Spells, feats and .MOD

  • arjan_van_ginneken
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2009
      I'm trying to mod a existing feat, lets call it Super Attack, to give a special ability which must show up under the Special Attack heading in an Output Sheet for easy reference. I cannot get this to work.

      I tried this:
      Feat.lst
      Super Attack.MOD
      SAB:Super Attack

      Abilities.lst
      Super Attack
      CATEGORY:Special Ability
      TYPE:SpecialAttack.AttackOption
      DESC:Stuff happens
      VISIBLE:YES

      The special ability winds up on the OS under Special Abilities and not under Special Attacks.

      Refering to the doc this should work. What an I doing wrong?

      Related question. Is it possible to get a spell to give a special ability as soon as it is memorised/known? For basically the same reason. This is no biggy, I could go around this by letting the character select a hidden feat. But it would be nice.

      Thanx,
      Arjan
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2009
        On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 5:47 AM, arjan_van_ginneken
        <arjan@...> wrote:
        > I'm trying to mod a existing feat, lets call it Super Attack, to give a special ability which must show up under the Special Attack heading in an Output Sheet for easy reference. I cannot get this to work.
        >
        > I tried this:
        > Feat.lst
        > Super Attack.MOD

        Remove:
        > SAB:Super Attack

        Add:
        ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Super Attack

        Better place for these questions is the PCGenListFileHelp group. You
        can generally get a faster response there. :)

        Tir Gwaith
        PCGen LST Chimp
      • arjan_van_ginneken
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 2, 2009
          Joy! That works. Shoulda known that. Thanx Tir. Is SAB depreciated by the way?

          ListFileHelp, yeah. I'm always doubting where to put the question.

          Thanx.
          Arjan

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 2, 2009
            SA is deprecated.
            SAB still works.

            Ability is the new thing and is essentially replacing SA/SAB.

            - Andrew

            ________________________________
            Joy! That works. Shoulda known that. Thanx Tir. Is SAB depreciated by the way?

            ListFileHelp, yeah. I'm always doubting where to put the question.

            Thanx.
            Arjan

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Tir Gwaith <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:

            > On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 5:47 AM, arjan_van_ginneken
            > <arjan@...> wrote:
            > > I'm trying to mod a existing feat, lets call it Super Attack, to give a special ability which must show up under the Special Attack heading in an Output Sheet for easy reference. I cannot get this to work.
            > >
            > > I tried this:
            > > Feat.lst
            > > Super Attack.MOD
            >
            > Remove:
            > > SAB:Super Attack
            >
            > Add:
            > ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Super Attack
            >

            > Better place for these questions is the PCGenListFileHelp group.  You
            > can generally get a faster response there. :)
            >
            > Tir Gwaith
            > PCGen LST Chimp

            ------------------------------------

            Related Lists
            PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Eddy Anthony
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 2, 2009
              arjan_van_ginneken wrote:
              > Joy! That works. Shoulda known that. Thanx Tir. Is SAB depreciated by the way?

              We are moving SAB tags to full ability objects in the official data but
              SAB will not be deprecated. We're continuing support for SAB for those
              users who still want to utilize it, it's much simpler to use than
              ability objects.

              --
              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 2, 2009

                > We are moving SAB tags to full ability objects in the official data but
                > SAB will not be deprecated. We're continuing support for SAB for those
                > users who still want to utilize it, it's much simpler to use than
                > ability objects.

                True, but still. What I wanted to do worked with the Ability tags but not with SAB. Some coding ahead me thinks.

                Arjan