Re: [pcgen] [Pathfinder] Acrobatics (jump)

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 25, 2009
      Andrew Maitland wrote:
      > peacecorpsbrian wrote:
      >
      > I'm not a PF expert - but let's see what we can see here:
      >
      > Acrobatics the primary skill is coming out with a correct modifier of 19.
      > (Excellent)
      >

      > +3
      > [cskill ACROBATICS gteq 1|
      > skill ACROBATICS gteq 1|TYPE=CLASSSKILL]
      > +5[TYPE=COMPETENCE]
      > +8[Acrobatics]
      >
      > <<< So far Normal <<<
      >
      > -1[var SKILLINFO("RANK", "ACROBATICS") neq 0|rule DISPLAYSKILLUSE gteq 1|var VAR("SKILL.ACROBATICS (JUMP).MISC") neq
      > VAR("SKILL.ACROBATICS.MISC")]
      >
      > That is a Conditional Skill Modifier = If the Rank in acrobatics does not equal 0 then the -1 is not activated... It's a work around to display any skills that are 'conditional' when a character has a modifier for that skill, but no skill rank. Such is our workaround till we can get things working, however that should not be getting activated. So it's in error IF acrobatics (Jump) is actually displaying less than the Acrobatics skill. Which I think is what you are saying. *Sigh* Something in the formula doesn't like the end result.
      >
      > +5[STAT]
      >
      > Pcgen will - things out in the background. As long as the end result is correct I wouldn't worry bout that.
      > -7[OTHER]
      >

      >> PCGen 5.16.1 on a Mac)
      >>
      >> I'm getting two different skill mods for Acrobatics - one a regular mod of 19, and the other an 18 for Jump. I've seen split Acrobatics/Jump mods before with slower characters (move = 20'), but I'm trying to create a human with move = 30'.
      >>
      >> I tried looking at the "PC Modifier:" line in the Skill Info box but it's CRAZY complicated. For something like Climb it just says "+3[cskill CLIMB gteq 1|skill CLIMB gteq 1|TYPE=CLASSSKILL] +1[STAT]", which I can tell is Class Skill +3, Stat +1.
      >>
      >> But for Acrobatics it says "+3[cskill ACROBATICS gteq 1|skill ACROBATICS gteq 1|TYPE=CLASSSKILL] +5[TYPE=COMPETENCE] +8[Acrobatics] -1[var SKILLINFO("RANK", "ACROBATICS") neq 0|rule DISPLAYSKILLUSE gteq 1|var VAR("SKILL.ACROBATICS (JUMP).MISC") neq VAR("SKILL.ACROBATICS.MISC")] +5[STAT] -7[OTHER]"
      >>
      >> I recognize a few things in there... +3 Class Skill, +5 Competence (Boots of Elvenkind), +5 Stat. Together those plus my 6 ranks give me the correct Skill Mod of 19. But what are the +8 Acrobatics, the -1 Jump Misc., and the -7 Other? I can do the math and see that those generate my lower Jump modifier, but #1 what do the mean, and #2 are they correct? I don't feel like I should have a lower Jump.
      >>
      >> Thanks

      I think I've nailed it down after doing some tests:

      PREVARNEQ is having issues... I've replaced it with
      PREMULT:1,[PREVARGT:var("SKILL.Blah
      (Sub).TOTAL"),var("SKILL.Blah.TOTAL],[PREVARLT:var("SKILL.SKILL.Blah
      (Sub).MISC"),var("SKILL.Blah.MISC")]

      And that seems to do the trick on my end. Apparently NEQ is the trouble
      child each time I used it, I'd get the freeze loop. Replacing it with
      that should solve the ongoing issue

      Reasoning - I figure, MISC bonus is going to be less in the Sub Skill,
      so use LT for that, and then GT for the TOTAL.

      Anyways, I'll let Stefan evaluate this for the PF set.

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

    • ovka
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 26, 2009
        > I think I've nailed it down after doing some tests:
        >
        >PREVARNEQ is having issues... I've replaced it with
        >PREMULT:1,[PREVARGT:var("SKILL.Blah
        >(Sub).TOTAL"),var("SKILL.Blah.TOTAL],[PREVARLT:var("SKILL.SKILL.Blah
        >(Sub).MISC"),var("SKILL.Blah.MISC")]
        >
        >And that seems to do the trick on my end. Apparently NEQ is the
        >trouble
        >child each time I used it, I'd get the freeze loop. Replacing it
        >with
        >that should solve the ongoing issue
        >
        >Reasoning - I figure, MISC bonus is going to be less in the Sub
        >Skill,
        >so use LT for that, and then GT for the TOTAL.

