Re: BUG classlevel vs CL=

  • herzogaldilkassach
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009

      > Did you use classlevel('Ranger') or classlevel("Ranger")? note the
      > double quote marks.
      >
      > --
      > ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      > ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp
      > ~ Outputsheet Tamarin & Mac build guru

      ....Man do I feel stupid.

      That said: should I be using classlevel("Ranger") or CL=Ranger in my formula's?
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009
        herzogaldilkassach wrote:
        >> Did you use classlevel('Ranger') or classlevel("Ranger")? note the
        >> double quote marks.
        >>

        > ....Man do I feel stupid.
        >
        > That said: should I be using classlevel("Ranger") or CL=Ranger in my formula's?

        I recomend the JEP function: classlevel(), CL=x is an older style and
        can be problem if you need to use it within a JEP formula, it will work
        but you would need to enclose it in the var() function so it will parse
        right: var("CL=Ranger"). Might as well use classlevel().

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 15, 2009
          *bump*

          On 11/3/2009 6:55 AM, Eddy Anthony wrote:
          > herzogaldilkassach wrote:
          >
          >>> Did you use classlevel('Ranger') or classlevel("Ranger")? note the
          >>> double quote marks.
          >>>

          >> ....Man do I feel stupid.
          >>
          >> That said: should I be using classlevel("Ranger") or CL=Ranger in my formula's?
          >>

          > I recomend the JEP function: classlevel(), CL=x is an older style and
          > can be problem if you need to use it within a JEP formula, it will work
          > but you would need to enclose it in the var() function so it will parse
          > right: var("CL=Ranger"). Might as well use classlevel().

          Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
        • Tir Gwaith
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 16, 2009
            On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 10:57 PM, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:
            > *bump*

            >>> ....Man do I feel stupid.
            >>>
            >>> That said: should I be using classlevel("Ranger") or CL=Ranger in my formula's?
            >>>

            >> I recomend the JEP function: classlevel(), CL=x is an older style and
            >> can be problem if you need to use it within a JEP formula, it will work
            >> but you would need to enclose it in the var() function so it will parse
            >> right:  var("CL=Ranger"). Might as well use classlevel().

            Going forward, the method should be classlevel("<classname>"). Note
            the double quotes, not single. For 6.0, both that and CL=<classname>
            should work.

            Tir Gwaith
            PCGen LST Chimp