OS: Fiddling with skills output

  • arjan_van_ginneken
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2009

      I've delved into the world of Output Sheets. I'm modifying the fantasy_master_std.sxlt to satisfy my needs. Which basically means reshuffling some tables around and removing and adding some page-breaks.

      All is going well but I would like to add one feature if that is possible. In PCGen itself I set the Skills tab to not include untrained or any other skill. This makes it easier to manage skillpoints I find. On output sheets I like to include untrained skills. Unfortunately the skills exported are linked to the settings in the skills tabs. Which means I always get it wrong the first time.

      I've been digging in the skills section of the xslt but couldn't find any reference to this setting. My question, Is there a simple way to break the link between the skills tab and the output sheet and have the output sheet always display trained and untrained skills (not all skills)?

      Thanx,
      Arjan
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2009
        On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 4:00 AM, arjan_van_ginneken
        <arjan@...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I've delved into the world of Output Sheets. I'm modifying the fantasy_master_std.sxlt to satisfy my needs. Which basically means reshuffling some tables around and removing and adding some page-breaks.
        >
        > All is going well but I would like to add one feature if that is possible. In PCGen itself I set the Skills tab to not include untrained or any other skill. This makes it easier to manage skillpoints I find. On output sheets I like to include untrained skills. Unfortunately the skills exported are linked to the settings in the skills tabs. Which means I always get it wrong the first time.
        >
        > I've been digging in the skills section of the xslt but couldn't find any reference to this setting. My question, Is there a simple way to break the link between the skills tab and the output sheet and have the output sheet always display trained and untrained skills (not all skills)?

        Preferences has a selection. You can set Trained, Untrained, or Use
        preference from Skill tab, IIRC (at work, so can't check). Set to
        Untrained, and you should be good to go. I use that all the time. :)

        Tir Gwaith
        PCGen LST Chimp
      • Susan Dittmar
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2009
          Hi Arjan,

          > All is going well but I would like to add one feature if that is
          > possible. In PCGen itself I set the Skills tab to not include untrained
          > or any other skill. This makes it easier to manage skillpoints I find. On
          > output sheets I like to include untrained skills. Unfortunately the
          > skills exported are linked to the settings in the skills tabs. Which
          > means I always get it wrong the first time.

          this has nothing directly to do with the output sheet, but with your
          settings. I don't have the program running here, so I can only give vague
          advice as to where you find them.

          In the Preferences, there's a tab with paths of the preferred output sheet.
          On this same tab, I think, there is a chooser where you can define which
          skills will be displayed. Default is to show the same as in the skills tab,
          but you can choose 'untrained', independent of what you choose in the
          skills tab.

          Hope that helps,

          Susan

        • arjan_van_ginneken
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2009
            Tir, Susan

            Thanx, that's it. Way easier than I thought.

            Arjan