BUG classlevel vs CL=

  • herzogaldilkassach
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009
      I'm not sure if this is a known issue, but it seems classlevel('Ranger') does not work in a FEAT lst file...
      (NB: PCGen 5.16.1)

      I went to a heap of trouble before replacing it with CL=Ranger, which worked as it should.

      I was under the impression there was a preference to using the JEP functions. Was I wrong?
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009
        herzogaldilkassach wrote:
        > I'm not sure if this is a known issue, but it seems classlevel('Ranger') does not work in a FEAT lst file...
        > (NB: PCGen 5.16.1)
        >
        > I went to a heap of trouble before replacing it with CL=Ranger, which worked as it should.
        >
        > I was under the impression there was a preference to using the JEP functions. Was I wrong?

        Did you use classlevel('Ranger') or classlevel("Ranger")? note the
        double quote marks.

        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009

          > Did you use classlevel('Ranger') or classlevel("Ranger")? note the
          > double quote marks.
          >
          > --
          > ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          > ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp
          > ~ Outputsheet Tamarin & Mac build guru

          ....Man do I feel stupid.

          That said: should I be using classlevel("Ranger") or CL=Ranger in my formula's?
        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009
            herzogaldilkassach wrote:
            >> Did you use classlevel('Ranger') or classlevel("Ranger")? note the
            >> double quote marks.
            >>

            > ....Man do I feel stupid.
            >
            > That said: should I be using classlevel("Ranger") or CL=Ranger in my formula's?

            I recomend the JEP function: classlevel(), CL=x is an older style and
            can be problem if you need to use it within a JEP formula, it will work
            but you would need to enclose it in the var() function so it will parse
            right: var("CL=Ranger"). Might as well use classlevel().

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 15, 2009
              *bump*

              On 11/3/2009 6:55 AM, Eddy Anthony wrote:
              > herzogaldilkassach wrote:
              >
              >>> Did you use classlevel('Ranger') or classlevel("Ranger")? note the
              >>> double quote marks.
              >>>

              >> ....Man do I feel stupid.
              >>
              >> That said: should I be using classlevel("Ranger") or CL=Ranger in my formula's?
              >>

              > I recomend the JEP function: classlevel(), CL=x is an older style and
              > can be problem if you need to use it within a JEP formula, it will work
              > but you would need to enclose it in the var() function so it will parse
              > right: var("CL=Ranger"). Might as well use classlevel().

              Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
            • Tir Gwaith
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 16, 2009
                On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 10:57 PM, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:
                > *bump*

                >>> ....Man do I feel stupid.
                >>>
                >>> That said: should I be using classlevel("Ranger") or CL=Ranger in my formula's?
                >>>

                >> I recomend the JEP function: classlevel(), CL=x is an older style and
                >> can be problem if you need to use it within a JEP formula, it will work
                >> but you would need to enclose it in the var() function so it will parse
                >> right:  var("CL=Ranger"). Might as well use classlevel().

                Going forward, the method should be classlevel("<classname>"). Note
                the double quotes, not single. For 6.0, both that and CL=<classname>
                should work.

                Tir Gwaith
                PCGen LST Chimp