Re: [FREQ] - Multiple Classes with Domains

  • ovka
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 26, 2009
      The data solution I presented requires a small bit of modification. It occurred to me that a character with a given cleric domain should be able to select the same domain as a druid. So a cleric 5/Druid 3 with the fire domain would get 3+WIS fire bolts doing 1d6+2 damage, and 3+WIS fire bolts dong 1d6+1 damage. Animal companion levels would still need to stack.

      This means that in my data solution, you would have to remove the !PREDOMAIN and !PREABILITY tags I mentioned, and have new versions of each of the domain abilities so that the variables could be tracked separately.

      I know this complicates things, but the eventual code solution (6.0?) to this should allow the domains to reference a single version of the abilities, but track the variables individually -- an object oriented approach.

      Cheers,

      Sir George Anonymous