[OS]: limit pages in pdf taken up by spells

  • herzogaldilkassach
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2009
      I'm currently working on a character with wizard, sorcerer, and innate spells.

      My current version of the output sheets (a 5.17 version, haven't gotten around to using 5.16.2 yet) reserves a complete page for my single innate spell.

      Is it possible to have the spell pages continue without page-breaking between spelllists?

      If so, how would I do that?

      final reference: I'm using the d20\fantasy\pdf\csheet_fantasy_simple_blackandwhite.xslt pdf export.
    • chuckpint
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 30, 2009
        Open "fantasy_master_std.xslt" with any text editor. Look for this:

        <!--
        ====================================
        ====================================
        TEMPLATE - KNOWN SPELLS - SINGLE CLASS
        ====================================
        ====================================-->
        <xsl:template match="class" mode="spells.known">
        <xsl:if test="count(.//spell) > 0">
        <fo:block break-before="page"/>

        If you put "<!--" before that last line, and put "-->" after the line, that will take out the page break before each spell list. If you are using memorized spell lists, there is a similar page break command inside the start of that list as well.

        Chuck

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 30, 2009
          ok, thanks!

          one more thing:

          the memorized spells section is constructed like this:

          <fo:block break-before="page">
          <xsl:apply-templates mode="spells.memorized"/>
          </fo:block>

          how should I go about breaking that one up? (simpley removing the first line would result in an unmatched closing tag)

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "chuckpint" <pcgen2006@...> wrote:

          > Open "fantasy_master_std.xslt" with any text editor. Look for this:
          >
          > <!--
          > ====================================
          > ====================================
          > TEMPLATE - KNOWN SPELLS - SINGLE CLASS
          > ====================================
          > ====================================-->
          > <xsl:template match="class" mode="spells.known">
          > <xsl:if test="count(.//spell) > 0">
          > <fo:block break-before="page"/>
          >
          > If you put "<!--" before that last line, and put "-->" after the line, that will take out the page break before each spell list. If you are using memorized spell lists, there is a similar page break command inside the start of that list as well.
          >
          > Chuck
          >
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "herzogaldilkassach" <herzogaldilkassach@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I'm currently working on a character with wizard, sorcerer, and innate spells.
          > >
          > > My current version of the output sheets (a 5.17 version, haven't gotten around to using 5.16.2 yet) reserves a complete page for my single innate spell.
          > >
          > > Is it possible to have the spell pages continue without page-breaking between spelllists?
          > >
          > > If so, how would I do that?
          > >
          > > final reference: I'm using the d20\fantasy\pdf\csheet_fantasy_simple_blackandwhite.xslt pdf export.

        • Tir Gwaith
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 30, 2009
            On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 7:56 AM, herzogaldilkassach
            <herzogaldilkassach@...> wrote:
            > ok, thanks!
            >
            > one more thing:
            >
            > the memorized spells section is constructed like this:
            >
            > <fo:block break-before="page">
            >    <xsl:apply-templates mode="spells.memorized"/>
            > </fo:block>
            >
            > how should I go about breaking that one up? (simpley removing the first line would result in an unmatched closing tag)

            <!--
            <fo:block break-before="page">
            -->
            <fo:block>
            <xsl:apply-templates mode="spells.memorized"/>
            </fo:block>

            Tir Gwaith
            PCGen LST Chimp