Re: [pcgen] Spells, feats and .MOD

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2009
      On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 5:47 AM, arjan_van_ginneken
      <arjan@...> wrote:
      > I'm trying to mod a existing feat, lets call it Super Attack, to give a special ability which must show up under the Special Attack heading in an Output Sheet for easy reference. I cannot get this to work.
      >
      > I tried this:
      > Feat.lst
      > Super Attack.MOD

      Remove:
      > SAB:Super Attack

      Add:
      ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Super Attack

      Better place for these questions is the PCGenListFileHelp group. You
      can generally get a faster response there. :)

      Tir Gwaith
      PCGen LST Chimp
    • arjan_van_ginneken
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2009
        Joy! That works. Shoulda known that. Thanx Tir. Is SAB depreciated by the way?

        ListFileHelp, yeah. I'm always doubting where to put the question.

        Thanx.
        Arjan

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 2, 2009
          SA is deprecated.
          SAB still works.

          Ability is the new thing and is essentially replacing SA/SAB.

          - Andrew

          ________________________________
          Joy! That works. Shoulda known that. Thanx Tir. Is SAB depreciated by the way?

          ListFileHelp, yeah. I'm always doubting where to put the question.

          Thanx.
          Arjan

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Tir Gwaith <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:

          > On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 5:47 AM, arjan_van_ginneken
          > <arjan@...> wrote:
          > > I'm trying to mod a existing feat, lets call it Super Attack, to give a special ability which must show up under the Special Attack heading in an Output Sheet for easy reference. I cannot get this to work.
          > >
          > > I tried this:
          > > Feat.lst
          > > Super Attack.MOD
          >
          > Remove:
          > > SAB:Super Attack
          >
          > Add:
          > ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Super Attack
          >

          > Better place for these questions is the PCGenListFileHelp group.  You
          > can generally get a faster response there. :)
          >
          > Tir Gwaith
          > PCGen LST Chimp

          ------------------------------------

          Related Lists
          PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 2, 2009
            arjan_van_ginneken wrote:
            > Joy! That works. Shoulda known that. Thanx Tir. Is SAB depreciated by the way?

            We are moving SAB tags to full ability objects in the official data but
            SAB will not be deprecated. We're continuing support for SAB for those
            users who still want to utilize it, it's much simpler to use than
            ability objects.

            --
            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 2, 2009

              > We are moving SAB tags to full ability objects in the official data but
              > SAB will not be deprecated. We're continuing support for SAB for those
              > users who still want to utilize it, it's much simpler to use than
              > ability objects.

              True, but still. What I wanted to do worked with the Ability tags but not with SAB. Some coding ahead me thinks.

              Arjan