Re: [pcgen] Fantasycraft support

    Message 1 of 28 , Dec 3, 2009

      I can't answer the first portion, but the Max Skill Ranks aren't as hardcoded as is believed. You may add a variable to the gamemode which will allow you to change the max rank for a certain character.

      - Andrew

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 28 , Dec 3, 2009
        Andrew Maitland scribed:

        > I can't answer the first portion, but the Max Skill Ranks aren't as hardcoded
        > as is believed. You may add a variable to the gamemode which will allow you to
        > change the max rank for a certain character.

        Per skill or for all skills?

        The feature needed for Spycraft was the ability to add ranks beyond the max
        ranks for specific skills.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp
        Message 3 of 28 , Dec 3, 2009
          It's global across the board. Individual skill support would either need code work or could be done in data but that would be a lot of work around... still doable if you really wanted it...

          ________________________________

          ------------------------------------

          Related Lists
          PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Jonathan Thompson
          Message 4 of 28 , Dec 3, 2009
            With the sheer number of products we are releasing for FC, then FC support
            would be favorable for BPI.

            On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 8:41 PM, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:

            > It's global across the board. Individual skill support would either need
            > code work or could be done in data but that would be a lot of work around...
            > still doable if you really wanted it...
            >
            > ________________________________

            Jonathan M. Thompson
            Battlefield Press, Inc (www.battlefieldpress.com) / Solar Flare Productions

            jthompson@...
            d20 Magazine Rack (www.d20zines.com)
            thompsonjm@...
            In Development: (2009) Gaslight Victorian Fantasy (OGL/Savage Worlds),
            (2010) Fantastic World (Ubiquity), Terran Trade Authority (MGT) |
            "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it
            we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan

          • red_eyed_antipaladin
            Message 5 of 28 , Dec 3, 2009
              Eddy, it's been a few years, so my memory grows dim. What was the reason we discontinued the Psycraft set? Code limitations, or the publisher's wishes? If the latter, what are our chances of getting permission for FC?

              Message 6 of 28 , Dec 3, 2009
                Sorry, that should obviously have read 'Spycraft'. The keyboard gremlins are out in force today.

                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "red_eyed_antipaladin" <alreadydamned@...> wrote:

                > Eddy, it's been a few years, so my memory grows dim. What was the reason we discontinued the Psycraft set? Code limitations, or the publisher's wishes? If the latter, what are our chances of getting permission for FC?
                >
                > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Thompson <thompsonjm@> wrote:
                > >
                > > With the sheer number of products we are releasing for FC, then FC support
                > > would be favorable for BPI.

              • Eddy Anthony
                Message 7 of 28 , Dec 3, 2009
                  I'd prefer not to disclose details in order to keep the trust I hope we have
                  earned with the publishers, we have always had a policy of honoring
                  publishers wishes and this case was no different. I don't know about
                  FantasyCraft, we've not spoken with Crafty since it was released but I've
                  asked our Publisher Liaison, Eric Smith, to see if he could check in with
                  them.

                  I'd be interested to know how many on this list would use a FantasyCraft
                  dataset if one were available?

                  Michael Swadling scribed:

                  --
                  ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                  ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp
                  ~ Outputsheet Tamarin & Mac build guru
                • John Carrington
                  Message 8 of 28 , Dec 4, 2009
                    I would definitely be interested in a Fantasy Craft data set - huge help
                    in character generation.

                    AJC

                    On 12/3/2009 10:53 PM, Eddy Anthony wrote:
                    > I'd prefer not to disclose details in order to keep the trust I hope we have
                    > earned with the publishers, we have always had a policy of honoring
                    > publishers wishes and this case was no different. I don't know about
                    > FantasyCraft, we've not spoken with Crafty since it was released but I've
                    > asked our Publisher Liaison, Eric Smith, to see if he could check in with
                    > them.
                    >
                    > I'd be interested to know how many on this list would use a FantasyCraft
                    > dataset if one were available?
                    >
                    > Michael Swadling scribed
                  • red_eyed_antipaladin
                    Message 9 of 28 , Jan 11, 2010
                      Hi Eddy/Eric,

                      Any further word on this project?

                      Thanks,

                      Michael

                      > I'd prefer not to disclose details in order to keep the trust I hope we have
                      > earned with the publishers, we have always had a policy of honoring
                      > publishers wishes and this case was no different. I don't know about
                      > FantasyCraft, we've not spoken with Crafty since it was released but I've
                      > asked our Publisher Liaison, Eric Smith, to see if he could check in with
                      > them.
                      >
                      > I'd be interested to know how many on this list would use a FantasyCraft
                      > dataset if one were available?
                      >
                      > Michael Swadling scribed:
                      >
                      > > Eddy, it's been a few years, so my memory grows dim. What was the reason we
                      > > discontinued the Psycraft set? Code limitations, or the publisher's wishes? If
                      > > the latter, what are our chances of getting permission for FC?
                      > >
                      > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Thompson <thompsonjm@> wrote:
                      > >>
                      > >> With the sheer number of products we are releasing for FC, then FC support
                      > >> would be favorable for BPI.
                      >
                      > --
                      > ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                      > ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp
                      > ~ Outputsheet Tamarin & Mac build guru

                    • Hollis McCray
                      Message 10 of 28 , Jan 14, 2010
                        On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 11:55 PM, red_eyed_antipaladin
                        <alreadydamned@...> wrote:

                        > Hi Eddy/Eric,
                        >
                        > Any further word on this project?

                        On a related topic, has there ever been any thought as to Mutants &
                        Masterminds support? Or would that require a separate program?

                        --
                        Hollis McCray
                        Mutant Registration Number #US2002023904

                        Warning: Proximity to this individual may expose you to the following RPGs:
                        Fate: http://www.faterpg.com
                        Mutants & Masterminds: http://www.mutantsandmasterminds.com
                        Swashbucklers of the Seven Skies: http://www.7skies.net/
                        Please visit these websites in order to protect yourself.
                      • Eric C Smith
                        Message 11 of 28 , Jan 14, 2010
                          Hello Michael,

                          We do not have any new information for this product.

                          ~ Eric C Smith (Maredudd)
                          ~ Documentation 2nd, Data Gibbon
                          ~ PL Chimp, OGL Gibbon
                          ~ Tracker Gibbon, Website Tamarin