Re: [Pathfinder] Acrobatics (jump)

  • ovka
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 27, 2009
      >DEFINE:myVar|0
      >ABILITY:yadayada1|PREVARGTEQ:myVar,1
      >ABILITY:yadayada2|!PREVARGTEQ:myVar,1
      >
      >When myVar = 0, yadayada2 is granted as it should be. When myVar =
      >1, both yadayada1 and yadayada2 are granted.
      >
      >I'm using 5.16.1.

      I tried changing the PREVAR tags to just about every different combination possible (including wrapping them in PREMULTS and rearranging the order of several tags), and got the same results for this. Then I added

      DEFINE:mySecondVar|0
      BONUS:VAR|mySecondVar|1-myVar

      and changed the second ABILITY tag to be

      ABILITY:yadayada2|PREVARGTEQ:mySecondVar,1

      It worked after that. It seems like using a single variable to choose between two mutually exclusive ability tags doesn't work properly. It *does* work when you have

      ABILITY:yadayada1|PREVARGTEQ:myVar,2
      ABILITY:yadayada2|PREVARGTEQ:myVar,4
      ABILITY:yadayada3|PREVARGTEQ:myVar,6

      Hopefully someone can use this information to squash a bug.

      Cheers,

      Sir George Anonymous
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 27, 2009
        ovka wrote:
        >> DEFINE:myVar|0
        >> ABILITY:yadayada1|PREVARGTEQ:myVar,1
        >> ABILITY:yadayada2|!PREVARGTEQ:myVar,1
        >>
        >> When myVar = 0, yadayada2 is granted as it should be. When myVar =
        >> 1, both yadayada1 and yadayada2 are granted.
        >>
        >> I'm using 5.16.1.
        >>

        > I tried changing the PREVAR tags to just about every different combination possible (including wrapping them in PREMULTS and rearranging the order of several tags), and got the same results for this. Then I added
        >
        > DEFINE:mySecondVar|0
        > BONUS:VAR|mySecondVar|1-myVar
        >
        > and changed the second ABILITY tag to be
        >
        > ABILITY:yadayada2|PREVARGTEQ:mySecondVar,1
        >
        > It worked after that. It seems like using a single variable to choose between two mutually exclusive ability tags doesn't work properly. It *does* work when you have
        >
        > ABILITY:yadayada1|PREVARGTEQ:myVar,2
        > ABILITY:yadayada2|PREVARGTEQ:myVar,4
        > ABILITY:yadayada3|PREVARGTEQ:myVar,6
        >
        > Hopefully someone can use this information to squash a bug.
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Sir George Anonymous

        Thanks, Sir George... I think there is something up in the vars. I'll
        add it to a tracker.

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 27, 2009
          2887533 PREVAR using the same VAR has issues
          <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2887533&group_id=25576&atid=384719>

        • thpr
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 30, 2009
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ovka" <lpacdavis@...> wrote:

            > >DEFINE:myVar|0
            > >ABILITY:yadayada1|PREVARGTEQ:myVar,1
            > >ABILITY:yadayada2|!PREVARGTEQ:myVar,1
            > >
            > >When myVar = 0, yadayada2 is granted as it should be. When myVar =
            > >1, both yadayada1 and yadayada2 are granted.

            Tom1 ABILITY:FEAT|NORMAL|Tom2|PREVARGTEQ:myVar,1 ABILITY:FEAT|NORMAL|Tom3|!PREVARGTEQ:myVar,1
            Tom2 SAB:WooHoo
            Tom3 SAB:WooHoo2
            TomVar1 DEFINE:myVar|0
            TomVar2 BONUS:VAR|myVar|1
            TomVar3 BONUS:VAR|myVar|1

            works just fine for me.

            I can apply:
            TomVar1
            Tom1
            and get
            Tom3 added

            TomVar1
            Tom1
            TomVar2
            and get
            Tom2 added

            Therefore, I cannot reproduce the issue as described in either the Trunk or 5.16 branch.

            Can someone please pull together a dataset and specific instructions to reproduce the issue? It appears more complicated than implied by this thread.

            TP.