        I've had similar issues with !PREVARGTEQ. I have an ability with a variable that gets defined. The variable is bonused elsewhere. This ability conditially grants two other abilities like this:

        DEFINE:myVar|0
        ABILITY:yadayada1|PREVARGTEQ:myVar,1
        ABILITY:yadayada2|!PREVARGTEQ:myVar,1

        When myVar = 0, yadayada2 is granted as it should be. When myVar = 1, both yadayada1 and yadayada2 are granted. If I remember correctly, I tested with

        ABILITY:yadayada2|PREVARLT:myVar,1

        and got the same results. The problem is that it PREVAR seems to work for me in most cases, so I haven't been able to isolate the problem.

        I'm using 5.16.1.

        Cheers,

        Sir George Anonymous
      • ovka
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 27, 2009
          >DEFINE:myVar|0
          >ABILITY:yadayada1|PREVARGTEQ:myVar,1
          >ABILITY:yadayada2|!PREVARGTEQ:myVar,1
          >
          >When myVar = 0, yadayada2 is granted as it should be. When myVar =
          >1, both yadayada1 and yadayada2 are granted.
          >
          >I'm using 5.16.1.

          I tried changing the PREVAR tags to just about every different combination possible (including wrapping them in PREMULTS and rearranging the order of several tags), and got the same results for this. Then I added

          DEFINE:mySecondVar|0
          BONUS:VAR|mySecondVar|1-myVar

          and changed the second ABILITY tag to be

          ABILITY:yadayada2|PREVARGTEQ:mySecondVar,1

          It worked after that. It seems like using a single variable to choose between two mutually exclusive ability tags doesn't work properly. It *does* work when you have

          ABILITY:yadayada1|PREVARGTEQ:myVar,2
          ABILITY:yadayada2|PREVARGTEQ:myVar,4
          ABILITY:yadayada3|PREVARGTEQ:myVar,6

          Hopefully someone can use this information to squash a bug.

          Cheers,

          Sir George Anonymous
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 27, 2009
            ovka wrote:
            >> DEFINE:myVar|0
            >> ABILITY:yadayada1|PREVARGTEQ:myVar,1
            >> ABILITY:yadayada2|!PREVARGTEQ:myVar,1
            >>
            >> When myVar = 0, yadayada2 is granted as it should be. When myVar =
            >> 1, both yadayada1 and yadayada2 are granted.
            >>
            >> I'm using 5.16.1.
            >>

            > I tried changing the PREVAR tags to just about every different combination possible (including wrapping them in PREMULTS and rearranging the order of several tags), and got the same results for this. Then I added
            >
            > DEFINE:mySecondVar|0
            > BONUS:VAR|mySecondVar|1-myVar
            >
            > and changed the second ABILITY tag to be
            >
            > ABILITY:yadayada2|PREVARGTEQ:mySecondVar,1
            >
            > It worked after that. It seems like using a single variable to choose between two mutually exclusive ability tags doesn't work properly. It *does* work when you have
            >
            > ABILITY:yadayada1|PREVARGTEQ:myVar,2
            > ABILITY:yadayada2|PREVARGTEQ:myVar,4
            > ABILITY:yadayada3|PREVARGTEQ:myVar,6
            >
            > Hopefully someone can use this information to squash a bug.
            >
            > Cheers,
            >
            > Sir George Anonymous

            Thanks, Sir George... I think there is something up in the vars. I'll
            add it to a tracker.

            Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 27, 2009
              2887533 PREVAR using the same VAR has issues
              <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2887533&group_id=25576&atid=384719>

            • thpr
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 30, 2009
                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ovka" <lpacdavis@...> wrote:

                > >DEFINE:myVar|0
                > >ABILITY:yadayada1|PREVARGTEQ:myVar,1
                > >ABILITY:yadayada2|!PREVARGTEQ:myVar,1
                > >
                > >When myVar = 0, yadayada2 is granted as it should be. When myVar =
                > >1, both yadayada1 and yadayada2 are granted.

                Tom1 ABILITY:FEAT|NORMAL|Tom2|PREVARGTEQ:myVar,1 ABILITY:FEAT|NORMAL|Tom3|!PREVARGTEQ:myVar,1
                Tom2 SAB:WooHoo
                Tom3 SAB:WooHoo2
                TomVar1 DEFINE:myVar|0
                TomVar2 BONUS:VAR|myVar|1
                TomVar3 BONUS:VAR|myVar|1

                works just fine for me.

                I can apply:
                TomVar1
                Tom1
                and get
                Tom3 added

                TomVar1
                Tom1
                TomVar2
                and get
                Tom2 added

                Therefore, I cannot reproduce the issue as described in either the Trunk or 5.16 branch.

                Can someone please pull together a dataset and specific instructions to reproduce the issue? It appears more complicated than implied by this thread.

                TP.