Re: [pcgen] Re: BUG classlevel vs CL=

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009
      herzogaldilkassach wrote:
      >> Did you use classlevel('Ranger') or classlevel("Ranger")? note the
      >> double quote marks.
      >>

      > ....Man do I feel stupid.
      >
      > That said: should I be using classlevel("Ranger") or CL=Ranger in my formula's?

      I recomend the JEP function: classlevel(), CL=x is an older style and
      can be problem if you need to use it within a JEP formula, it will work
      but you would need to enclose it in the var() function so it will parse
      right: var("CL=Ranger"). Might as well use classlevel().

      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 15, 2009
        *bump*

        On 11/3/2009 6:55 AM, Eddy Anthony wrote:
        > herzogaldilkassach wrote:
        >
        >>> Did you use classlevel('Ranger') or classlevel("Ranger")? note the
        >>> double quote marks.
        >>>

        >> ....Man do I feel stupid.
        >>
        >> That said: should I be using classlevel("Ranger") or CL=Ranger in my formula's?
        >>

        > I recomend the JEP function: classlevel(), CL=x is an older style and
        > can be problem if you need to use it within a JEP formula, it will work
        > but you would need to enclose it in the var() function so it will parse
        > right: var("CL=Ranger"). Might as well use classlevel().

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 16, 2009
          On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 10:57 PM, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:
          > *bump*

          >>> ....Man do I feel stupid.
          >>>
          >>> That said: should I be using classlevel("Ranger") or CL=Ranger in my formula's?
          >>>

          >> I recomend the JEP function: classlevel(), CL=x is an older style and
          >> can be problem if you need to use it within a JEP formula, it will work
          >> but you would need to enclose it in the var() function so it will parse
          >> right:  var("CL=Ranger"). Might as well use classlevel().

          Going forward, the method should be classlevel("<classname>"). Note
          the double quotes, not single. For 6.0, both that and CL=<classname>
          should work.

          Tir Gwaith
          PCGen LST Chimp