Re: [pcgen] Re: Class skills in template, help!

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 30, 2009
      Hi Folks,

      herzogaldilkassach wrote:
      > according to the doc's that should work as you have explained.
      >
      > NB: when adding the CSKILL tag in a class file, they become class skills.
      > when adding the CSKILL tag in a domain file, it becomes a class skill for classes that grant the domain.
      >
      > anywere else it should become a class skill for all the classes you have.
      >
      > not sure about classes added afterwards though. You'd have to try that out.
      >
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "matthew.boulton@..." <matthew.boulton@...> wrote:
      >
      >> I apologise if the answer to this is already available, I've had a search and not come across anything though.
      >> I'm creating a custom template quite happily but I want to add some skills as part of the template and for those skills then to become permanent class skills regardless of any class levels taken.
      >> I've found how to give ranks in skills and feats and everything else I want to do, just left with this one stumbling block.
      >> I'm using Pcgen 5161 and, if it makes any difference, the template is for D20 modern, working solely from the core rulebook.
      >> Any help will be much appreciated.

      CSKILL:Skill Name|Skill Name 2|Skill Name (Subskill)

      That will globally apply those skills as class skills to any class,
      regardless of when they are added. It can be done using a Template or
      Ability. Used in a Class File it will only apply to the class it's within.

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

    • matthew.boulton@btopenworld.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 31, 2009
        All sorted then, thank you very much for the help :)

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 31, 2009
          Assuming I've read the replies correctly I now have a string which reads:
          CSKILL:Jump|Climb|Balance

          When I try to add that to a template I get the "The entered Tag Value is not valid"

          I guess I'm missing something obvious but I can't figure out what!
          Just in case I'm doing something utterly daft I'm entering this in the template editor, advanced tab.

          Thanks for the help.

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 31, 2009
            Template Name <tab> CSKILL:Jump|Climb|Balance

            That's all that's required for the function you want. However, you can add

            VISIBLE:DISPLAY
            so it doesn't show up on the character sheet, but will display in the GUI.

            Now, you've mentioned your working with the Lst Editor, so you may have
            encountered a bug.

            I'll see if I can replicate and if so, open a bug for you...

            If that's the case, a simple text editor can solve this problem by
            adding that to a template file that you load with your data.

            Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 1, 2009
              Thank you for the help, manual editing's sorted the problem.
              Strangely I was able to add the CSKILL line into a different template using the lst editor but then couldn't in another. It may well have been me doing something wrong rather than a bug though, I'm kinda new to custom stuff in PCGen!

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 1, 2009
                Hi Matthew,

                If you find a method of accurately duplicating this problem please post
                it here. That way our coders can fix the problem. And save the next guy
                coming behind you a lot of trouble.

                Glad you were able to get it fixed.

                Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin