Re: [pcgen] Turn Undead

  • Thomas Schekelmann
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 29, 2009

      I checked once more,
      I started PCGen new, loaded SRD 3.5 and started a blank, new Cleric.
      "Turn Undead" is not even listed as "not Available", no where.
      In Class abilities it offers me the Rogue Class abilities.

      Could it be, my lists are corrupted somehow?

      BRGDS and thnx for Help
      Thomas

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 29, 2009
        I have just tried to reproduce your problem, but it seems I can't. Here are
        the exact steps I made:

        1) Start up PCGen 5.16.1
        2) On the Source Materials tab, select RSRD/Complete/3.5 RSRD
        3) Click on Load button
        4) Create new character
        5) Enter stats, for example 14-8-13-10-15-12
        6) Select Alignment, for example Lawful Good
        7) Select Race, for example Human
        8) Select Class, in this case Cleric
        9) Click on [+] button to add one level of cleric
        At this point my Summary tab shows "Turn Undead remain to be selected".
        10) Go to Feats & Abilities tab
        11) Go to Class Abilities subtab

        Now, on the right side I have "Turn Undead (0/1)" and I can select from the
        selections on the left side, "Rebuke Undead" or "Turn Undead".

        Not that just selecting "Cleric" in the class field on the summary tab is not
        enough to make your character a cleric. Make sure you add the first class
        level with the [+] button, otherwise the class ability is not present yet. You
        can always see the actual class levels of you character in the "Character
        Classes" block on the right side of the Summary tab.

        Regards,
        Stefan.

        On Sunday 29 November 2009 12:16:00 you wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I checked once more,
        > I started PCGen new, loaded SRD 3.5 and started a blank, new Cleric.
        > "Turn Undead" is not even listed as "not Available", no where.
        > In Class abilities it offers me the Rogue Class abilities.
        >
        > Could it be, my lists are corrupted somehow?
        >
        > BRGDS and thnx for Help
        > Thomas

      • Eric C Smith
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 29, 2009
          Hi Folks!

          Stefan wrote:
          > I have just tried to reproduce your problem, but it seems I can't.
          > Here are
          > the exact steps I made:
          >
          > 1) Start up PCGen 5.16.1
          > 2) On the Source Materials tab, select RSRD/Complete/3.5 RSRD
          > 3) Click on Load button
          > 4) Create new character
          > 5) Enter stats, for example 14-8-13-10-15-12
          > 6) Select Alignment, for example Lawful Good
          > 7) Select Race, for example Human
          > 8) Select Class, in this case Cleric
          > 9) Click on [+] button to add one level of cleric
          > At this point my Summary tab shows "Turn Undead remain to be
          > selected".
          > 10) Go to Feats & Abilities tab
          > 11) Go to Class Abilities subtab
          >
          > Now, on the right side I have "Turn Undead (0/1)" and I can select
          > from the
          > selections on the left side, "Rebuke Undead" or "Turn Undead".

          One minor yet important point . . .

          You must click on the "Turn Undead (0/1)" text in the right pane to
          get the choices in the left pane to show up.

          Maredudd
        • Thomas Schekelmann
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 29, 2009
            Hi Folks,

            thnx, that did it.
            I setup the cleric right the same way as Stefan did, but i missed the "Turn Undead (0/1)" on the right side.
            I didn't even look there, since i expected all features needed to show in the left pane.

            Now I know better, thanks guys

            Thomas