Re: Class skills in template, help!

  • matthew.boulton@btopenworld.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 31, 2009
      All sorted then, thank you very much for the help :)

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 31, 2009
        Assuming I've read the replies correctly I now have a string which reads:
        CSKILL:Jump|Climb|Balance

        When I try to add that to a template I get the "The entered Tag Value is not valid"

        I guess I'm missing something obvious but I can't figure out what!
        Just in case I'm doing something utterly daft I'm entering this in the template editor, advanced tab.

        Thanks for the help.

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 31, 2009
          Template Name <tab> CSKILL:Jump|Climb|Balance

          That's all that's required for the function you want. However, you can add

          VISIBLE:DISPLAY
          so it doesn't show up on the character sheet, but will display in the GUI.

          Now, you've mentioned your working with the Lst Editor, so you may have
          encountered a bug.

          I'll see if I can replicate and if so, open a bug for you...

          If that's the case, a simple text editor can solve this problem by
          adding that to a template file that you load with your data.

          Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 1, 2009
            Thank you for the help, manual editing's sorted the problem.
            Strangely I was able to add the CSKILL line into a different template using the lst editor but then couldn't in another. It may well have been me doing something wrong rather than a bug though, I'm kinda new to custom stuff in PCGen!

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 1, 2009
              Hi Matthew,

              If you find a method of accurately duplicating this problem please post
              it here. That way our coders can fix the problem. And save the next guy
              coming behind you a lot of trouble.

              Glad you were able to get it fixed.

              Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin