[BUG] Points go negative after levelling up

  • dooplex
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 22, 2009
      Hello -

      Windows XP Pro SP3
      PCGen 5.16.1 in 3.5e Standard mode

      After creating and saving a L1 character, I level-up, save and close. If I then reopen the character, the points value changes to [(points + 1) x -1]. Is this a bug?

      Steps to reproduce:

      * Fully create L1 character - manually edit "Score [Editable]" stats as per originally rolled with physical dice. e.g. in my case the L1 character has 107 points

      * File / Save As, append filename with " L1"

      * Level up from L1 to L2

      * Select HP

      * Assign skill points

      * Change tab name

      * File / Save As, change filename to end with " L2"

      * Check Points using "Character Sheet" tab: still 107

      * File / Close - Character has changed, Save? No

      * File / Open, select "L2" character file

      * Check Points using 'Character Sheet" tab: L2 character now has -108 points

      Note: same behaviour if you do a "File / Save" and overwrite the original L1 character file.
      Note: same behaviour if you select "Yes" when prompted that character has changed.
      Note: as described, this does not appear to be tied to those levels where the character gets a stat increase (4, 8 etc).

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 25, 2009
        2886283 Points go negative after leveling up
        <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2886283&group_id=25576&atid=384719>

        > Hello -
        >
        > Windows XP Pro SP3
        > PCGen 5.16.1 in 3.5e Standard mode
        >
        > After creating and saving a L1 character, I level-up, save and close. If I then reopen the character, the points value changes to [(points + 1) x -1]. Is this a bug?
        >
        > Steps to reproduce:
        >
        > * Fully create L1 character - manually edit "Score [Editable]" stats as per originally rolled with physical dice. e.g. in my case the L1 character has 107 points
        >
        > * File / Save As, append filename with " L1"
        >
        > * Level up from L1 to L2
        >
        > * Select HP
        >
        > * Assign skill points
        >
        > * Change tab name
        >
        > * File / Save As, change filename to end with " L2"
        >
        > * Check Points using "Character Sheet" tab: still 107

        So it's the points on the character sheet tab, NOT the summary tab?
        > * File / Close - Character has changed, Save? No
        >
        > * File / Open, select "L2" character file
        >
        > * Check Points using 'Character Sheet" tab: L2 character now has -108 points

        Sounds like some sort of internal code issue... I'll call it a code bug.
        > Note: same behaviour if you do a "File / Save" and overwrite the original L1 character file.
        > Note: same behaviour if you select "Yes" when prompted that character has changed.
        > Note: as described, this does not appear to be tied to those levels where the character gets a stat increase (4, 8 etc).

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin