  > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Thompson <thompsonjm@> wrote:
                  > >>
                  > >> With the sheer number of products we are releasing for FC, then FC support
                  > >> would be favorable for BPI.
                  >
                  > --
                  > ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                  > ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp
                  > ~ Outputsheet Tamarin & Mac build guru

                • Hollis McCray
                  Message 8 of 28 , Jan 14, 2010
                    On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 11:55 PM, red_eyed_antipaladin
                    <alreadydamned@...> wrote:

                    > Hi Eddy/Eric,
                    >
                    > Any further word on this project?

                    On a related topic, has there ever been any thought as to Mutants &
                    Masterminds support? Or would that require a separate program?

                    --
                    Hollis McCray
                    Mutant Registration Number #US2002023904

                    Warning: Proximity to this individual may expose you to the following RPGs:
                    Fate: http://www.faterpg.com
                    Mutants & Masterminds: http://www.mutantsandmasterminds.com
                    Swashbucklers of the Seven Skies: http://www.7skies.net/
                    Please visit these websites in order to protect yourself.
                  • Eric C Smith
                    Message 9 of 28 , Jan 14, 2010
                      Hello Michael,

                      We do not have any new information for this product.

                      ~ Eric C Smith (Maredudd)
                      ~ Documentation 2nd, Data Gibbon
                      ~ PL Chimp, OGL Gibbon
                      ~ Tracker Gibbon, Website Tamarin