Re: [Pathfinder] Acrobatics (jump)

  • ovka
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 26, 2009
      > I think I've nailed it down after doing some tests:
      >
      >PREVARNEQ is having issues... I've replaced it with
      >PREMULT:1,[PREVARGT:var("SKILL.Blah
      >(Sub).TOTAL"),var("SKILL.Blah.TOTAL],[PREVARLT:var("SKILL.SKILL.Blah
      >(Sub).MISC"),var("SKILL.Blah.MISC")]
      >
      >And that seems to do the trick on my end. Apparently NEQ is the
      >trouble
      >child each time I used it, I'd get the freeze loop. Replacing it
      >with
      >that should solve the ongoing issue
      >
      >Reasoning - I figure, MISC bonus is going to be less in the Sub
      >Skill,
      >so use LT for that, and then GT for the TOTAL.

      I've had similar issues with !PREVARGTEQ. I have an ability with a variable that gets defined. The variable is bonused elsewhere. This ability conditially grants two other abilities like this:

      DEFINE:myVar|0
      ABILITY:yadayada1|PREVARGTEQ:myVar,1
      ABILITY:yadayada2|!PREVARGTEQ:myVar,1

      When myVar = 0, yadayada2 is granted as it should be. When myVar = 1, both yadayada1 and yadayada2 are granted. If I remember correctly, I tested with

      ABILITY:yadayada2|PREVARLT:myVar,1

      and got the same results. The problem is that it PREVAR seems to work for me in most cases, so I haven't been able to isolate the problem.

      I'm using 5.16.1.

      Cheers,

      Sir George Anonymous
    • ovka
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 27, 2009
        >DEFINE:myVar|0
        >ABILITY:yadayada1|PREVARGTEQ:myVar,1
        >ABILITY:yadayada2|!PREVARGTEQ:myVar,1
        >
        >When myVar = 0, yadayada2 is granted as it should be. When myVar =
        >1, both yadayada1 and yadayada2 are granted.
        >
        >I'm using 5.16.1.

        I tried changing the PREVAR tags to just about every different combination possible (including wrapping them in PREMULTS and rearranging the order of several tags), and got the same results for this. Then I added

        DEFINE:mySecondVar|0
        BONUS:VAR|mySecondVar|1-myVar

        and changed the second ABILITY tag to be

        ABILITY:yadayada2|PREVARGTEQ:mySecondVar,1

        It worked after that. It seems like using a single variable to choose between two mutually exclusive ability tags doesn't work properly. It *does* work when you have

        ABILITY:yadayada1|PREVARGTEQ:myVar,2
        ABILITY:yadayada2|PREVARGTEQ:myVar,4
        ABILITY:yadayada3|PREVARGTEQ:myVar,6

        Hopefully someone can use this information to squash a bug.

        Cheers,

        Sir George Anonymous
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 27, 2009
          ovka wrote:
          >> DEFINE:myVar|0
          >> ABILITY:yadayada1|PREVARGTEQ:myVar,1
          >> ABILITY:yadayada2|!PREVARGTEQ:myVar,1
          >>
          >> When myVar = 0, yadayada2 is granted as it should be. When myVar =
          >> 1, both yadayada1 and yadayada2 are granted.
          >>
          >> I'm using 5.16.1.
          >>

          > I tried changing the PREVAR tags to just about every different combination possible (including wrapping them in PREMULTS and rearranging the order of several tags), and got the same results for this. Then I added
          >
          > DEFINE:mySecondVar|0
          > BONUS:VAR|mySecondVar|1-myVar
          >
          > and changed the second ABILITY tag to be
          >
          > ABILITY:yadayada2|PREVARGTEQ:mySecondVar,1
          >
          > It worked after that. It seems like using a single variable to choose between two mutually exclusive ability tags doesn't work properly. It *does* work when you have
          >
          > ABILITY:yadayada1|PREVARGTEQ:myVar,2
          > ABILITY:yadayada2|PREVARGTEQ:myVar,4
          > ABILITY:yadayada3|PREVARGTEQ:myVar,6
          >
          > Hopefully someone can use this information to squash a bug.
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Sir George Anonymous

          Thanks, Sir George... I think there is something up in the vars. I'll
          add it to a tracker.

          Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 27, 2009
            2887533 PREVAR using the same VAR has issues
            <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2887533&group_id=25576&atid=384719>

          • thpr
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 30, 2009
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ovka" <lpacdavis@...> wrote:

              > >DEFINE:myVar|0
              > >ABILITY:yadayada1|PREVARGTEQ:myVar,1
              > >ABILITY:yadayada2|!PREVARGTEQ:myVar,1
              > >
              > >When myVar = 0, yadayada2 is granted as it should be. When myVar =
              > >1, both yadayada1 and yadayada2 are granted.

              Tom1 ABILITY:FEAT|NORMAL|Tom2|PREVARGTEQ:myVar,1 ABILITY:FEAT|NORMAL|Tom3|!PREVARGTEQ:myVar,1
              Tom2 SAB:WooHoo
              Tom3 SAB:WooHoo2
              TomVar1 DEFINE:myVar|0
              TomVar2 BONUS:VAR|myVar|1
              TomVar3 BONUS:VAR|myVar|1

              works just fine for me.

              I can apply:
              TomVar1
              Tom1
              and get
              Tom3 added

              TomVar1
              Tom1
              TomVar2
              and get
              Tom2 added

              Therefore, I cannot reproduce the issue as described in either the Trunk or 5.16 branch.

              Can someone please pull together a dataset and specific instructions to reproduce the issue? It appears more complicated than implied by this thread.

              TP.